No announcement yet.

SonosController Plugin General Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, now I see you mention upgrading the plug-in....d'oh....give me a few minutes and I'll test with the latest.

Comment

Well, not a huge success with 0.34, now it doesn't switch to the line in source at all. Here's the log

11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Test Sonos TTS using standard speech"
      11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = This is another test, Wait=True, Host = $SONOS$TTS$HOMECONTROLPCEFAULT
      11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - SpeakerProxy activated with HostName = HOMECONTROLPCEFAULT Text = This is another test and LinkgroupName = TTS
      11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - HandleLinking called with LinkgroupName = TTS and OnEvent = True
      11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - HandleLinking done with LinkgroupName = TTS and OnEvent = True
      11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - TTS - Speak: (HOMECONTROLPCEFAULT):This is another test
      11/4/2010 2:59:01 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - HandleLinking called with LinkgroupName = TTS and OnEvent = False
      11/4/2010 2:59:01 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - HandleLinking done with LinkgroupName = TTS and OnEvent = False

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite8314 View Post
        Well, not a huge success with 0.34, now it doesn't switch to the line in source at all. Here's the log

11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Test Sonos TTS using standard speech"
        11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = This is another test, Wait=True, Host = $SONOS$TTS$HOMECONTROLPCEFAULT
        11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - SpeakerProxy activated with HostName = HOMECONTROLPCEFAULT Text = This is another test and LinkgroupName = TTS
        11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - HandleLinking called with LinkgroupName = TTS and OnEvent = True
        11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - HandleLinking done with LinkgroupName = TTS and OnEvent = True
        11/4/2010 2:59:00 PM - TTS - Speak: (HOMECONTROLPCEFAULT):This is another test
        11/4/2010 2:59:01 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - HandleLinking called with LinkgroupName = TTS and OnEvent = False
        11/4/2010 2:59:01 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - HandleLinking done with LinkgroupName = TTS and OnEvent = False

OK, time for "Plan B". Can you turn the debug flag on and go through your sequence and perhaps just email me (dirk@famcorsus.com) the result because it could be quite extensive and not sure we want to burden this thread with it.

Another thing to try, is to link/unkink for "music". If you put a ";" behind your Sourcelinkgroupname than the plug-in won't switch to audio-input but just streams whatever is playing on the source zone to all the destination zones. The reason I would like you to try it has to with how I implemented the two. A while back I was obsessed about the time it took to switch back and forth and I removed any command that deemed unnecessary (like saving queue, send play etc) because from my testing, when I switch a zone to another zone's audio-input, the sonos players maintain their queue information so I can switch back and forth pretty efficiently. This is not true in the "link for music case", here the plug-in stores everything and restores everything. Would be interesting to know whether that scenario works fine which could indicate that I over optimized a bit for TTS

Maybe one more question: do all the zones exhibit the same "lost after TTS off" or some do and some don't? I wonder whether I missed something during testing.

My Sirius account ran out after 30 days of trial so I may have to sign up but hope we can figure it out from your traces.

Thanks for your help and sorry to read that you're struggling

Dirk

Comment

Linking to the music source for the Master Bedroom zone as opposed to TTS didn't seem to make any difference. I'll now set the debug flag and send the results via email.

Don't worry about the snags, being the tester is way easier than being the developer :-)

Comment

Linking to the music source for the Master Bedroom zone as opposed to TTS didn't seem to make any difference. I'll now set the debug flag and send the results via email.

Don't worry about the snags, being the tester is way easier than being the developer :-)

By the way, did you remove the extra blanks from your ini file? Just want to rule out everything. These are the blanks before after the "=" character in your Linkgroup items

Dirk

Comment

It works!

Just wanted to publicly say thanks to Dirk for all the support over the past couple of days, the plug-in is now working perfectly for me

Comment

Just wanted to publicly say thanks to Dirk for all the support over the past couple of days, the plug-in is now working perfectly for me
                Well thank YOU Peter for pointing out a few bugs and figuring out what the deal was with XP's settings vis-a-vis UPNP. The info will go straight into the help file and I'm sure others will benefit from it.

For those who are using this forum for information. In this case ( a Windows XP PC), everything appeared to work (ignoring the bugs ) except, no real-time updates were happening. The plug-in could perfectly communicate with the players but updates from the player (like start/stop/pause/track playing/volume changes ....) were not reaching the plug-in.

This article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886257) describes what to do and Peter followed it step by step and got his configuration to work.

Dirk

Comment

Crashing HS2 after install

Help. This PI seems to be just what I was looking for. However, when I stall 35 on HS2 2.4.0.66, it does not automatically enable, and as soon as I do enable it, it crashes Homeseer and I have to reinstall.

Anybody else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong in the install. I only see the two files: Setup and Install plug-in. Are there files I'm supposed to be putting in but am not or perhaps it is conflicting with my old Sonos Init?

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by cbarner View Post
                    Help. This PI seems to be just what I was looking for. However, when I stall 35 on HS2 2.4.0.66, it does not automatically enable, and as soon as I do enable it, it crashes Homeseer and I have to reinstall.

