Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Linux and Windows SONOS PI version

Subscribe to this Thread so you get an email when a new version is posted

Post here your questions/remarks when you are testing a Beta version of the plug-in. If you open up a new thread, make sure you reference it being about the HS3 version of the PI to avoid I would have to ask each time. Secondly, when seeing a problem, before you post, search the forum for any prior postings. If nothing can be found; before you post, turn the debug flag on! Do whatever it was you were doing and append the debug log to the post. I get too many request "such and such doesn't work" but no further information. If you use events or triggers, make screenshots of the triggers/actions and attached them. If it is about linking/unlinking issues, make a screenshot of the Sonos config page and attach it. You make screenshots by hitting Cntrl-PrintScreen, open up Paint (for Windows users) and paste what was captured, save it and attach file to your posting.

Changes to next release

Changes to v3.1.0.49
    • Added color coding to player table if inconsistency between PI and UPNP
    • Quite some changes! Step up to .net v4.7.2
    • Introduced UdpClient for multicast listening
    • Added ini setting to pick a fixed multicast listener port, now set to 1901. If need to change, add entry under "Options" SSDPListenerPort=0
    • More multicast changes, now on Ethernet & anyAddress
    • Some code restructuring, no new functions, in prep for an HS4 version
    • Debug levels is now a pull down menu instead of checkmarks
    • Made the UPNP subsystem a bit more robust against network issues. Automatic restart included for multicast listener if nothing is received in 30 min. Auto renewal added when error 412 is received. One retry when other error occurs with renew
    • Changed TTL for multicast from 1 to 4
    • Added ini setting to pick a fixed TCP listener port. Add entry under "Options" TCPListenerPort=12291
    • Increased doc retrieval time to 20 sec
    • Added SSDP broadcast
    • Some more changes to allow multiple clients to same socket for x-vlan
    • Fixed issue w UPNP renew (412) and more tweaks here
    • Fixed rediscovery, broke it in v27
    • Event play track LAST wasn't working
    Changes to v3.1.0.41
    • Quite some changes! Step up to .net v4.7.2
    • Introduced UdpClient for multicast listening.
    • Added ini setting to pick a fixed mulcticast listener port, now set to 1901. If need to change, add entry under "Options" SSDPListenerPort=0
    • Increased doc retrieval timer to 20 sec

Changes to v3.1.0.38
    • Changed TTL for multicast from 1 to 4
    • Added ini setting to pick a fixed TCP listener port. Add entry under "Options" TCPListenerPort=12291

Changes to v3.1.0.37
    • Some code restructuring, no new functions, in prep for an HS4 version
    • Debug levels is now a pull down menu instead of checkmarks
    • Made the UPNP subsystem a bit more robust against network issues. Automatic restart included for multicast listener if nothing is received in 30 min. Auto renewal added when error 412 is received. One retry when other error occurs with renew

