SonosController Plugin General Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chewie View Post
    OK, so just to be sure I uninstalled the plug in and then restarted Homeseer under my account. I then ran the updater an dput 1.0.47 back on and then restarted homeseer again. All the files appear to show up correctly at c:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HSPRO\ except that I do not find an ini file anywhere. I see the HSPI_sonoscontroller.dll get registered at startup of Homeseer and the InstallDir registry key is showing the proper path at
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\HomeSeer Technologies\HomeSeer 2\Installdir

But in the Homeseer interface I see nothing about the Sonos plugin anywhere, its not listed under Interfaces and its not listed in the Plug-Ins page.

I will try installing some other plug-ins shortly and let you know how those go.
    The SonosController .ini file will be where all ini files are which is the <hsroot directory>\config directory. So if the plug-in is registered than we are on the right track, it means the installer copied it in the right directory. You may have to go to the SETUP|Interfaces page to "Enable" the plug-in. Once enabled you should see at least one device for the UPNP master and then 2 devices per zone that are reachable.

If you have the plug-in enabled but still nothing shows up, right underneath the "Enable" button on the Setup|interfaces screen for the Sonoscontroller plug-in, you see a "Config" button, click that, set debug flag on, save it, restart HS and send me the log.

Forgot to ask the obvious, are there any errors in your log when you restart HS?

Let me know how it went

Dirk

Comment

That is the issue, the Sonos Controller does not show up at all on the SETUP|Interfaces page. Also when I look in my hsroot\config directory I do not see a sonoscontroller.ini file.

Also, no my homeseer log is all but empty.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
        That is the issue, the Sonos Controller does not show up at all on the SETUP|Interfaces page. Also when I look in my hsroot\config directory I do not see a sonoscontroller.ini file.

Also, no my homeseer log is all but empty.
        The Sonoscontroller.ini file is created when the plug-in gets activated so in your case it seems that the plug-in gets registered ( which means HS found it) for some mysterious reason, it doesn't show up in the plug-in list, that's very odd. You said NO ERRORS in the start-up log when you restart HS and you let it run until everything is initialized? At this point I'm a bit at a loss. Have you browsed the HomeSeer forum for a similar issue? Try it with another plug-in and see how that goes. Are any plug-ins showing up in that list? Maybe a screenshot of the plug-in list?

Dirk

Comment

I'm trying to link and unlink TTS groups from a script in homeseer but can't figure out how.

in the help file, I found this:

If your speech is generated for example by another script, you will have to setup the actions in a different way. There are 4 distinct steps:

1. Generate an action to Link your zones for TTS
          2. Run a script that waits until the plug-in has linked the zones. This script is provided with the Sonoscontroller install and is called “SonosTTSWait” and can be found in the <HS Root>\Scripts subdirectory
          3. Do your thing here, call whatever scripts you have to call that generate speech. Make sure you always click the “Wait for script to finish” flag.
          4. Generate an action to Unlink your zones for TTS.
          Items 1 and 4 are where I block. The only way I found to link and unlink is by using the link buttons on the status page or the speak proxy function. However, the speak proxy is only temporary and then returns the settings to their initial state afterward.

Also, I didn't see any API function to link and unlink...

So, how do I link to a TTS group from code ?

Comment

Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
            I'm trying to link and unlink TTS groups from a script in homeseer but can't figure out how.

in the help file, I found this:

Items 1 and 4 are where I block. The only way I found to link and unlink is by using the link buttons on the status page or the speak proxy function. However, the speak proxy is only temporary and then returns the settings to their initial state afterward.

Also, I didn't see any API function to link and unlink...

So, how do I link to a TTS group from code ?
            Hi there,

could you perhaps describe what you want to do. Is it sending an announcement to a group or just group / ungroup. Secondly, are you trying to do this from a script or is the help file unclear and you concluded you need a script?

If it is just a simple announcement, saying something:
            - set the proxy flag in the config page
            - create your linkgroup and set TTS flag
            - and save it
            - create an event and in the action page, select "Speak"
            - click on "Switch to Advanced View" (Top right corner of screen)
            - write your text in the text box
            - select "wait for speech to finish"
            - Enter the speaker client (which you can find at the bottom of the setup page under Host:Instance) pre-pended with the $SONOS$xxxx$ prefix, where xxxx is the name of the linkgroup you created
            - save it

If you want, you can call this event from any script if that is the plan and that should be all for simple announcements.

