No announcement yet.

SonosController Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible at all to get a % of the track progress at all? I'm trying to work out how to show progress on a slider in HSTouch and not having much luck!

If there's another easier/better way, I'm all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by XeKToReX View Post
      Is it possible at all to get a % of the track progress at all? I'm trying to work out how to show progress on a slider in HSTouch and not having much luck!

If there's another easier/better way, I'm all ears.
      Each time a track changes, I set the max value of the slider to the track length in seconds and than update the slider with the track position in seconds. In the config page you can chose to display in seconds integer format or time hh:mm:ss format.

Might not be possible with HSTouch tough

Dirk

Comment

How did I miss this!? Sorry for the dumb question..

It would be awesome if we could have both HH:MM:SS and % of the Track position, I'd like to be able to display the current position in HH:MM:SS and then use the % for my slider, is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by XeKToReX View Post
          How did I miss this!? Sorry for the dumb question..

It would be awesome if we could have both HH:MM:SS and % of the Track position, I'd like to be able to display the current position in HH:MM:SS and then use the % for my slider, is that possible?
          nope, one or the other but you could do a script perhaps and create a virtual device that converts for you, one into the other and then use it on your HST screen.

Dirk

Comment

Hello Dirk

You've stated previously that the MediaAPI would not work for multiple instances, so you gave up on it. Does this news revive the possibilities?

Thanks,
            Mark
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
              Hello Dirk

You've stated previously that the MediaAPI would not work for multiple instances, so you gave up on it. Does this news revive the possibilities?

Thanks,
              Mark
              Not sure, I doubt it, but will try again. I think they are talking about running multiple instances of the same plugin, whereas what I have is a SINGLE plugin which has multiple instance (inside) them aka SingleExeMultipleInstance plugin

Dirk

Comment

Playbar - Surround and Sub volume

I would like to control the surround and sub volume of my Playbar+sub+surround setup.
                These controls are available somewhere deeply in the Android application and I wish I could have them available in HSTouch.
                There could be something weird about these, as they are also not available for the Logitech Harmony for Sonos, but I hope you can do it.
                This also applies to Speech-Enhancement and Night-mode controls that would be nice to have in the Sonos Actions.
                Thanks for this great plugin
                Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

I just upgraded the plugin to 3.0.0.21 and plugin on my Windows 10 HS3 system. Update failed with the message
                  "Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_Sonos.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070422 The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422)"

The only google hit on 80070422 for Sonos is that this is the SSDP service failing to start. I have confirmed via Services that the SSDP service is running.
                  Registry key E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02 is for the uPNP service.

Version 3.0.0.20 of the plugin was working fine.

Is there anyway to get back version 3.0.0.20 in the short term. Any ideas why the uPNP service might suddenly fail? Note the Windows 10 cummulative patch was applied at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by awhitton View Post
                    I just upgraded the plugin to 3.0.0.21 and plugin on my Windows 10 HS3 system. Update failed with the message
                    "Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_Sonos.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070422 The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422)"

The only google hit on 80070422 for Sonos is that this is the SSDP service failing to start. I have confirmed via Services that the SSDP service is running.
                    Registry key E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02 is for the uPNP service.

Version 3.0.0.20 of the plugin was working fine.

Is there anyway to get back version 3.0.0.20 in the short term. Any ideas why the uPNP service might suddenly fail? Note the Windows 10 cummulative patch was applied at the same time.
                    Go to the beta section and get 3.1.0.20. Dirk said the 3.0.0.XX versions are going to be retired. 3.1.0.20 is working very well here.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

3.1.0.21 resolved

Thanks. Reverting back to 3.1.0.20 from the beta area worked very well indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by awhitton View Post
                        Thanks. Reverting back to 3.1.0.20 from the beta area worked very well indeed.
                        Ah that explains a lot. You didn't upgrade from 3.0.0.20 , you actually downgraded from 3.1.0.20. Reason it worked is because version 3.1.x.x. is not dependent on the Windows SSDP/UPNP because it has its own. Let me guess, you are running this on Windows server.
                        Dirk

Comment

I put this in another thread, not realizing there was an official feature request thread.

I need some way of determining that a TTS announcement has ended. Ideally I would like to have Sonos Trigger or Condition when a TTS announcement is active. Triggers would be "Sonos Announcement begins" and "Sonos Announcement ends". The Conditions would be "Sonos Announcement Active" or "Sonos Announcement Not Active".

Alternately if there are some hooks into the plug-in that could control a virtual device when TTS is active. This would save a lot of event logic that I have to employ now.

The main thing I need is some way of knowing when the plug-in has ended a TTS announcement. I know when they start since I am starting them, but I need some way of knowing the announcement has ended so I can reset any speaker switching I have done. I have a number of SONOS:CONNECT AMPs and some specialized switching that can feed these to different speaker systems. I need to set the switching at the beginning of an announcement , then return it after the announcement. Right now I use an event controlling a virtual device that is about 98% effective, but it can become confused under rare circumstances.

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	1
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	1191990

I would like to have some way of knowing that the plug-in is not attempting an announcement.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Pause All. It would be great to be able Pause All Sonos players in an event.

IF (Some chosen condition)

THEN > Sonos Action > Pause All

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X