Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linkgroup Configuration Table - Unable to add entry

Hello,
    I have recently installed the Sonos plugin and read the directions on how to set it up for TTS announcement through Sonos, however I'm not able to Add a Linkgroup.

When I click on the Add Entry button I can see that the click registers but it just takes me back to the same config screen and doesn't open up the add linkgroup screen.

I have tried shutting down and restarting the plugin without success.

HS3 version is .372
    Plugin version is 3.1.0.22
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Just a thought, try different browser.

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
      Hello,
      I have recently installed the Sonos plugin and read the directions on how to set it up for TTS announcement through Sonos, however I'm not able to Add a Linkgroup.

When I click on the Add Entry button I can see that the click registers but it just takes me back to the same config screen and doesn't open up the add linkgroup screen.

HS3 version is .372
      What O/S? Do you see players in the Player Table On the config page?
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        What O/S? Do you see players in the Player Table On the config page?
        I am using the Home Troller S6Pro with Win7 Embedded. Yes, I can pull up the Player Table page from: Plugins>Sonos>Family Room

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood you when I replied. Yes, under Plugins>Sonos>Config I do see the player under the Player Table. Does there have to be more than one player to use the Linkgroups?
        Plugin's:

Comment

Hello,

HS3 version is .372
          Make sure you click on the expand table button so you can see the table

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            Make sure you click on the expand table button so you can see the table
            I have the table expanded and have tried clicking Add Entry several times. Maybe clear the Cache of the browser? Edit: Just tried clearing the Chrome browser cache, didn't work.
            Attached Files
            Plugin's:

Comment

I have the table expanded and have tried clicking Add Entry several times. Maybe clear the Cache of the browser? Edit: Just tried clearing the Chrome browser cache, didn't work.
              Turn the debug flag on (same config page). Click on add entry, post the log file. Are you running this PI and HS3 with administrator privilege?

Thanks,

Dirk

Comment

Turn the debug flag on (same config page). Click on add entry, post the log file. Are you running this PI and HS3 with administrator privilege?

Thanks,

Dirk
                Hi Dirk, Yes I just double checked to make sure that the user that I'm using has Admin + Local rights. Pasted log below

Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos GetPagePlugin for SonosControl called with pageName = SonosConfig and user = default and userRights = 6 and queryString =
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos hspi.GetPagePlugin called for instance = and pageName = SonosConfig and user = default and userRights = 6 and queryString =
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos DeleteIniSection called with section = TTSSpeakDevice and FileName = Sonos.ini
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos INIT: MaxNbrOfUPNPObjects set to 400
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos ReadIniFile called
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos GetZoneUDNByIndex called with Index = 0 and found UDN = RINCON_5CAAFD596B2A01400
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos GetZoneUDNByIndex called with Index = 0
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos ItemChange called with LinbktableItem = ltiAddBtn and Value = Submit and RowIndex = 0 and CellIndex = 0
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Value = Submit
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Key = AddEntryLinkTableBtn
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Value = AddEntryLinkTableBtn
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Key = id
                Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos PostBackProc for SonosControl called with page = SonosConfig and data = &id=AddEntryLinkTableBtn&AddEntryLinkTableBtn=Submit and user = default and userRights = 6
                Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos DeleteIniSection called with section = TTSSpeakDevice and FileName = Sonos.ini
                Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos INIT: MaxNbrOfUPNPObjects set to 400
                Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos ReadIniFile called
                Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Value = myLinkgroupSlide_name_open
                Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Key = myLinkTableSlide
                Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos PostBackProc for SonosControl called with page = SonosConfig and data = myLinkTableSlide=myLinkgroupSlide_name_open and user = default and userRights = 6
                Oct-09 2:07:44 PM Sonos GetPagePlugin for SonosControl called with pageName = SonosConfig and user = default and userRights = 6 and queryString =
                Oct-09 2:07:44 PM Sonos hspi.GetPagePlugin called for instance = and pageName = SonosConfig and user = default and userRights = 6 and queryString =
                Oct-09 2:06:59 PM Sonos DeleteIniSection called with section = TTSSpeakDevice and FileName = Sonos.ini
                Oct-09 2:06:59 PM Sonos INIT: MaxNbrOfUPNPObjects set to 400
                Oct-09 2:06:59 PM Sonos ReadIniFile called
                Plugin's:

Comment

Hi Dirk, Yes I just double checked to make sure that the user that I'm using has Admin + Local rights. Pasted log below

Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos GetPagePlugin for SonosControl called with pageName = SonosConfig and user = default and userRights = 6 and queryString =
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos hspi.GetPagePlugin called for instance = and pageName = SonosConfig and user = default and userRights = 6 and queryString =
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos DeleteIniSection called with section = TTSSpeakDevice and FileName = Sonos.ini
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos INIT: MaxNbrOfUPNPObjects set to 400
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos ReadIniFile called
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos GetZoneUDNByIndex called with Index = 0 and found UDN = RINCON_5CAAFD596B2A01400
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos GetZoneUDNByIndex called with Index = 0
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos ItemChange called with LinbktableItem = ltiAddBtn and Value = Submit and RowIndex = 0 and CellIndex = 0
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Value = Submit
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Key = AddEntryLinkTableBtn
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Value = AddEntryLinkTableBtn
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Key = id
                  Oct-09 2:07:53 PM Sonos PostBackProc for SonosControl called with page = SonosConfig and data = &id=AddEntryLinkTableBtn&AddEntryLinkTableBtn=Submit and user = default and userRights = 6
                  Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos DeleteIniSection called with section = TTSSpeakDevice and FileName = Sonos.ini
                  Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos INIT: MaxNbrOfUPNPObjects set to 400
                  Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos ReadIniFile called
                  Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Value = myLinkgroupSlide_name_open
                  Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos postBackProc for SonosControl found Key = myLinkTableSlide
                  Oct-09 2:07:51 PM Sonos PostBackProc for SonosControl called with page = SonosConfig and data = myLinkTableSlide=myLinkgroupSlide_name_open and user = default and userRights = 6
                  Oct-09 2:07:44 PM Sonos GetPagePlugin for SonosControl called with pageName = SonosConfig and user = default and userRights = 6 and queryString =
                  Oct-09 2:07:44 PM Sonos hspi.GetPagePlugin called for instance = and pageName = SonosConfig and user = default and userRights = 6 and queryString =
                  Oct-09 2:06:59 PM Sonos DeleteIniSection called with section = TTSSpeakDevice and FileName = Sonos.ini
                  Oct-09 2:06:59 PM Sonos INIT: MaxNbrOfUPNPObjects set to 400
                  Oct-09 2:06:59 PM Sonos ReadIniFile called
                  Very strange. No error what so ever. I need to look at the code tonight if I can see something that might explain this.

In the mean time, let's go back to history:

1/ can you confirm you installed this PI from the installer or was it a cut/paste backup/restore from another set up?
                  2/ can you confirm that you didn't make any changes to the sonos.ini file nor delete Sonos players or anything else from the HS devices page.
                  3/ anything special that you may have done that could have caused this?

Could you post your sonos.ini file as well.

If for any reason you didn't use the installer to get to where you are, just use the installer, and take the version in the beta section of the installer. Never delete anything manually as it may cause inconsistencies between the HS database and the PI database. In case of doubt, stop HS3 completely, delete the Sonos.ini file and restart HS3. That should clean up all inconsistencies BUT will also hose up any of your events etc so don't do that lightly.

Can't see the top of the config page but you should turn the "immediate update flag" of and go for a periodic updates say at 2am.

Is the "Proxy" flag on? Maybe a screenshot of the top of your config page.

Dirk

Comment

In the mean time, let's go back to history:

1/ can you confirm you installed this PI from the installer or was it a cut/paste backup/restore from another set up?
                    I installed this Plugin from the Beta section from the Plugin>Manage screen. I always make sure to disable the plugin first and then click the Download and update button after, then re-enable the plugin. I haven't had the need yet to restore from a backup.

2/ can you confirm that you didn't make any changes to the sonos.ini file nor delete Sonos players or anything else from the HS devices page.
                    I did not make any changes to the sonos.ini file, delete Sonos players or anything else from the HS device web page.

3/ anything special that you may have done that could have caused this?
                    The only thing that I've done recently other than update to HS3 .372 Beta was to make a change to Edit the below file:
                    /HomeSeer HS3/html/css/Custom.css and add the below lines:
                    /* selector pop-up layout */
                    .selectorleft {min-width:200px; width:auto;}
                    .selectorright {min-width:200px; width:auto;}

Could you post your sonos.ini file as well.
                    Will post it for you tonight.

