HS3 Sonoscontroller beta testing forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    I get the following error when starting HS with the Sonos playing a radio station

dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos Error Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Keuken when getting the AudioInputName with Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040212
    Ah, ne mede Belg Must be because you are playing Studio Brussel

Tried it out on my setup and actually the first time it gave me an error on one of my players (which was not playing anything). Do you have it each time?

Are you running XP? Fast machine?

I'm thinking it has something to do with UPnP not being ready when I ask for a specific variable. If you have it all the time, I'll release a new beta with a small wait in it and would like you to try it out.

Dirk (currently listening to all-time top 100 on Studio Brussel)

Comment

Yup, een belg uit (noord-) Limburg.
      The amount of information you can extract from a debug log :-)

I have it every time yes. Also having problems getting the radio stations.
      I run HS in Windows XP on an ESXI server (i5, 16 GB RAM)

Comment

I have it every time yes. Also having problems getting the radio stations.
        I run HS in Windows XP on an ESXI server (i5, 16 GB RAM)
        I optimized the start-up actions a bit, which removes a bit of load but it may actually make it worse. I have the sneaky suspicion it is a "timing" thing so the solution might be to add a small wait but I need a way to verify if that's actually the issue. So would you be willing to test a special beta load that I would post here (and take away after you download)?

Just to reconfirm, EACH time you re-start HS3, you see this error, right? Do you wait between closing and restarting HS3 or you just stop HS3 and restart it as soon as HS3 closed and you have it each time? If you wait, how long?

Could you let me know, I see it on occasion and I suspect that actually waiting like 30 min between closing the PI and restarting would cause it but I can't prove my theory (UPNP times out info after about 20 minutes).

Could you let me know EXACTLY what you do and/or if you can help tests some beta(s).

Dirk

Comment

I have it every time I start HS3.
          When I restart it, I don't wait. So close, start.

Sure I am willing to beta test your new solution.

Uit nieuwsgierigheid, uit welk stukje van Belgie kom jij ?

Comment

I have it every time I start HS3.
            When I restart it, I don't wait. So close, start.

Sure I am willing to beta test your new solution.

Uit nieuwsgierigheid, uit welk stukje van Belgie kom jij ?
            Brabant - Begijnendijk

I'll post a beta here in the next day or so. It will only be the .exe that you need to copy into the HS3 directory (and save the existing one).

Oh, one more question, if you are NOT playing the radio station, you don't see this, right?

What is the problem you have with the Radiostations?

Dirk

Comment

I always have the problem, whether I am playing a radio station or not.

Regarding the station list: when creating an action, the station list is empty although I have favorite radio channels ...

Comment

Regarding the station list: when creating an action, the station list is empty although I have favorite radio channels ...
                Did you build a music DB .... after ... you added the radio channels?

If so, do you see errors when you click on "Build DB" (under the control button on the Master device)

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                  Did you build a music DB .... after ... you added the radio channels?

If so, do you see errors when you click on "Build DB" (under the control button on the Master device)

Dirk
                  That fixed that !

Now the error on startup ... ;-)

Edit:
                  In the overview page, the player mentions it it stopped although it is playing...
                  Last edited by kriz83; January 3, 2014, 05:38 AM.

Comment

That fixed that !

Edit:
                    In the overview page, the player mentions it it stopped although it is playing...
                    Have you deleted all Sonos HS devices when you installed the latest beta?

Changes to Beta v3.0.0.8
                    • Delete all Sonos HS devices before upgrading (PI Config page, click Delete all players button, stop HS3).

Postedit: this would only work if you deleted the HS devices BEFORE the upgrade. If you have already upgraded, I would recommend the following sequence:

Go to the HS device management page and delete all HS devices associated w/ Sonos. Go to the Sonos config page and click on delete all players. The PI will terminate so either restart the PI or restart HS3. All players will be recreated. You should detect the issue when you see DUPLICATED devices. It means one player device will work the other is stale.

Comment

Download attached file. Unzip. Stop HS3. Rename the hspi_sonos.exe that is in the <hsroot> directory. Copy the unzipped file into the <HSroot> directory.

Please confirm download, after that I will remove the link from this post. If you confirm it takes away the error, I'll post a new beta in the regular post.

Dirk
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                        • Delete all Sonos HS devices before upgrading (PI Config page, click Delete all players button, stop HS3).
                        This was a first install, so no upgrade ...

I'll try to download it tonight when I get back from work, but it's a quite busy period a.t.m.

Comment

Dirk, I'm running the latest beta and trying to build some HSTouch screens. I can see all of the devices apart from the "Player" device which contains all the controls. I'd like to be able to add these controls (play, pause, shuffle, etc) to a HSTouch screen. Is there a reason this device does not appear in HSTouch?
                          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                            Dirk, I'm running the latest beta and trying to build some HSTouch screens. I can see all of the devices apart from the "Player" device which contains all the controls. I'd like to be able to add these controls (play, pause, shuffle, etc) to a HSTouch screen. Is there a reason this device does not appear in HSTouch?
                            Uh, no reason at all. Just tried it and noticed the same. We'll have to log a bug in bugzilla for this.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                              Opened bug http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1441
                              Dirk

Comment

I'm having issues getting HS3 speaking over Sonos. Do I still have to have the audio input of the zone connected to the HS3 system named special? In the plugin Linkgroup config table, what do I set the Speaker Devices field to? Is this the correct syntax for the speaker host? $SONOS$TTSInsideOnly$HOMESEEREFAULT

When I run test, I get no errors but I hear nothing via any zone.

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X