Changes to v3.1.0.36
    • Error defining the master of a pair with subwoofer. Error introduced in v35
    Changes to v3.1.0.35
    • Fixed an issue with announcement concurrency.
    Changes to v3.1.0.34
    • Cleaned up some benign errors that may show up at startup when players are paired.
    • Added a log entry when the Event TCP listener gets restarted
    • Changed logic to determine master of a pair to support S18 properly
    Changes to v3.1.0.33
    • Added isNotPlayingAnnouncement condition
    • Fixed an error when a slave player is used as a source player in a linkgroup
    • Optimized restoring players after an announcement a little, try to avoid a loud spike
    • Fixed some issues with renaming of paired players to give them unique names
    Changes to v3.1.0.30
    • Fixed an issue with Apple Music Playlists
    Changes to v3.1.0.28
    • Fixed an issue when the PI has to create MANY players (30) and takes over >5 min. It causes duplicate players to be created via the dodiscovery procedure
    • Autonomous events are missing when international characters (multi byte) are present in the content
    Changes to v3.1.0.26
    • Fixed an issue where a SUB shows up as a select-able item for event-actions
    • Fixed issue deleting a single player causes the PI to restart
    • Fixed issue deleting all players wasn't working and left ini file corrupt resulting in duplicated players
    • Fixed issue with help file name for Linux installer, preventing on-help to be installed in a Linux environment
    Changes to v3.1.0.24
    • Added ' quotes around img=src info
    • If you have back2back announcements AND you put multiple announcements in a single action, the first announcement repeats itself
    • Playbase and Beam support
    Changes to v3.1.0.22
    • Save/Restore All players not working
    • Fixed announcement path delimiters which seems to give an issue with latest HS version 332/333
    • Added triggers and conditions for Announcements
    • Fixed an error retrieving artwork over a HTTPS connection
    • Fixed error retrieving artwork with getaa?s=1&
    Changes to v3.1.0.20
    • Some art was missing for Amazon Prime services. Next art worked but current didn't
    • Filtering of devices in triggers wasn't working and showing Sonos devices
    • The function SetDeviceString, updating the player status wasn't called properly, therefore not firing off events to other PIs such as EasyTrigger
    Changes to v3.1.0.18
    • Lost some fixes from version 15 wrt zone renaming, Apple Music meta data process
    • Added support for S6 (ex-S5) and S12 player (ex S1).
    Changes to v3.1.0.16
    • found issue where players remain off-line or are not added when multiple new players are discovered by the PI w/i < 3 seconds
    • reintroduced the 5 minute rediscovery
    Changes to v3.1.0.15
    • Implementation with HST/MediaAPI; as of HS Server version 103, the MediaAPI for multipleinstance seems to be fixed. With Sonos PI version 15 and above, there is now a setting in the Sonos config screen to enable the MediaAPI. After enabling it, you will have to restart HS. This function is very lightly tested and bound to be a source of future frustration so be forewarned. I'm not using it and don't plan on so I won't be able to recreate issues with all kind of different clients. I did add some more customization support for those who embed the HTML player control page into their HST screens. The URL looks something like this: http://192.168.1.197:81/PlayerContro...E5859008A01400. A few new parameters were added:
      --- ?clientid=x set x to an integer and use different values on different clients trying to control the SAME player, say you have your phone and a built in panel in kitchen and you want to control for both the kitchen player.
      --- ?control=y with y having values QUEUE, NAVPANE, NAVTREE, NAVCONTROL which will create an embed-able piece of what was on the HTML Player control page
      --- Examples: http://192.168.1.197:81/PlayerContro...ontrol=navpane
      --- http://192.168.1.197:81/PlayerContro...&control=queue
      --- http://192.168.1.197:81/PlayerContro...ontrol=navtree
      --- http://192.168.1.197:81/PlayerContro...rol=navcontrol
    • fixed an issue for an event with multiple speak commands in one single event with symptoms of linking properly but not playing at all.
    • added a new Event/Action to GROUP a player, which will cause the players to join an existing grouping if one exist, else it is equal to linking
    • Track info is not coming true properly for Apple Music content
    • If you have paired players, when they are discovered while paired, they show up with the same name. They will now be renamed automatically else they cause issues with Alexa's integration and duplicate devices
    • Delete all players seems to be broken. Suspect changes in HS3 caused it. Fixed
    Changes to v3.1.0.13
    • Support multiple speaker clients in a single event
    • Voice tags will be lifted from announcement text to change preferred voice
    • Fixed issue with play-state-change trigger event missing when zones are linked
    • Fixed issue where the track position counter keeps counting up after initially linking players
    • Fixed some issue with name change of players when paired
    • Fixed some issues w/ Playbars paired to S1 players
    • Heavy logging of the PI under Linux causes resource leaks, fixed.
    • Fixed issue with international character set (in this case Norwegian) in zone names.
    Changes to v3.1.0.11
    • Fixed another issues w/ UPNP device discovery. This time when the PI starts and there are zero devices to be found, none will be added later
    • The installer will now have 2 version of the System.Data.SQLite.dll. One for Linux installs and one for Windows installs.
    • Cleaned up some code when there is unsuccessful DB access in Linux, causing hanging file handles
    • Fixed an issue where Favorites couldn't be played from the player control web page (and I assume events)
    • Fixed issue w/ playbar, where HS status device isn't updated properly
    • Alarm events were broke. Fixed now
    Changes to v3.1.0.4
    • Fixed some more issues w/ UPNP device discovery
    • Fixed an issue where you cannot navigate anymore in the player config page
    • Fixed an issue for Firefox users where the navigation list box on the bottom left doesn't render properly
    Changes to v3.1.0.3
    • Fixed some issues w/ UPNP device discovery
    • Added Playbar support
    Changes to v3.1.0.2
    • Made allocation of TCP listener port dynamic. This should fix issues where your device states are not dynamically updated
    • Added a debug option (Display Sonos Devices) under the Sonos Config Page to display UPNP info, to help debug issues such as soundbar problems

Good news for Linux users.

