Apple Radio Station Messes Up PI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Radio Station Messes Up PI

Having trouble when playing an Apple Music radio station.

Once I select an Apple Radio station in the native Sonos App and start playing it the active player devices stop updating in HS, and even if I switch to something else that normally works fine, the player devices still don't work right. The devices think the player is stopped when it's playing, the current track info isn't updating, all that kind of stuff.

The player eventually seems to come back if I don't play Apple Radio, only stuff I know works, but sometimes I need to restart the player to get it back to working normally.

Attached are two debug log files, hopefully there's a clue in there somewhere.

The first file is me switching to an Apple Music station and playing, the second is switching back to something that plays normally (Sonos Playlist using Apple Music source) and being ignored.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by grtaylor; August 16, 2017, 10:41 AM.

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
    Having trouble when playing an Apple Music radio station.

Once I select an Apple Radio station in the native Sonos App and start playing it the active player devices stop updating in HS, and even if I switch to something else that normally works fine, the player devices still don't work right. The devices think the player is stopped when it's playing, the current track info isn't updating, all that kind of stuff.

The player eventually seems to come back if I don't play Apple Radio, only stuff I know works, but sometimes I need to restart the player to get it back to working normally.

Attached are two debug log files, hopefully there's a clue in there somewhere.

The first file is me switching to an Apple Music station and playing, the second is switching back to something that plays normally (Sonos Playlist using Apple Music source) and being ignored.
    Which version of the PI are you running, which OS?

Comment

Sorry, should have included that.

Current Date/Time: 8/16/2017 2:14:51 PM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.318
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - Work Station
      System Uptime: 0 Days 19 Hours 16 Minutes 44 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.1.224
      Number of Devices: 688
      Number of Events: 96
      Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.47.0: BLBackup
      2.0.8.0: BLEmail
      3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
      3.0.0.47: ISYInsteon
      1.0.0.5: Restart
      3.1.0.20: Sonos
      3.0.6370.28796: UltraM1G3
      3.0.0.73: weatherXML

Comment

Are you running a beta SW version on your player?

The event comes in but there is some inconsistency between its header showing content-length and the actual content length. The PI receives the data but is told there is more and nothing more is coming, hence it sits there waiting until it times out. This sort of explains why after you move away from Apple music it sometimes (or always) takes a little before all works again.

Dirk

Here is the example in case you want to post it on a Sonos site

Here is the header indicating length of 5731 bytes. The content below is only 4339 bytes.

NOTIFY /RINCON_949F3E1AD3CE01400_MR/urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransport HTTP/1.1 HOST: 192.168.1.224:53712 CONNECTION: close CONTENT-TYPE: text/xml CONTENT-LENGTH: 5731 NT: upnp:event NTS: upnpropchange SID: uuid:RINCON_949F3E1AD3CE01400_sub0000000063 SEQ: 9

<Event xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/AVT/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/"><InstanceID val="0"><TransportState val="PLAYING"/><CurrentPlayMode val="NORMAL"/><CurrentCrossfadeMode val="0"/><NumberOfTracks val="65"/><CurrentTrack val="3"/><CurrentSection val="0"/><CurrentTrackURI val="x-sonos-http:librarytrack%3aa.1193701392.mp4?sid=204&amp;flags=8224& amp;sn=5"/><CurrentTrackDuration val="0:03:53"/><CurrentTrackMetaData val="&lt;DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc=&quot;http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/&quot;http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/&quot;http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/&quot; xmlns:upnp=&quot;urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/&quot; xmlns:r=&quot;urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/&quot; xmlns=&quot;urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/&quot;&gt;&lt;item id=&quot;SQ:31&quot; parentID=&quot;SQ:&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Ed Sheeran Essentials&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container.playlistConta iner&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;desc id=&quot;cdudn&quot; nameSpace=&quot;urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/&quot;&gt;RINCON_AssociatedZPUDN&lt;/desc&gt;&lt;/item&gt;&lt;/DIDL-Lite&gt;"/><PlaybackStorageMedium val="NETWORK"/><AVTransportURI val="x-rincon-queue:RINCON_949F3E1AD3CE01400#0"/><AVTransportURIMetaData val=""/><NextAVTransportURI val=""/><NextAVTransportURIMetaData val=""/><CurrentTransportActions val="Set, Stop, Pause, Play, X_DLNA_SeekTime, Next, Previous, X_DLNA_SeekTrackNr"/><r:CurrentValidPlayModes val="SHUFFLE,REPEAT,REPEATONE,CROSSFADE"/><r:MuseSessions val=""/><rirectControlClientID val=""/><rirectControlIsSuspended val="0"/><rirectControlAccountID val=""/><TransportStatus val="OK"/><r:SleepTimerGeneration val="0"/><r:AlarmRunning val="0"/><r:SnoozeRunning val="0"/><r:RestartPending val="0"/><TransportPlaySpeed val="NOT_IMPLEMENTED"/><CurrentMediaDuration val="NOT_IMPLEMENTED"/><RecordStorageMedium val="NOT_IMPLEMENTED"/><PossiblePlaybackStorageMedia val="NONE, NETWORK"/><PossibleRecordStorageMedia val="NOT_IMPLEMENTED"/><RecordMediumWriteStatus val="NOT_IMPLEMENTED"/><CurrentRecordQualityMode val="NOT_IMPLEMENTED"/><PossibleRecordQualityModes val="NOT_IMPLEMENTED"/></InstanceID></Event>

Comment

Thanks Dirk, no beta versions here.

The example there, where it looks like it was playing Ed Sheeran Essentials - works fine as it happens. It was the attempts to play The 90's radio that caused the issue. Not sure if you were just using an example there or not.

So if this is a Sonos issue. How likely are they to care, given their own app works just fine as it is....?

Comment

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
            So this is a Sonos issue.
            .... as far as I can tell. Wonder if others can chime in that use Apple Music and whether they have issues.

Usually when events are missing, I tell people to double check firewall settings, but here is looks to be a issue with Sonos. Maybe also why restarting the player "cures" it.

Are you on the latest released SW?

Dirk

Comment

It appears I am, app reports Version: 7.3 (build 36442130) and there are no newer versions offered when I check.

I'll try disabling Windows firewall in case that's interfering in any way, but seems like a long shot given it otherwise is working great.

Comment

Disabling the FW had no immediate effect. Sometimes it works and updates the track played, albeit after a long delay, other times it doesn't and just doesn't reflect what the player is doing or playing correctly.

Comment

Working...
                X