www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer X10 Plug-in

Old October 12th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Seer Master

Pete, thanks for digging into this!

Yes, HS3 Pro Linux includes the mochad directory and files. Looking at the source code I see that the CM15a plugin checks at Init() if mochad is in /usr/local/bin, and if not it copies mochad to /usr/local/bin/ and copies 91-usb-x10-controllers.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d/. Systemd is not referenced in the source code and the original .rules file appears to just run mochad directly when the CM15a is plugged in.

Later, the plugin checks whether mochad is running and if not launches it.

concordseer, I am glad you were able to get mochad v.17 working! I'll work to get that build into a future release of the CM15a plugin and see if there is a better way to handle the 'install' of mochad. Thanks for your patience.

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling
Old October 13th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Seer Deluxe

Mark, so far so good with Mochad 0.1.17.

Just came across this GitHub from a chap called Neil Cherry. He's testing IPV6 tables (which may be of use to some) so its now at Mochad 0.1.18

https://github.com/linuxha/mochad

As far as I can see the CM15 was "hacked" to extract some form of working solution for Linux. Still a bit unknown of its inner workings from what I read but certainly a work in progress.

I still have a fair bit of X10 equipment at my disposal , some dating back quite a few years and still in good working order, and it fits in nicely with HS3 (once its working of course).

I wonder how long the current crop of controllers will last operating 24/7. Built in obsolescence is the key to manufacturing processes these days
Old October 14th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Seer Master

Great that v17 is working for you, thanks for making the effort to figure it out! Let me know if you decide to try v18. IPv6 is likely not an issue when using mochad with HS, but maybe good to keep it current.

Most of my HA system is X10 with devices that have been running for more than 30 years which still work just fine. Of course those were built at a time when manufacturers had pride in their work and designed products to "last forever." Sad that those days are gone.
Old October 16th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Seer Deluxe

Just did a fresh install similar to the one I carried out when I installed Mochad 0.1.17. This time I used a CM11 instead of a CM15. The difference with the installation was amazing. So straightforward. I now have the choice of which x10 controller to use now.

Sticking with x10 for the foreseeable future. If I do decide to upgrade to Mochad 0.1.18 I'll post the results here.

Thanks for you help Mark.
Old October 17th, 2017, 01:10 AM
Seer Master

Great, glad that the X10 plugin for the CM11a/Ti103 hardware went smoothly. Of course these simply use a serial port while the CM15a is USB and requires the AH driver under Windows (very limited) or mochad under Linux, so more complicated!