I've sent an new version called v3.1.0.x (instead of v3.0.0.x) that has significant changes for Linux.

The changes are:

1/ the UPNP system is now home grown so no more need to rely on SDDP/UPNP from windows. That actually means you might be able to run it on Windows Server versions that don't support UPNP.
    2/ The dependency on the windows based DB has been removed in favor of a SQL based DB. For Window users, this means that your databases are hosed. For the music DB, this really isn't an issues as they are always deleted and recreated when something in your Sonos DB change, but the learned radiostations DB will be gone and you have to relearn your stations simply by selecting and playing them. All else on Windows should stay the same, including your devices, events etc.

So going forward, at one point in time, v3.0.0.x will cease to exist and only one version (Linux+Windows) will be supported.

The updater will have the Windows only version in the "official released Media PI section", whereas I'm going to place the Linux+Windows version in the "Beta section" of the updater. For new users, I would highly recommend to start with this new beta from day one. For courageous souls who are currently running on Windows, you would help me to switch to the new version and let me know of issues. I have been running this new version for many months now and the MediaController PI has the same underlying Linux/UPNP fundamentals and that has been in the updater for many months now without complains (maybe no users ). On my Windows PI, just by changing the HSPI_Sonos.exe from version 3.0 to 3.1, I switch between old and new version without any issues.

So look for it in the updater, hopefully tomorrow or in the next few days.

Post issues with the new version 3.1.0.x here all else in the other threads.

Dirk
    Last edited by dcorsus; July 25, 2019, 04:42 PM.

Awesome I will crank it up over the weekend.

Does you homegrown UPNP code fix the issue where you could not trigger on the event of an alarm occurring?

Thanks for your work

Kent

Comment

Originally posted by PosterBoy View Post
      Does you homegrown UPNP code fix the issue where you could not trigger on the event of an alarm occurring?
      It should!

Comment

Dirk,

It has been a long time since I posted anything regarding the Sonos plugin. I am finally pushing myself from HS2 to HS3 and see you have a new version that may again allow alarm events.

I used to have several scripts that did things like turn off the alarm system, gradually turn on some lights, the coffee maker, the TV and set the source and channel to the news.

I am hoping I can get back to that level of automation based on using Sonos as the alarm clock. Unfortunately all of my "complex" scripting was done in perl, which is supposed to work (with HS3 Windows), though I can't get it to process even the simplest of scripts. Oh well, perhaps time to re-script I guess.

So anyway, I know in the HS2 versions I have been using lately it is normal to see an error message or two in the logs. I am seeing one with this new version of the plugin...

Apr-21 1:50:33 PM Sonos Error Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Family Room when getting the AudioInputName with Error = Conversion from string "" to type 'Boolean' is not valid.

I get this for each player.

FYI... I installed the Windows only version of the plugin about a week ago and replaced it with this one last night. I rebuild the DB, though that is all I have done. I have not "played" with it at all.

I don't know if this is expected, due to my update or ???

I have captured my startup and Sonos logs. If you want them, just let me know.

Thanks,

Lou

Comment

Originally posted by gerlin View Post
          So anyway, I know in the HS2 versions I have been using lately it is normal to see an error message or two in the logs. I am seeing one with this new version of the plugin...

Apr-21 1:50:33 PM Sonos Error Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Family Room when getting the AudioInputName with Error = Conversion from string "" to type 'Boolean' is not valid.
          Just cosmetic but I'll fix it. Was this a Linux machine or Windows?
          Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            Just cosmetic but I'll fix it. Was this a Linux machine or Windows?
            Dirk

Windows, thanks.

