This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming Insteon Motion Sensor

My wife has told me she no longer wants the bathroom vanity light to come on after a certain time at night - she bought one of those stupid bathroom bowl LED lights, and says that's all we need at night. (OK, not so stupid, it's kinda purdy, and she has Lupus, so the less light the better).

Anyway, the vanity light is controlled by an Insteon Motion Sensor. So at night I want to change its settings to either NOT CONTROL THE VANITY LIGHT AT ALL or at least transmit an ON to 0%. Not sure, but I suspect this is a scripting thing? If so, I'm screwed.

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

I suppose you could set the vanity light link (from the MS) to an on level of 0%. this is supported. it depends if you are expecting the vanity lights to come on during the day.

you can't have two different links from the MS to the vanity lights device for different times of the day.

otherwise, you would need to unlink the MS from the vanity lights and setup triggers and events to make this logic happen. you don't need scripting.

hope this helps
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X