HST-IWAC7 Screen Hinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HST-IWAC7 Screen Hinge

This sounds like kind of a stupid question, but I swung my screen out to access the SD slot, and now, when I close it, it pops back out by about 1 inch. I can't get it to stay closed/flush (into the enclosure). I really don't want to take the screen apart to access the hinge to try and blindly figure it out, so thought I'd ask here first if anyone has encountered this and how they fixed it.

Thanks.

Make sure the sd card is not in there. I am pretty sure it wasnt designed to close with the card in there. If thats not it then it might be a cable.

If thats not it i have a few around somewhere i can try and find to see if i can help you figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, the SD card is not in there, and I did check for cables getting in the way, but nothing I can see. I was wondering if the hinges need to be oiled somehow, but I'm not sure if I should take off the housing and look at the ones on the sides of the screen or the ones at the top of the screen. I'd be really nervous about oiling an electronics device.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws1080 View Post
        Yeah, the SD card is not in there, and I did check for cables getting in the way, but nothing I can see. I was wondering if the hinges need to be oiled somehow, but I'm not sure if I should take off the housing and look at the ones on the sides of the screen or the ones at the top of the screen. I'd be really nervous about oiling an electronics device.

I will try and find one of mine today and look at it. Maybe something that just need another set of eyes to spot.

Comment

Mine are the resistive not capacitive version. Not sure if the hinges are the same. I dont see them being spring loaded etc on mine.

I really thought it was your ethernet cable feeding from the wall pushing it back. Can you take a pic of yours?

Comment

Working...
          X