Comment

Hi Dirk

I finally got a little time to get my system up. Upon install I got these messages. Same message for each zone added. Anything to worry about?

4/27/2015 9:05:59 PM : DirectConnect called for Zone Meredith with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E5813616201400 and Model = ZP100
              09:05:59:8424:[Sonos]->DirectConnect called for Zone Meredith with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E5813616201400 and Model = ZP100
              4/27/2015 9:06:00 PM : Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              09:06:00:3626:[Sonos Error]->Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              4/27/2015 9:06:00 PM : UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              09:06:00:3637:[Sonos Error]->UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              4/27/2015 9:06:01 PM : Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              09:06:01:0923:[Sonos Error]->Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              4/27/2015 9:06:01 PM : UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              09:06:01:0934:[Sonos Error]->UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              4/27/2015 9:06:01 PM : CreateOneSonosController: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Meredith with index 5
              09:06:01:1057:[Sonos]->CreateOneSonosController: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Meredith with index 5
              09:06:01:1099:[Info]->Plugin Sonos with instance RINCON_000E5823534A01400 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:55480
              4/27/2015 9:06:01 PM : InitIO Called for Instance = RINCON_000E5823534A01400 and running on OS = Unix
              09:06:01:2627:[Sonos]->InitIO Called for Instance = RINCON_000E5823534A01400 and running on OS = Unix

This occurs on restarts for each zone
              4/27/2015 9:17:02 PM : Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              09:17:02:7381:[Sonos Error]->Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              4/27/2015 9:17:02 PM : UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              09:17:02:7392:[Sonos Error]->UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              4/27/2015 9:17:03 PM : Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              09:17:03:4303:[Sonos Error]->Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              4/27/2015 9:17:03 PM : UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              09:17:03:4315:[Sonos Error]->UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll

Thanks

Kent
              Last edited by PosterBoy; April 27, 2015, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PosterBoy View Post
                Hi Dirk

I finally got a little time to get my system up. Upon install I got these messages. Same message for each zone added. Anything to worry about?

4/27/2015 9:05:59 PM : DirectConnect called for Zone Meredith with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E5813616201400 and Model = ZP100
                09:05:59:8424:[Sonos]->DirectConnect called for Zone Meredith with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E5813616201400 and Model = ZP100
                4/27/2015 9:06:00 PM : Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
                09:06:00:3626:[Sonos Error]->Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
                4/27/2015 9:06:00 PM : UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
                09:06:00:3637:[Sonos Error]->UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
                4/27/2015 9:06:01 PM : Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
                09:06:01:0923:[Sonos Error]->Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
                4/27/2015 9:06:01 PM : UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
                09:06:01:0934:[Sonos Error]->UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
                4/27/2015 9:06:01 PM : CreateOneSonosController: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Meredith with index 5
                09:06:01:1057:[Sonos]->CreateOneSonosController: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Meredith with index 5
                09:06:01:1099:[Info]->Plugin Sonos with instance RINCON_000E5823534A01400 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:55480
                4/27/2015 9:06:01 PM : InitIO Called for Instance = RINCON_000E5823534A01400 and running on OS = Unix
                09:06:01:2627:[Sonos]->InitIO Called for Instance = RINCON_000E5823534A01400 and running on OS = Unix

This occurs on restarts for each zone
                4/27/2015 9:17:02 PM : Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
                09:17:02:7381:[Sonos Error]->Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
                4/27/2015 9:17:02 PM : UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
                09:17:02:7392:[Sonos Error]->UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
                4/27/2015 9:17:03 PM : Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
                09:17:03:4303:[Sonos Error]->Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Meredith with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
                4/27/2015 9:17:03 PM : UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
                09:17:03:4315:[Sonos Error]->UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Meredith with error- SQLite.Interop.dll

Thanks

Kent
                I have the same error, haven't had time to figure what is wrong with the install.

Stay tuned and thanks for posting

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

As I mentioned previously I am working on moving from HS2 to HS3.

On the HS3 system I have had inconsistent behavior with this new plugin. I noticed that when the track changes on a playlist, the artwork doe not update (either on the hs device web page or hstouch). Even after closing the web browser and going back in. I was seeing this even when I am not getting the errors below in the log.

