Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High CPU usage?

Hi,

I've just installed BLLAN on my HS3 installation on a Hometroller S4 (Atom N270). I know the cpu is very light, but I never thought periodic pinging to a bunch of IPs would raise the CPU usage so much?

Is this normal?

(Yes, the peaks are caused by HSPI_BLLAN.EXE, where it would hit 40+% every few seconds).

After disabling the plugin:

I only have 4 machines registered as computers to BLLAN for now.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

I am not noticing high CPU usage here
    Are you running the latest build in the HS3 updater?
    What kind of machine are you running it on?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      I am not noticing high CPU usage here
      Are you running the latest build in the HS3 updater?
      What kind of machine are you running it on?
      Yes, I've just installed it earlier today, so it should be the latest public one.

I'm running it on the bahemoth known as HomeTroller S4... with its screaming Atom N270
      (I know... I know.. but I don't think the plugin should have eaten up such high CPU either?).
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

I will take a look and let you know
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

I will take a look and let you know
          Awesome!
          Thank you.

Comment

I've upgraded my HS3 machine to 4 core avoton. My Atom N270 passmark score was around 300 points, this avoton is 2500 points; so quite a substantial power increase. The RAM is increased from 1GB to 16GB. Yet the problem is still there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z80Ylwm9e-s

I wonder if it has to do with the code used to enumerate devices within HS3?

Comment

Hmmm I do not notice it on my machine.
              I will check the CPU usage tonight and see if I notice what you are seeing.

I assume you are running the latest build of BLLAN
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Hmmm I do not notice it on my machine.
                I will check the CPU usage tonight and see if I notice what you are seeing.

I assume you are running the latest build of BLLAN
                Thanks a lot.

Yes, latest BLLAN and HS3 .163.

I've had something sort of similar (plugin performing poorly) that was exposed due to the number of devices in my HS3 installation (now closing to 500 devices):

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1174368

Comment

It is odd. I assume this is windows you are using.
                  I know once user who is using BLLAN on the PI2 and he is polling his devices every second and said it is running great.
                  I will try and take a look this weekend
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

It is odd. I assume this is windows you are using.
                    I know once user who is using BLLAN on the PI2 and he is polling his devices every second and said it is running great.
                    I will try and take a look this weekend
                    Wow 1s poll is pretty extreme.

Yes, this is win8.1 64bit running on 4 core Atom C2550 (Avoton) which is probably the fastest Atom right now (below C2750 that has 8 cores). Some ppl use it for vmware platform, so I think it should handily dish out the pings without these spikes in normal condition. Everything is stock, 16GB ram with 160GB intel SSD.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X