SonosController Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
    Will be in the beta this weekend. Still trying to add all the zone configuration management to the Web setup screens.

Dirk
    Cool, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by w0012979 View Post
      I will explain the reason this way. Maybe there is another way to do it. We have a S5 on the kitchen countertop. For example if the phone rings we sometimes use the mute button on S5 to shut the radio off quickly without getting the remote. And because of this, it is sometimes left on mute. Once it is muted then I only way I know how to un-mute it with the plug-in is to use the all zones mute off action. Right now when I use just the Kitchen S5 for an announcement, I have to use the all zones mute off action. This would affect the other zone players if they were muted.

Deon
      Option to override mute for announcements was added in latest beta.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

select line-in inputs ?

Downloaded the plug-in just now and giving it a try. Seems to be working fine !

However, unless I am mistaken, I dont see any option allowing one to select line-inputs to feed the zone players.

Homeseer is obviously one such input but I have several other sources connected to various players and I use these sources to feed music to various Zone as I see fit.

I would very much like to specify which line-in input a specific players should play (beside homeseer TTS and stuff from the music library)

Comment

Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
          Downloaded the plug-in just now and giving it a try. Seems to be working fine !

However, unless I am mistaken, I dont see any option allowing one to select line-inputs to feed the zone players.

Homeseer is obviously one such input but I have several other sources connected to various players and I use these sources to feed music to various Zone as I see fit.

I would very much like to specify which line-in input a specific players should play (beside homeseer TTS and stuff from the music library)

Make sure I get it right, you would like to have a button or action item to "play from line-input" for the specified zone, right? Perhaps similar to the options (in web page and event/action screens) -- to select genres or radiostations -- one more option being "Line-input"

Dirk

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply Dirk !

Basically yes...

It could be a button included along with the "Genre", "Tracks", "Artists"... buttons that would be labeled "Line inputs" or something similar.

Pressing that button would then list all the available line inputs connected to the various zone players (including Homeseer) and allow the user to select which one any particular zone player should channel...
            (I think this is one of the best feature of Sonos actually : ie listen to any source, aywhere...)

Is that feasible ?

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply Dirk !

Basically yes...

It could be a button included along with the "Genre", "Tracks", "Artists"... buttons that would be labeled "Line inputs" or something similar.

Pressing that button would then list all the available line inputs connected to the various zone players (including Homeseer) and allow the user to select which one any particular zone player should channel...
              (I think this is one of the best feature of Sonos actually : ie listen to any source, aywhere...)

Is that feasible ?
              Shouldn't be too hard, check back here, with some luck, should be done by the weekend

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                Shouldn't be too hard, check back here, with some luck, should be done by the weekend

Dirk
                Awesome thank you... !

This feature would be very useful for me.

Comment

Just posted version .48 (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...45&postcount=1) which supports selecting Line Inputs. Please post if all looks OK.

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Will look into it, most probably tonight.

Thx.

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Sorry I didn't have the time to install your upgrade and play with it yet...

I'll report back once I had a chance to look at it.

Joel

Comment

I have a problem initializing the Sonos plugin when HS is running as a Service. When the computer restarts and starts HS service the sonos plugin fails to initialize. Then if I manualy restart only the HS service, the plugin initilizes corectly and I have to enable it. Does anybidy else experience the same behavior of the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Flame View Post
                          I have a problem initializing the Sonos plugin when HS is running as a Service. When the computer restarts and starts HS service the sonos plugin fails to initialize. Then if I manualy restart only the HS service, the plugin initilizes corectly and I have to enable it. Does anybidy else experience the same behavior of the plugin?
                          Flame, what version of plug-in and HS are you running? I used to run HS as a service, including the plug-in, but stopped doing that because I had issues with the speaker client. Is it possible to set the debug flag in the setup screen, save it, set HS as service, restart computer and send me the full HS log. Would be interested to see where it gets stuck. I'll try tonight here on my set-up as well. Any special firewall or antivirus SW activated on that PC or anything else that may prevent access to Ethernet at start-up?

edit: Just tested it on a Vista machine, see no issue w/ running as a service. Suggest you take debug log file.
                          second edit: just tested it on a win7 machine, see no issue running it as a service

Dirk
                          Last edited by dcorsus; December 21, 2010, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Dirk,

Here is part of the log file when the HS service starts, during windows start:

12/20/2010 8:19:06 PM ~!~Startup~!~*********************************************** *********************************
                            12/20/2010 8:19:06 PM ~!~Startup~!~ HomeSeer version 2.5.0.4 (Service Mode) Starting Now (PRO Build)
                            12/20/2010 8:19:06 PM ~!~Startup~!~*********************************************** *********************************

12/20/2010 8:19:14 PM ~!~Startup~!~Checking for available plug-ins
                            12/20/2010 8:19:14 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: ActiveBackup Plugin, version: 2.0.0.26
                            12/20/2010 8:19:14 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: BLLAN, version: 1.0.6.0
                            12/20/2010 8:19:15 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: HSTouch Server, version: 1.0.0.33
                            12/20/2010 8:19:15 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: HSTouch Android, version: 1.0.0.0

12/20/2010 8:20:27 PM ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object
                            12/20/2010 8:20:27 PM ~!~System~!~Registering HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.dll with Windows
                            12/20/2010 8:20:29 PM ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object
                            12/20/2010 8:20:29 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to access plugin: HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.dll, try reinstalling plug-in

After HS service starts, I manually restart the HS service and there is no error in the SONOSCONTROLLER initialization.

I'm using Latest version " SONOSCONTROLLER, version: 1.0.0.48" and "HomeSeer version 2.5.0.4 (Service Mode)" . The antivirus program is the current version of Avast.
                            Also "SONOSCONTROLLER is running as a trial, 10 days remaining."

Flame

Comment

Originally posted by Flame View Post
                              12/20/2010 8:20:27 PM ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object
                              12/20/2010 8:20:27 PM ~!~System~!~Registering HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.dll with Windows
                              12/20/2010 8:20:29 PM ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object
                              12/20/2010 8:20:29 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to access plugin: HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.dll, try reinstalling plug-in

After HS service starts, I manually restart the HS service and there is no error in the SONOSCONTROLLER initialization.

I'm using Latest version " SONOSCONTROLLER, version: 1.0.0.48" and "HomeSeer version 2.5.0.4 (Service Mode)" . The antivirus program is the current version of Avast.
                              Also "SONOSCONTROLLER is running as a trial, 10 days remaining."
                              Hi Flame,

not really sure what to think about this except that HS seems to have no access for some reason to the DLL. Maybe you can check the security file settings for the hspi_sonoscontroller.dll and compare it with other DLL or other files in the same directory (your HS root directory or <hsroot>\bin). Do you have different users configured on that PC? Is HS and the Plugin installed as "for all users" or "admin"?

Can't think of anything else. Maybe a question to be forwarded to the HS guys.

I'll give it some more thought and maybe play with some ACL settings (I do have them turned off on my PCs)

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,
                                There is only one user account set on the pc and it is administrator, "Require password" is OFF. I can't check the individual plugins security permissions right now. I'll check them tonight. If the permissions are the problem, why it works after restarting the service.

Comment

Working...
                                X