If you you want to link groups:
            - create your linkgroup and DON'T set TTS flag
            - and save it

You can now generate an action for this button from any script when you want to turn the link group on, or generate an action for the off button, whenever you're done.

The example you quote is a more specific and complicated case, where a user wants to call a script, that generates the text (BLRANDOM for example), rather than just simple text. Because the script that was generating the actual speech (BLRandom) wasn't waiting until it completed, the zones were getting unlinked before the speech complete, therefore this particular way.

If you don't like to create events and you want to do everything from a larger script that you use, the steps are very similar:

- No need to set the proxy flag in the config page
            - create your linkgroup and set TTS flag if you plan to stream something from the input port or NOT set TTS if you just want to link zones
            - and save it
            - from you script call HS to generate event for the Link button
            - do from your script what you wanted to do, which could be calling HS.Speak or call some spefic track or playlist
            - When done, call from your script an event to generate button event to unlink

Does that make sense?

Dirk

Comment

Thank you for your answer Dirk.

However, I think it's one of those situations where I dont see the forest because the trees obstructs my vision ...

I'm OK with creating the groups, but more to the point : how do I generate a script action to activate the link and unlink buttons for these groups ?

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
              Hi there,
              You can now generate an action for this button from any script when you want to turn the link group on, or generate an action for the off button, whenever you're done.
              Dirk
              Last edited by fran_joel; December 20, 2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I'm OK with creating the groups, but more to the point : how do I generate a script action to activate the link and unlink buttons for these groups ?
                hmm, I see your point now that I dug up my HS script info, you can easily generate events for a device with status on/off but when the device has multiple buttons things get a bit convoluted.

Here is how to do it:
                1. the example assumes the HS device code for the UPNP Master is ]1, so substitute with your device code
                2. you need to come up with a HS-button-number for the buttons you want to activate. The FIRST Link button has value 6, the FIRST unlink button has value 7. Example: if you created two link groups, first called TTS and second called PARTY, then you'll see a total of 4 new buttons under the UPNP Master device called
                  • Link-TTS Unlink-TTS
                  • Link-PARTY Unlink-PARTY

3. In this example Link-TTS has value 6, Unlink-TTS has value 7, Link-Party value 8, Unlink-Party value 9 and so on.

The script command to Link-TTS is now:
                &hs.ExecX10 "]1" , "Value set" , 6 , 0
                The script command to UnLink-TTS is now:
                &hs.ExecX10 "]1" , "Value set" , 7 , 0

I'll dig some more in the HS scripting documentation to see whether there is a command that can use the name of the button rather then the value. I'll have to add this to the user documentation. By the way, this principle goes for all the buttons

Dirk

Comment

Ok that's exactly what I was looking for.

May I suggest that you update the plugin documentation to reflect that ?

Thank you !

Comment

May I suggest that you update the plugin documentation to reflect that ?
                    Done in recent released v.049

Dirk.

Comment

Playlists and Music Database

My playlists and Music do not show up when I try to assign them in an event. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks,
                      Philip
                      pabbott@cpak.com

Comment

More info on problem

I can't see the libraries or playlists on the controller screens either in homeseer.

XP pro
                        Homeseer pro
                        NO firewall running on the homeseer box.

Thanks,
                        Philip
                        pabbott@cpak.com

Comment

Originally posted by pabbott@cpak.com View Post
                          My playlists and Music do not show up when I try to assign them in an event. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
                          Hi Philip, does anything show up when you follow the next steps:

1. select "sonoscontroller actions" under "Add Action"
                          2. select zone player under "Zone Player Name" (top right on page)

Once you select a zone player, the plug-in will pull up the information out of the MusicDB and your drop down lists should contain artists/playlists/albums etc.

Now you do need to create your MusicDB before you can do anything, you do that by clicking on the "BuildDB" button in the "status page".

If none of that works, check your log for errors.

Hope that helps and keep us informed on progress/issues

Dirk

Comment

Working thanks

It started working now....

Thanks for the help.

Philip
                            pabbott@cpak.com

Comment

Thanks and problem.

Hi Dirk,

Thanks again for making this plugin...IT's so much easier to deal with than the scripts. I've upgraded to the current .49 version. Trying to get the speaker client and TTS Groups working. When I press the add link group I get the following error in the log. Any ideas?

1/9/2011 10:56:41 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Error in Page load with error = Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                              Thanks again,
                              Philip

Comment

Thank you from me also.

After evaluating the plugin, I've decided to buy it. It's really useful...

Comment

Working...
                                X