Also some of the events for shuffle, repeat did not seem to work, In the past I would see changes made via HS reflected in the Sonos PC client. i was not seeing that.

Though it has gotten worse.

I also loose the ability to control Sonos completely fairly frequently. I am seeing this in my logs for all my zones:

Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = . Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone

Does this error represent a service on my HS server, or something on my Sonos system?

I have also noticed (since installing this), that even the Sonos PC and Android clients are giving me errors on occasion. (Like cannot save alarm, try later). Usually after a couple of errors it works.

At this point I am currently running both the HS2 and HS3 with the Sonos plug-in running. Is this okay, or could this be causing an issue?

Also on HS3, I did first have you Windows only versions running and updated from the HS updater. Could there be something I should cleanup after switching?

I am planning on shutting down the HS2 plugin (at least for a test), and powering cycling all of my Sonos devices to see if that clears it up, though I though I would ask about this error while I had a moment.

This is running on Windows. Do I need to make any changes to the Windows UPNP configuration?

FYI... I have not attempted any Sonos scripting on the HS3 system yet, so I am not introducing any instability there. I may have some active scripts on the HS2 system, though they have not been touched in over a year.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lou

Comment

Dirk,

On the HS3 system I have had inconsistent behavior with this new plugin. I noticed that when the track changes on a playlist, the artwork doe not update (either on the hs device web page or hstouch). Even after closing the web browser and going back in. I was seeing this even when I am not getting the errors below in the log.

Also some of the events for shuffle, repeat did not seem to work, In the past I would see changes made via HS reflected in the Sonos PC client. i was not seeing that.

Though it has gotten worse.

I also loose the ability to control Sonos completely fairly frequently. I am seeing this in my logs for all my zones:

Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = . Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone

Does this error represent a service on my HS server, or something on my Sonos system?

I have also noticed (since installing this), that even the Sonos PC and Android clients are giving me errors on occasion. (Like cannot save alarm, try later). Usually after a couple of errors it works.

At this point I am currently running both the HS2 and HS3 with the Sonos plug-in running. Is this okay, or could this be causing an issue?

Also on HS3, I did first have you Windows only versions running and updated from the HS updater. Could there be something I should cleanup after switching?

I am planning on shutting down the HS2 plugin (at least for a test), and powering cycling all of my Sonos devices to see if that clears it up, though I though I would ask about this error while I had a moment.

This is running on Windows. Do I need to make any changes to the Windows UPNP configuration?

FYI... I have not attempted any Sonos scripting on the HS3 system yet, so I am not introducing any instability there. I may have some active scripts on the HS2 system, though they have not been touched in over a year.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lou

The error in your posting is caused by a "ghost" player, wrongly created by the v3.1.x.x PI version. Don't know how I get to those but I suspect there is some timing/load issue at init that I'm overlooking somehow. So go to the Sonos Config page, look at the Player table below, I suspect you'll find players that don't belong, just delete those.

As to your question on switching between version 3.0.0.21 and 3.1.0.1, apart from the music/radio DB being different, you should be OK, all else works the same. No need to mess with Window's UPNP setting, as long as it is running you should be OK.

Running HS2 and HS3 should not be a problem either, unless you have network BW issue or PC CPU-cycle/memory constrains.

The fact that the Sonos PC/Android APP is giving you problems might point to a network issue, which could be a network loop created by the Sonos devices themselves. I struggled for years on one player that I had to leave wireless because each time I physically connected it to my LAN, all players went crazy on me. They sat on different port of my router and I think my router was preventing certain packet/protocols from communicating what should have been an L2 network.

If you just got into HS3, perhaps stick with the "older" Window's only version (v3.0.0.21) until I can get my head around what might be going on and probably add debug capabilities so we can "navigate" through what my own UPNP subsystem has discovered and more importantly, what might it have missed. There are many people running this version with few complains, so if it doesn't run for you, something else is happening in your setup so we'll have to take it an issue at the time.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                      The error in your posting is caused by a "ghost" player, wrongly created by the v3.1.x.x PI version. Don't know how I get to those but I suspect there is some timing/load issue at init that I'm overlooking somehow. So go to the Sonos Config page, look at the Player table below, I suspect you'll find players that don't belong, just delete those.

