Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I added an option to create a HomeSeer device for tomorrow's "high", "low" and "short-prediction" for each of the 5 WeatherBug stations. I have the update packaged and ready for the HomeSeer updater. I am just waiting for Rick to get it added ...

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

In trying to use the device in an event conditional trigger, it does not work as I expected. For example, I tried to use current temperature as a device condition trigger, but it shows as having a value of 0 (zero). This is different than how the other Devices show in that same situation.

See the first example provided. It says "Current value is 0". The second example (HSM100 Temperature device) shows "Current value is 7740". Please ignore the Condition "Is On" - I forgot to change it to Condition "Value is within the range" - but this does not change the Current value.

I checked all the UltraWeatherBug Devices and they show the same way. I don't know if this is as designed or a bug. If as designed, is there an easy way around this?

Thanks for the help!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Ultra,

I just started see the following errors.

10/22/2009 7:49:52 AM UltraWeatherBug Warning Date difference is 0

10/22/2009 8:19:52 AM UltraWeatherBug Warning Date difference is 1

10/22/2009 8:49:52 AM UltraWeatherBug Warning Date difference is 1

10/22/2009 9:19:52 AM UltraWeatherBug Warning Date difference is 2

Any idea?

Judd

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          The device string and device value do not hold the same values. You are correct, the device string would hold the temperature icon along with 57 °F. However, the device value will only contain the numeric value 57. The device value is what you should use to do temperature calculations in your scripts.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
            Ultra,

I just started see the following errors.

10/22/2009 7:49:52 AM UltraWeatherBug Warning Date difference is 0

10/22/2009 8:19:52 AM UltraWeatherBug Warning Date difference is 1

10/22/2009 8:49:52 AM UltraWeatherBug Warning Date difference is 1

10/22/2009 9:19:52 AM UltraWeatherBug Warning Date difference is 2

Any idea?

Judd
            This is debug I accidentally left enabled in the ClearExpiredWeatherAlerts routine. I fixed this in the next release.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

This issue has been identified and fixed. The update is available from the HomeSeer updater ...
              Last edited by Ultrajones; October 22, 2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                In trying to use the device in an event conditional trigger, it does not work as I expected. For example, I tried to use current temperature as a device condition trigger, but it shows as having a value of 0 (zero). This is different than how the other Devices show in that same situation.

See the first example provided. It says "Current value is 0". The second example (HSM100 Temperature device) shows "Current value is 7740". Please ignore the Condition "Is On" - I forgot to change it to Condition "Value is within the range" - but this does not change the Current value.

I checked all the UltraWeatherBug Devices and they show the same way. I don't know if this is as designed or a bug. If as designed, is there an easy way around this?

Thanks for the help!!
                This was a bug and has been fixed in the version available via the HomeSeer updater.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

This issue has been identified and fixed. The update is available from the HomeSeer updater ...
                  Thanks Ultrajones,

Confirmed Fixed..

Comment

Config page fails

Just downloaded (and purchased) your plugin and I can't get to the configure screen. I have installed it, rebooted, uninstalled it, rebooted, installed it and still can't get the page to load. The error message is below:

System.MissingMemberException: Public member 'WEBUserRolesAuthorized' on type 'MarshalByRefObject' not found. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.Get Members(String& MemberName, Boolean ReportErrors) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGe t(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack) at ASP.hspi_ultraweatherbug_hspi_ultraweatherbug_aspx.Page_Load (Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\program files\homeseer 2\html\hspi_ultraweatherbug\hspi_ultraweatherbug.aspx:line 102

Here's my system info:

Current Date/Time: 10/28/2009 9:39:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
                    HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.3.0.86 (Service)
                    HomeSeer: Is Registered
                    HomeSeer Localization: English (United States)
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Work Station
                    OS Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack: 3.0

Any ideas?

Gary

Comment

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble installing the plug-in. HomeSeer has a terrible time properly installing plug-ins using ASPX web pages when run as a service. Do you know how to temporarily switch to a non-service to install the plug-in?

If not, try stopping the service, then manually downloading the following file, unzip it, then manually run the setup.exe, then restart the Homeseer service.

http://www.automatedhomeonline.com/H...3582.28422.zip

Please let me know if that method works ...

[EDIT] Fixed download link ...

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Just downloaded the plugin. Works great! One question though.... Is there any way to have forecast high and low temperatures for today as devices? I see how to get them for tomorrow, but it would be nice to have homeseer speak the forecast high and low for today when I wake up in the morning. It seems like the high temperature for today is not a forecast but rather what the temperature has reached thusfar....Thanks!

Comment

Config Page not working

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble installing the plug-in. HomeSeer has a terrible time properly installing plug-ins using ASPX web pages when run as a service. Do you know how to temporarily switch to a non-service to install the plug-in?

If not, try stopping the service, then manually downloading the following file, unzip it, then manually run the setup.exe, then restart the Homeseer service.

http://www.automatedhomeonline.com/H...3582.28422.zip

Please let me know if that method works ...

[EDIT] Fixed download link ...

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          Hi Ultra,

Just now getting back to this problem. I messed up and updated to the latest version thinking that might work, but it didn't. When I downloaded the file above it wouldn't work because of a later version being installed.

Can you provide a link to the current version so I can download it?

One other thing, do I need to un-install the old one first?

Thanks, Gary

Comment

Config Page not working

Originally posted by gnichols View Post
                            Hi Ultra,

Just now getting back to this problem. I messed up and updated to the latest version thinking that might work, but it didn't. When I downloaded the file above it wouldn't work because of a later version being installed.

Can you provide a link to the current version so I can download it?

One other thing, do I need to un-install the old one first?

Thanks, Gary
                            Still out there anywhere?
                            Gary

Comment

UltraWeatherBUG v. WeatherPLUG

Hi all,

I've been using the WeatherPLUG plugin for a couple years now and was wondering what advantages UltraWeatherBUG offers. Does anyone have experience with both? So far, UltraWeatherBUG looks prettier but that alone isn't worth the effort required to switch and reconfigure my existing scripts. From the posts I've read it looks like UltraWeatherBUG includes forecast information (whereas WeatherPLUG does not) but forcast info can't be scripted (yet). Once forcast devices can be added in HS and scripted, I could see that as one major advantage... are there any others? How does performance compare?
                              Last edited by IKUS; January 2, 2010, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Performance is better, it just being a .net plug-in as opposed to the ocx that weatherplug is was enough for me to switch over. There were things in weatherplug that never worked, like the alternate weather station, for those times when your closest station was down. While it's not in this version yet Ultra has said he would add it.

Being a HSTouch user I never see the aspx pages and while they are nicer than weatherplug's it didn't matter to me since I'll never see them. I was more concerned that it had the devices so I'm able to show info in HSTouch, and it does.

I also don't use the live or forecast screens as that info is also directly available in HSTouch using the RSS feeds.

All in all, for the price point it's a fine replacement for WeatherPlug, especially since Dale has said he no longer has the time to update WeatherPlug.
                                Marty
                                ------
                                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                                Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X