Anybody else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong in the install. I only see the two files: Setup and Install plug-in. Are there files I'm supposed to be putting in but am not or perhaps it is conflicting with my old Sonos Init?

Christian
                    Hi Christian,

to bad to read about your struggles. This is the first time I read or have heard about the PI crashing HS. Just to start from a clean slate, go to the windows systems page and uninstall any previous versions of this plug-in and then run the setup. At the end of the set-up the installer asks if you want to enable the PI, just leave it clicked ON. When you now restart HS, it should create everything properly. If you even want to be "safer", after the first step (the uninstall) make sure the subdirectory under HS root \html named SonosController is deleted. This will delete any old setting.

Now going through the checklist, which Windows version are you running? Is the PC up to date in .NET framework, it should have (at least) version 2 with latest SP and patches. Is the sentry on? Any other plug-ins that might conflict. If you have XP, check in the HS setup page whether HS is discoverable via UPNP. For whatever reason, I've seen some strange behavior on my XP machine (only XP, Vista / W7 seem fine) , sometimes errors but no bad behavior but I still don't trust it too much.

If we start sending lot's of stuff back and forth, suggest you email me in private at dirk@famcorsus.com. I will be out for the next 2~3 hours but on-line this afternoon.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

Many thanks for your earlier emails, we have now got the link all to work just as you described.

One minor niggle; every time we restart our HomeTroller (even with a save to C: drive) the Sonos plugin reverts to "trial" and we have to re-register with the password. This has become a bit annoying after about the 6th time!!

Anyway thank for this plugin which has allowed me to link my alarm system to Sonos.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Lankester View Post
                        Dirk,

Many thanks for your earlier emails, we have now got the link all to work just as you described.

One minor niggle; every time we restart our HomeTroller (even with a save to C: drive) the Sonos plugin reverts to "trial" and we have to re-register with the password. This has become a bit annoying after about the 6th time!!

Anyway thank for this plugin which has allowed me to link my alarm system to Sonos.
                        I'm going to have to forward this question to the HS team. Plug-ins don't really do anything wrt licenses, but it could be that my installer is doing something wrong. Did you google for any other postings on similar problem?

Dirk

Comment

One minor niggle; every time we restart our HomeTroller (even with a save to C: drive) the Sonos plugin reverts to "trial" and we have to re-register with the password. This has become a bit annoying after about the 6th time!!.
                          Toby, I received an email from Rich Helmke advising you to "Make sure he is using hsprotect to save changes after he enters the license"

Hope this helps

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

Thanks for looking into this for me.

"Make sure he is using hsprotect to save changes after he enters the license" that is what I meant by "(even with a save to C: drive)" but I will check again just to be sure.

Whilst posting a quick question; can I use the plugin to trigger an X10 event based on a Sonos alarm? - That is, can I get my 06:00 Sonos alarm to be "seen" by my HomeTroller and then have the HomeTroller turn on a light via X10?

Thanks again for this plugin!

Comment

can I use the plugin to trigger an X10 event based on a Sonos alarm? - That is, can I get my 06:00 Sonos alarm to be "seen" by my HomeTroller and then have the HomeTroller turn on a light via X10?
                              The plug-in support generating triggers on song change/play/pause/stop, I don't think the alarm would trigger anything, unless the Sonos player would generate an event through its "transport change" callback.

I was anticipating at one point questions about alarming capabilities so last weekend I began coding up the alarm callback function ...... I just quite couldn't convince myself what would be useful for using the alarming on the Sonos as you can use the HomeSeer system to create triggers and actions.

Your question about using the Sonos to set the alarm (rather than HS) but have the alarm do something answered my question. I'll have a look at it, probably over the weekend, might in fact be easy to just generate triggers that you can use to generate actions in HS such as turn a light on/off via z-wave or X10

I'm going to add the request to my feature request page and thanks for the suggestion

Dirk

Comment

First off looking good have a few problems

1) error in my log and keep losing this zone player no problem in sonos control or desktop app but for some reason your plugin keeps reseting this zone and error shows

11/9/2010 5:21:24 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Disconnect: ERROR: Issue Disconnecting. ZonePlayer - Family Room Error = System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. at UPNPLib.IUPnPDeviceFinder.CancelAsyncFind(Int32 lFindData) at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.ZonePlayerController.Disconnect()
                                11/9/2010 5:21:24 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Disconnect: ERROR: Issue Disconnecting. ZonePlayer - Family Room Error = System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. at UPNPLib.IUPnPDeviceFinder.CancelAsyncFind(Int32 lFindData) at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.ZonePlayerController.Disconnect()

11/9/2010 5:34:38 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR in myDeviceFinderCallback_SearchOperationCompleted for Family Room. Call back w/ wrong Device pointer. Expected = 519142016 <> 519204104

2) the asp page provided does not show the art for music playing for some reason have not had the time to look into the code but all that displays is a cd case info does display in the upper window and it is correct .

Looking forward to see your updates looking like you have a new cust.

Regards

Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X