Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me play with it on an x64 VM and get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
      Let me play with it on an x64 VM and get back to you.
      I suspect something not right with the npm install step (using x86 nssm). I've just tried re-running that and I get a Warning which says

npm WARN package.json hsmetro@1.0.2 No README data

only a guess but should that file version not be 1.0.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
        I suspect something not right with the npm install step (using x86 nssm). I've just tried re-running that and I get a Warning which says

npm WARN package.json hsmetro@1.0.2 No README data

only a guess but should that file version not be 1.0.2.2
        Nope...just a warning. Not an issue. You only need to run npm once to download a required package that I use in the proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
          I downloaded the x86 version and tried that - now both the nssm and node were in the same path - removed then reinstalled the service using appropriate paths in the nssm ui - no go
          Can I send you anything that may help ?
          Well, you're not alone in this issue. I tried configuring the proxy as a windows service on my HomeTroller S6 and got the same error. I was previously testing on remote machines to see how scalable the solution was, in case someone wanted to run it on a unix box or some other windows server. I had no problems installing as a service on my Windows 7 Pro VM instance, but can not get it to install in the version running on my S6. It's the exact same error you reported. So I do have it running on my S6, but it's running in a command window.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
            Well, you're not alone in this issue. I tried configuring the proxy as a windows service on my HomeTroller S6 and got the same error. I was previously testing on remote machines to see how scalable the solution was, in case someone wanted to run it on a unix box or some other windows server. I had no problems installing as a service on my Windows 7 Pro VM instance, but can not get it to install in the version running on my S6. It's the exact same error you reported. So I do have it running on my S6, but it's running in a command window.
            Just so you know, my environment is W7 Ultimate x64 running HS3.

Comment

Almost done with the thermostat widget. It definitely works with Nest. I will need someone to test on a z-wave device. It should work though since I based it on the available API for deviceTypes and subTypes. It works like the other widgets--tap to cycle through the modes and/or press the up/down arrows to raise/lower the temp.

I've added an interval refresh to the the status widget so it will automatically requery HomeSeer after a set interval (currently 5 minutes).

I've also added the same refresh to the weather widget. The refresh value is currently set to 1 hour.

The ability to specify tile width (one-wide, two-wide, three-wide) has also been added.

I'm currently finalizing some code and hope to have this new build up later this weekend.

Wayne

Comment

Hand up here... I have two thermostats. If it matters, I don't have the proxy up.
                Don

Comment

Here's a pic of the latest build running on that 21" HP Slate android tablet I just received.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2705.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1176707

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                    Hand up here... I have two thermostats. If it matters, I don't have the proxy up.
                    I'll be posting later this weekend. Just want to make sure everything is solid. The thermostat widget is not currently hooked in to the proxy so no worries there. I just want to make sure it's working across various thermostat types before I try to get hooked up to the proxy. The other option I can do for it is to put it on a timer refresh so that it just updates every X minutes.

Comment

Would this work for Insteon thermostats (2441TH) ?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                        Would this work for Insteon thermostats (2441TH) ?
                        As long as they conform to the HomeSeer API for DeviceType and SubType values. You can confirm by navigating back a few pages in this thread and comparing your JSON output to the output provided by another member with Zwave thermostats.

I'm fairly certain it will work, though.

Comment

This project looks very good. Well done.
                          Will this run on all versions of HS3? I'm currently on an early version that is fairly stable for my configuration and I'm avoiding upgrading at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                            This project looks very good. Well done.
                            Will this run on all versions of HS3? I'm currently on an early version that is fairly stable for my configuration and I'm avoiding upgrading at the moment!
                            Unfortunately not. You need the current .156 version for this to work correctly. Earlier versions do not have the ASCII control interface fully implemented.

Comment

New build posted at the beginning of this thread. Get it while it's hot!

Comment

I'm not using the proxy at this time, but must be missing something really basic.

Is the assumption that you mearly have to change the ip address and the device reference on the device code to have it control the device? As an example I have the following....

PHP Code:
                                    <hsdevice class="hstile" params="url: 'http://192.168.0.109', ref: 579, color: 'white', icons: {
                                                                      'on': '/images/HomeSeer/status/on.gif', 
                                                                      'off': '/images/HomeSeer/status/off.gif'},
                                                                        proxyIP: '192.168.0.109', proxyPort: '8000'"
                                ></hsdevice
                                I changed the url and ref # but nothing shows up. I'm also struggling with the images path.

Could you talk me through this please?

Thanks
                                Don

Comment

Working...
                                X