Why is NetCam so slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is NetCam so slow

I donno, is it just me? - this plugin is very slow. In the view menu, it comes up with my 2 cameras, but when I take a picture, it takes like 5 seconds or more to see the image. Then 5-10 seconds if I switch from one camera to the other.
    Once the page is up and I see the thumbnails, it is quick to show a larger version. But it's those other actions which bug me and I just don't get why the speed issue... I had the same cameras on HS2 and it was way quicker... :/

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a better camera solution?

Robert

I still need to restart the plugin periodically as I get:
    Jul-10 2:22:33 PM Warning Plugin NetCAM is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.

Jul-10 2:22:20 PM Error Event Camera and Motion Take garage pics when motion detected plugin action failed:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Not sure if it's a HS3 version thing either. I'm on .280 btw
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Hi Rob,

I switched from the HST Netcam plugin to UltraNetcam a few years ago and haven't looked back. Won't hurt to give it a try.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Do either of these options work with RTSP? I have been trying to look for an option to text a pic of the front door when the doorbell is rung.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
        Do either of these options work with RTSP? I have been trying to look for an option to text a pic of the front door when the doorbell is rung.
        Not sure, I don't have an RTSP camera to try it with.

Cheers
        Al

Comment

Thanks Al... Another plugin to buy since another native HS plugin doesn't work well. I'm glad I bought the PRO license. The benefits are certainly worth it.

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Al,

Does UltraNetCam work easily with HS3Touch?

Michael
            Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
              Al,

Does UltraNetCam work easily with HS3Touch?

Michael
              Hi Michael, I don't use HS Touch so not sure about the integration.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Here utilize Zoneminder (free) with my Grandstream RTSP cams. ZM converts the RTSP video long math way. That and the Grandstream video can be RTSP or MJPEG. The JPG stills can be any size you want. And with built in SIP you can even do more types of automation.

I can snaphot JPGs or videos from the Grandstream cams (or Zoneminder) and do sometimes. Mostly though using Zoneminder. The front door / driveway triggers scenario uses analog sensors outside. The doorbell ring trigger 3 cam shots of the door bell ringer plus little videos IE: top, side and back videos. You can also get fancy, read a finger print, put it in your own personal DB and AI greet (or venture to the dark side) the door bell ringer. I can get the little videos from ZM or even the cameras these days. The triggers for driveway are different for the house cars than the just a car in the driveway. Well you can get fancy with the cars too by just reading the license plates and record those in a DB and actioning on whatever. (It is mostly up to your imagination these days as hardware and software is cheap). IE put one of those cheapo bluetooth ODB 2 readers and have HS latch on to one as the car pulls in to the driveway (along with RFID). IE: use the RFID to trigger the Bluetooth read if you want.
                Last edited by Pete; September 2, 2016, 06:56 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, I have a question for you on Zoneminder. Can you use it to send notifications to Homeseer of motion detection via the camera? I was planning on setting up one of my older laptops running Fedora as part of my HA system in the next couple of weeks and ZM looks like a great solution to manage my cameras.

Comment

Working...
                  X