X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Sonos HS3 beta v3.0.0.5 posted

Changes to Beta v3.0.0.5
    • Fixed bug where missing IP Count reset wasn't working
    • Changed the "Address" info for HS device, made it shorter, wasting less space on the web page. You would have to delete all players and recreate to see the effect
    • Fixed some bugs around grouped players and info not shown properly
    • Added support for "Favorites"
    • Reduced linking time for announcements
    • Adding grouping capability
    • Add support for S3 and S1 players (running them as a stereo pair)

Comment

Device view page looks tidier now but more importantly for me is that the announcement delay is greatly reduced

Less than 2 seconds here now using 3 players in a TTS group.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        Device view page looks tidier now but more importantly for me is that the announcement delay is greatly reduced

Less than 2 seconds here now using 3 players in a TTS group.

Paul..
        If you have been using the PI before this latest version (5), you probably have an entry in the .ini file like this

AnnouncementWaitforPlayTime=2

Edit the file and change it to

AnnouncementWaitforPlayTime=0

This should speed it up even more. I tossed in the bath and kitchen sink so chances are high that some users will experience beginning of announcement loss or the worse, no announcement. For those few, they should set the AnnouncementWaitforPlayTime time > 0. Want to use the "new start" of this HS3 version, combined with benefits in the latest Sonos SW (no need to save the queues) to see if we still need some of the delays that I had to add over the years to cover all corner case scenarios

Dirk

Comment

Speak to rooms with occupation only

How do you suggest I build a solution in hs3 where speak in sonos is only routed to the sonos zones in the rooms where I with my PIRs know there there are somebody in the room?

What combination of events and your plugin would be best?
          Best,
          Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
            How do you suggest I build a solution in hs3 where speak in sonos is only routed to the sonos zones in the rooms where I with my PIRs know there there are somebody in the room?

What combination of events and your plugin would be best?
            First question I would ask you, how much do you care that the announcement goes to an unoccupied room?

I would start with creating a linkgroup for each individual room you have, obviously each linkgroup having source player and destplayer the same and only that room.

Then I think you would have to create an event for each room so you can make each event conditional upon occupancy in the that room or not.

I know it is quite cumbersome, all depends on how many players (rooms) you have and how many different events you want to cover.

If you start scripting, I'm sure you can simplify things at the cost of having to write and maintain your script.

The script would be something you run when some event occurs, the script would have to check which rooms are occupied and then issue a hs.Speakex event (with text and $SONOS$Linkgroup$) so you can direct the speech to the right room.

Dirk

Comment

Actually is would like to be able to send all warnings announcements etc. from all events more intelligent around the house and online.
              Ie. if I am home and my wife is not - send some types of announcements to the sonos and others to her on SMS/Mail etc.
              problem is that each event has to handle this individually - instead I would like a model where each event could just do something like: Send "Warning:XXX" to Jakob.
              I was house in the house it would be Sonos - if was away it would be e-mail, if my wife was home too - only send to office Sonos...

Does anybody have a setup like that in HS3?

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
              First question I would ask you, how much do you care that the announcement goes to an unoccupied room?

I would start with creating a linkgroup for each individual room you have, obviously each linkgroup having source player and destplayer the same and only that room.

Then I think you would have to create an event for each room so you can make each event conditional upon occupancy in the that room or not.

I know it is quite cumbersome, all depends on how many players (rooms) you have and how many different events you want to cover.

If you start scripting, I'm sure you can simplify things at the cost of having to write and maintain your script.

The script would be something you run when some event occurs, the script would have to check which rooms are occupied and then issue a hs.Speakex event (with text and $SONOS$Linkgroup$) so you can direct the speech to the right room.

Dirk
              Best,

Comment

New Sonos HS3 beta v3.0.0.6 posted

Changes to Beta v3.0.0.6
                • Began adding support to run the plugin on another PC than the HS3 PC. You would have to start the PI with an additional parameter ie server=www.xxx.yyy.zzz representing the IP address of the HS3 PC.
                • Added support to run multiple instances. You would have to start the PI with an additional parameter ie instance=xxx (no '-' characters allowed in instance name)
                • Added option setting to display TrackLenght in Seconds (as integer) or HH:MM:SS format (handy for HSTouch screens)
                • Added option setting to display TrackPosition in Seconds, HH:MM:SS or as a percentage (0->100) (handy for HSTouch screens)
                • Most functions work in HSTouch screens, including albumart. However, content navigation is not available yet in HS3

Comment

In the config menu I do not seem to be able to delete dublet-players.
                  Best,

Comment

In the config menu I do not seem to be able to delete dublet-players.
                    ?????????????

maybe a bit more info, screenshots, how did you get in this situation, what you have already tried, what traces you've looked at etc.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,
                      Sorry for the too short entry.
                      When I click "Plugins - > Sonocontroller - > Config" under "Player Table" and try to delete a player the popup for Confirm I get - seems to stall?

Does that make sense.

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                      ?????????????

maybe a bit more info, screenshots, how did you get in this situation, what you have already tried, what traces you've looked at etc.

Dirk
                      Best,

Comment

Hi Dirk,
                        Sorry for the too short entry.
                        When I click "Plugins - > Sonocontroller - > Config" under "Player Table" and try to delete a player the popup for Confirm I get - seems to stall?

Does that make sense.
                        It takes a while to delete a player because deleting entries out of the .ini file is all but fast. So if you wait a little, the pop-up should go away.

Now if you delete a player that is on your network, next time you discover your network, it will be back. This is a function to remove players that are NOT on your network anymore. If you have periodic autodiscoveries on, the player will be back w/i a few minutes.

Dirk

Comment

Link

Hi,
                          I tested the link groups. Ie. first I created a couple of groups in the Linkgroup Configuration Table (did not fill out the speaker device field)
                          if I then click on the button "Control" in the master device and then click a group and at the same time look at my sonos app - all groups are splitted. They new re-group.

When I do the same in HS2 - the groups are re-arranged and grouped nicly when I look at the app at the same time.

Does it make sense?
                          Best,

Comment

Does it make sense?
                            Not to me but I'm a bit slow.

Are you saying they don't group properly or how they group is different but it all ends up being OK?

If they just group differently, but group OK, I wouldn't know why because that logic hasn't really changed. Are you running this on different machines? It may just be the CPU horsepower or network response that is different.

If it doesn't group properly at all, can you again turn on the debug, do your thing, capture and post the log, including an exact description (screenshot would be nice) of how the linkgroup was set up and what didn't work properly and/or what your expectation was.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Sorry if this has already been asked, but where is the Help manual. I would like to read up on the options and examples. I currently have the beta installed and would like to tweak/learn some things.

Thanks You!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Willoughby View Post
                                Sorry if this has already been asked, but where is the Help manual. I would like to read up on the options and examples. I currently have the beta installed and would like to tweak/learn some things.

Thanks You!
                                No Manual yet, sorry. Most of the stuff is the same like HS2 it is just how you create events/triggers that's different but the options themselves are mostly the same. What is it you would like to do?
                                Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X