X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another McD's special....

This script is great...

Just got call waiting caller id and *Wow* now HS announces the call over the house speakers EVEN when the line is busy...

The minor catch is the the phone in use has to be on the other side of the NetCid box. But that isn't a problem if you've wired the house to use any of the phones for talking to HS or if you use today's popular multi extension wireless phones. I have both (5.8GHZ uniden) and I rewired the house before I got those phones.

QUESTION: What's the best way to have the script announce multiple times? I could duplicate all the hs.speak lines but isn't there a better way?

Both HSP and the Netcid script announce (I'm running both for now) the call once from the call waiting data. HS apparently sees the data as one ring. HSP DOES announce every other ring on a regular call.

Still have a couple of weeks on the trial, but $15 is heading your way David! And I call tell by the avatar it's for a worthy cause. Not much of a dinner for the wife - but hey, I like burgers.

Thanks.

GLT

P.S.Too bad the program I run on the other PC won't pick up the caller ID even when that pc is the only thing on the line... BUT NETCID DOES! The other pc is running one on those v.92 programs (NetWaiting) that just don't seem to work, it get's the ring but no CID data.

For the speaking multiple times you have a few options. The simple one is a for next loop.
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    NumTimes = 4
    For Loop = 1 to NumTimes
    hs.Speak "Put speak stuff Here"
    Next
    </pre>
    This would speak 4 times. Used to use this but found that if something else happened slowed or stopped the speach of a few seconds it would still speak all 4 times, even if it happened to be 30 seconds later.

I currently use a loop like this:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    AnnounceCaller(Announce) 'Here I call my accouncement routine, this contains all my hs.speak commands, I use this as I change the speach depending on numbers and such.
    StartTime = Timer
    hs.waitsecs 0

Do
    hs.waitsecs 4 ' this delays 4 seconds between speach
    AnnounceCaller(Announce)
    Loop Until (Timer-StartTime) &gt; 10 ' This will stop the announcements after 10 seconds. No matter what.
    </pre>
    You can adjust the times to suit your needs.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Scott,

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply - a little hurricane problem.

I combined your ideas with David's ( http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...3&m=9846065443 )
      and have it working fine.

I highly recommend this solution - especially for call waiting CID.

Thanks again,

GLT

Comment

Working...
      X