As to your question on switching between version 3.0.0.21 and 3.1.0.1, apart from the music/radio DB being different, you should be OK, all else works the same. No need to mess with Window's UPNP setting, as long as it is running you should be OK.

Running HS2 and HS3 should not be a problem either, unless you have network BW issue or PC CPU-cycle/memory constrains.

The fact that the Sonos PC/Android APP is giving you problems might point to a network issue, which could be a network loop created by the Sonos devices themselves. I struggled for years on one player that I had to leave wireless because each time I physically connected it to my LAN, all players went crazy on me. They sat on different port of my router and I think my router was preventing certain packet/protocols from communicating what should have been an L2 network.

If you just got into HS3, perhaps stick with the "older" Window's only version (v3.0.0.21) until I can get my head around what might be going on and probably add debug capabilities so we can "navigate" through what my own UPNP subsystem has discovered and more importantly, what might it have missed. There are many people running this version with few complains, so if it doesn't run for you, something else is happening in your setup so we'll have to take it an issue at the time.

Dirk
                      As always, thanks for the quick reply.

Sure enough, I have two additional players with no name and both have the same IP as one of my real players. I will delete these.

My network has been pretty solid in the past (though that could have chaged), I only have three players and they are all physically connected to the LAN. If I continue to have issues I will try to see if going wireless on one or two helps.

Also, I may try switching back and forth between the two versions of the plugin to help isolate if any of my issues are directly related to my use of the new plugin or something more general in my configuration.

Again, thanks for the help, you have given me a few things to try to help get this a little more stable.

Lou

Comment

Some errors in 3.1.0.1...

I just upgraded the PI to ver 3.1.0.1 and seem to be having some functional difficulty.

In particular it seems some of the PI status reporting functions are not working. At first I thought it was in my HSTouch setup. But upon further exam it appears to be in the Module's Player Pages as well.

Specifically, the artwork is not updating, nor the volume, track, album and artist values.

Control seems fine. So, I can jump to previous or next track as well as select a specific track in the list.

I did notice the following error in the startup log.

4/29/2015 5:58:33 AM ~!~Sonos Error~!~MyTcpListener.Start had an error while start listening on HostAddress = 192.168.1.xxx and HostIPPort = xxxxx with Error = Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

Until this update, the PI has been solid.

Any ideas? Can I run any tests for you?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JazzmanJohn View Post
                          I just upgraded the PI to ver 3.1.0.1 and seem to be having some functional difficulty.

In particular it seems some of the PI status reporting functions are not working. At first I thought it was in my HSTouch setup. But upon further exam it appears to be in the Module's Player Pages as well.

Specifically, the artwork is not updating, nor the volume, track, album and artist values.

Control seems fine. So, I can jump to previous or next track as well as select a specific track in the list.

I did notice the following error in the startup log.

4/29/2015 5:58:33 AM ~!~Sonos Error~!~MyTcpListener.Start had an error while start listening on HostAddress = 192.168.1.xxx and HostIPPort = xxxxx with Error = Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

Until this update, the PI has been solid.

Any ideas? Can I run any tests for you?

Thanks
                          This error might actually be the smoking gun on why some people (yourself included) don't get updates.

Is this IPPort used by another program or blocked perhaps? Which IpPort was it? If you do a search in your log (use the filter), do you see this port referenced anywhere else?

By the way, I realize people are concerned posting too much info here, but when a hacker manages to get into your local network, him not knowing your local IP address/IPPort assignment is the least of your worries at that point It is public IP addresses one should keep closer to your vest. You can always send me a private email

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

Lou, can you check your log file (you may have deleted it though) for an error, something similar to this one

Comment

re: Some errors in 3.1.0.1...

Dirk,

I've tried reverting back to 3.0.0.21 but am having difficulty getting the plug-in to work correctly. The SONOS Config page launches alright and seems to have all the players listed, but I cannot actually launch any of the players (HS3 comes back with a blank page).

In trying to roll back the PI, I copied the Help Files, Image Files and HSPI_Sonos.exe from the 3.0.0.21 directory into the appropriate live directories.

Ids there a changed DLL or something else I may have missed?

Thanks in advance,

John

Comment

Working...
                              X