In case of doubt, stop HS3 completely, delete the Sonos.ini file and restart HS3. That should clean up all inconsistencies BUT will also hose up any of your events etc so don't do that lightly.
                    Because I've recently installed this plugin, I haven't had time to create any events yet, just have created the DB and have an HSTouch screen. Creating the LinkGroups was going to be my first attempt at creating events for announcements. So I should be ok deleting this file then, correct?
                    Also, I've seen some posts about the beta version of HS3 that they are trying to move away from .ini files from plugins? Could the problem be from the new HS3 beta? I think Randy is testing out the HS3 beta and has your plugin too, maybe because he had his setup already before he moved to the HS3 beta it worked for him??

Can't see the top of the config page but you should turn the "immediate update flag" of and go for a periodic updates say at 2am.
                    Ok, just made that change. Is the time in 24hr format? Not sure if mine is set to 2:10 AM or PM?

Is the "Proxy" flag on? Maybe a screenshot of the top of your config page.
                    Yes, it is checked. Also: Forward when no match & both boxes next to Max announcement time are both set to 100.
                    Plugin's:

Comment

I I think Randy is testing out the HS3 beta and has your plugin too, maybe because he had his setup already before he moved to the HS3 beta it worked for him??
                      I am running HS 3.0.0.372 and Sonos 3.1.0.22 without a problem. For the record Rich has rewritten the ini handling because of intermittent corruption. Through 3.0.0.372 he addressed some ini issues that were introduced with the rewrite. As far as I know there is no effort to get away from ini files, just to make them durable.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I installed this Plugin from the Beta section from the Plugin>Manage screen. I always make sure to disable the plugin first and then click the Download and update button after, then re-enable the plugin. I haven't had the need yet to restore from a backup.

I did not make any changes to the sonos.ini file, delete Sonos players or anything else from the HS device web page.

The only thing that I've done recently other than update to HS3 .372 Beta was to make a change to Edit the below file:
                        /HomeSeer HS3/html/css/Custom.css and add the below lines:
                        /* selector pop-up layout */
                        .selectorleft {min-width:200px; width:auto;}
                        .selectorright {min-width:200px; width:auto;}

Will post it for you tonight.

Because I've recently installed this plugin, I haven't had time to create any events yet, just have created the DB and have an HSTouch screen. Creating the LinkGroups was going to be my first attempt at creating events for announcements. So I should be ok deleting this file then, correct?
                        Also, I've seen some posts about the beta version of HS3 that they are trying to move away from .ini files from plugins? Could the problem be from the new HS3 beta? I think Randy is testing out the HS3 beta and has your plugin too, maybe because he had his setup already before he moved to the HS3 beta it worked for him??

Ok, just made that change. Is the time in 24hr format? Not sure if mine is set to 2:10 AM or PM?

Yes, it is checked. Also: Forward when no match & both boxes next to Max announcement time are both set to 100.
                        Can't see anything with the code that could explain an issue EXCEPT if there is a problem with the ini file treatment in latest HS3 version. Clicking the add button is a few lines of code which makes one change to the .ini file. Will be needing that .ini file to see if I can see anything wrong with it.

Dirk

Comment

Can't see anything with the code that could explain an issue EXCEPT if there is a problem with the ini file treatment in latest HS3 version. Clicking the add button is a few lines of code which makes one change to the .ini file. Will be needing that .ini file to see if I can see anything wrong with it.

Dirk
                          Hi Dirk, my apologies for the delay in getting this file to you. See attached sonos.ini file.
                          Attached Files
                          Plugin's:

Comment

Hi Dirk, my apologies for the delay in getting this file to you. See attached sonos.ini file.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the .ini file. Could you stop HS3 and add manually the following lines to your sonos.ini file.

[LinkgroupNames]
                            Names=NewTableEntry1
                            [LinkgroupZoneSource]
                            NewTableEntry1=RINCON_5CAAFD596B2A01400;0

Then start HS3 again and go to the Sonos config page. Do you now see the NewTableEntry1? Can you now edit it, add entries?

Dirk

Comment

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the .ini file. Could you stop HS3 and add manually the following lines to your sonos.ini file.

[LinkgroupNames]
                              Names=NewTableEntry1
                              [LinkgroupZoneSource]
                              NewTableEntry1=RINCON_5CAAFD596B2A01400;0

Then start HS3 again and go to the Sonos config page. Do you now see the NewTableEntry1? Can you now edit it, add entries?

Dirk
                              Hello Dirk,
                              I just added those four lines to the sonos.ini file and it did have the new entry in the table.
                              Attached Files
                              Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                              X