No announcement yet.

Can 2 kinects be run on a remote machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you switch to the second kinect in the config file, does it correctly write the kinect id to your ini file

if so can you try to manually write the other kinect id in the second ini file?

Comment

the one with the kinect Id in the INI file is the one that doesn't connect ???

Cheers Ken
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

have you tried to set a different id in each ini file?

Comment

No I haven't I'll try that now.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Where do I get the correct format for the Kinect id. It is formatted different in the ini files then it appears in the cmd screen

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

the correct format is the one you see in the console, but that's not normal they should be the same in the ini and in the console

Comment

so the kinect ID should be the same as where it shows connected in the counsel.

and not like it shows up in the ini file with alot of % signs in it?

Cheers Ken

Comment

Spud, I got it working !!! is looks like it is in the was that you are sending the kinect Id to the INI file. I never check the whole number until now but it is not being saved the same in he ini file as it is in the counsel. after manually entering the ID's it works great but if you select the kinect in the config screen it enters the id with alot of added %%% signs and it fails.

Hope this will help you narrow it down

Cheers Ken

Comment

I'm glad you finally got it working.

I just found out that there is some differences between Chrome and Firefox. I always use firefox and the id is correctly saved. With chrome the id is not correctly parsed and it is saved with the % you saw, which causw some issues. I guess you are using Chrome, right?

I will try to fix this issue

Can you access the config page now?

Comment

Spud you are right I am using chrome.

I still can't get the config pages. I will try firefox and see if thing are different once to give you an idea whats up

Cheers Ken

Comment

Spud even running firefox I cant get eh config screens when running multiple instance on a remote machine. the web page just comes up blank but I can get he other 4 instances so I think it has to be something with the milti instances

Cheers Ken

Comment

Spud,

one last quick question for now. should all of the instances have the Kinect Id= line in the ini file because only the ones that i modified have them the rest do not should it be there??

Cheers Ken

Thanks for the awesome support

Comment

no you don't have to put the kinect_sensor_id= line for all the instances, it is needed only if several kinects are plugged into the same computer. If you have only one, the instance will pick this one by default.

I can't replicate anymore the bug that makes the id not written correctly to the ini. Now everything works fine on both chrome and firefox for me . So I'm back to square 1 on this issue...

Comment

Spud,

I'm not sure what the issue is either but I have multiple instances running on remote machines and they work great but I had to manually enter the kinect id's in the INI files and all was good.

I am finding that running the kinect remote plugin on a wireless connection is a little unreliable tho. I have one on a laptop that disconnects frequently and needs to be restarted but I think that is more of a wifi issue than it is an issue with the plugin

Cheers Ken

Comment

I had the same issue with the remote connection being a little bit unreliable. Try running one of the several programs that will run a .bat file as a Windows service. That worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X