Connected Speaker Clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I wonder if it would help to keep HS from loading a speaker client on the HS server, since it is not being used.
    Good news, stopping HS from loading the speaker client appears to work. That said, I have not yet rebooted the pc to do the final test but previously when I unplugged the headphones I lost TTS and now I don't.

Comment

After many trials, I am confused and would really like to get TTS working.
      Just to verify, I do NOT need a physical cable from the headphone jack of my HS3 to my SONOS correct?

When I run this event, the music playing mutes for a moment while the TTS should be flowing. Instead I capture this in the logs:

Warning File does not exist: /home/HomeSeer/html/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_TTS_0.wav

Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368 (Linux)
      running on a raspberry pi

I've tried $SONOS$TTS$:* in addition to what you see in the screen shot.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by floydian View Post
        After many trials, I am confused and would really like to get TTS working.
        Just to verify, I do NOT need a physical cable from the headphone jack of my HS3 to my SONOS correct?

When I run this event, the music playing mutes for a moment while the TTS should be flowing. Instead I capture this in the logs:

Warning File does not exist: /home/HomeSeer/html/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_TTS_0.wav

Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368 (Linux)
        running on a raspberry pi

I've tried $SONOS$TTS$:* in addition to what you see in the screen shot.
        No you do not need a cable.

Did you install flite or make changes to the speak_to_file.sh file? See posting #10 or other in this posting https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ht=sonos+flite

Dirk

Comment

followed that other thread. It turns out I simply needed to install flite. Then I spent about a half hour playing with the really lame voice. Thanks for sending me int he right direction.

How was I supposed to know that I needed flight installed? Am I missing some documentation?

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
          X