In wall Android tablet mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In wall Android tablet mount

Has anyone got any suggestions on in wall tablet / mount (good and/or bad experiences)?

I'm looking for something small for downstairs, that will always be where its mounted (7" should be enough room to display what I want)...

Was thinking of something like http://www.geekland.co/7-Android-40-...K-VIA-E002.htm with WiFi and a battery. The basement isn't finished yet so now's probably the best time to do this if I'm going to.

I thought about buying a $50-80 Android tablet and using double sided tape to plaster it to the wall, briefly... the cost was about right if it would have worked... but the aesthetics are terrible

Trying to keep this under ~250, way under if possible. The darn things only going to display a few custom HSTouch screens after all is said and done.

Looks to be almost the same as the one that HST used to sell: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156066

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

You mean like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-17 20.34.12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1175651

Comment

Originally posted by LCrawfo View Post
        Has anyone got any suggestions on in wall tablet / mount (good and/or bad experiences)?

I'm looking for something small for downstairs, that will always be where its mounted (7" should be enough room to display what I want)...

Was thinking of something like http://www.geekland.co/7-Android-40-...K-VIA-E002.htm with WiFi and a battery. The basement isn't finished yet so now's probably the best time to do this if I'm going to.

I thought about buying a $50-80 Android tablet and using double sided tape to plaster it to the wall, briefly... the cost was about right if it would have worked... but the aesthetics are terrible

Trying to keep this under ~250, way under if possible. The darn things only going to display a few custom HSTouch screens after all is said and done.
        I made a picture frame for a 10" tablet. Total cost $99

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
          You mean like this?

[ATTACH]43087[/ATTACH]
          That is nice and would be a decent fit too.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            I made a picture frame for a 10" tablet. Total cost $99

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
            I might take a shot at this if I can't get the cost down on an in wall mount with power. Who knows... could be fun.

Comment

Zipato Wall Tablet 7

Has anyone seen or used one of these things?

Zipato Wall Tablet 7

Its from Europe so the z-wave interface might not work in North America but it looked interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by LCrawfo View Post
                That is nice and would be a decent fit too.
                I ued an AV box behind the frame that allows for a wall outlet and a set of RCAs. I used a wall outlet with dual USBs and a wall plate to cover the hole where the RCAs would go. Then I just used the Nexus USB charging cable to supply power, duct-taped everything securly to the frame and used the 3M velcro to attach it over the AV box.

Comment

Working...
                X