No announcement yet.

Joggler Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today playing with a new Realtek Network driver for Windows 8.1 and XP.

It appears to be working. I had originally modified the XP builds removing the wireless NIC and connecting the USB port to an Asix USB to NIC.

I do have some 3 XP Jogglers configured for just wireless. Tested the new driver on these and it works.

Tested the new driver on the Windows 8.1 build and it works there too.

This now allows for a Gb connection with no hardware network adds using the internally built in Gb connection.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, can one get 8.1 running without an internal HD? I saw a couple references to you running 8 in the seabios thread on Joggler wiki but nothing about HOW you got it running.

I'd like to replace XP on my last remaining Joggler..

Comment

You can give it a try.

Running 8.1 on a USB stick only lasted a couple of boots and it appeared to mess some with the boot stuff to where it would error out and not boot.

Here I started from scratch with a zif connected SSD drive installing W8.1 from the installation disk.

Its been running now for a few weeks just fine.

Magnus (Moskus) is trying similiar on his physically unmodded but updated with Seabios Joggler.

What may work better though would be a USB SSD stick. I purchased a few of these to test with relating to OS booting (all of the OS's tested) and they seemed to work way better for me than the regular USB stick. They were being sold by Kingspec. I fit them inside of my Joggler but had to remove the device from the case. I did initially test them with the side USB port. They are much larger than a regular USB stick.

On another note a new Joggler / Openframe EFI test.

One of the Joggler users noticed that the PATA boot driver was included in the boot EFI bios on the Openpeak 7e.

I have taken this bios saved from the Openpeak 7e and installed it on an Openpeak 1.0 device and its working.

Last week I did remove the "test" touch screen interface plugin for Windows 8.1 with some bells and whistles and reinstalled the stock included touchscreen generic drivers. They work fine with HSTouch.
        Last edited by Pete; May 19, 2014, 06:35 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

11th of July, 2014

Some more Joggler playing.

Really though Openframe 2 playing.

Soldering a PATA port and Micro SD slot to the motherboard in the next few days.

Looking to "socket" the flash rom chip.
          Attached Files
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

You really need a zipper on that thing. :-)
            Don

Comment

Yup; from what I can tell there is a different ROM bios in the Telio Openpeak devices. This causes some weird issues in the MMC boot EFI partition. I have not seen any problems with the plain jane Openpeak, Ayaya, Cisco or Verizon boot roms. The more I play with the device the more I learn about its nuances. IE: by default it loads the sound drivers for the DECT phones; but not the DECT stuff.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Playing today with a prototype and I have no idea what is different about it yet; it just isn't the same; if that makes any sense.
                Last edited by Pete; July 16, 2014, 10:28 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                X