Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Control with Android built in

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any remote control that also has android built into it?

Here is my problem, and it may be able to get addressed with a different solution. I have a tablet dedicated to a couple rooms that I use as a remote control for the TV. It controls sound, directv, the actual tv, etc. However especially at night its pretty bulky to grab a tablet to turn the tv off or set a timer. I would like to have a hand held remote control that I can use physical keys for the channels, can be IR, and then a screen with android and be able to load HSTouch on it. It would have to connect to wifi to. Essentially I'd like to ziptie an android tablet 4.3" to a universal remote.

Nobody makes such a unicorn. I feel your plight though. You can't semi-mount the HSTouch tablet nearby and access without moving it? I use my HSTouch tablet as an AV device/activity selector, light and ceiling fan control mounted in a captain's perch within arms reach. I have a Tivo with a slide remote for actually watching tv and stream movies.
    I did a quick search for small android phones, and the Anica A7 showed up. I'd have to add a QI receiver to it ( the receivers may be bigger than the phone in this case), and a case. If you're really determined, you'd fiberglass the phone case to a relatively short remote, it would probably need to be an RF remote unless you mount it on the bottom of the remote. Granted, I took autobody in HS, so I know my way around some fiberglass and sandpaper lol. But, if I couldn't get the qi charging to work, i'd probably abandon the idea.

Comment

the Harmony Ultimate remote will interface with your system and give you some light control. Not full UX.... but might get you there.

Comment

Working...
      X