Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    Hello Dirk,
    I just added those four lines to the sonos.ini file and it did have the new entry in the table.
    ...... so ....... does it work ? Can you add more entries now? If you make changes to this one entry, to they stay or do you lose them?

Comment

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

BIZARRE !!!
        Any errors in the log file when you click the delete button?

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          BIZARRE !!!

I turned on the debug log flag and tried to delete it again, posting it for you below:
          Oct-11 9:45:20 PM SonosBuildButtonStringRef Found LinkgroupZoneSource = NewTableEntry2
          Oct-11 9:45:20 PM SonosBuildButtonStringRef Found LinkgroupZoneSource = FamilyRoom
          Oct-11 9:45:20 PM SonosDeleteIniSection called with section = TTSSpeakDevice and FileName = Sonos.ini
          Oct-11 9:45:20 PM SonosINIT: MaxNbrOfUPNPObjects set to 400
          Oct-11 9:45:20 PM SonosReadIniFile called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Plugin's:

Comment

BIZARRE !!!
            Plugin's:

Comment

It is something with the ini file so it is indeed either something with the HS version, .net version, position of the stars, solar eclips ...... but deleting the PI and re-installing won't make a difference. If there is something with the .ini file structure, just deleting that would be something to try but I think you already tried that. So I would start by going to .375 but I read some concerning things, which makes me wonder whether you should go back to (was it) 368.

I think you already know, but only delete or edit .ini files when HS3 is stopped (because it caches it)

Dirk

Comment

Linkgroup Configuration Table - Unable to add entry

It is something with the ini file so it is indeed either something with the HS version, .net version, position of the stars, solar eclips ...... but deleting the PI and re-installing won't make a difference. If there is something with the .ini file structure, just deleting that would be something to try but I think you already tried that. So I would start by going to .375 but I read some concerning things, which makes me wonder whether you should go back to (was it) 368.

I think you already know, but only delete or edit .ini files when HS3 is stopped (because it caches it)

Dirk
                Last edited by The Profit; October 12, 2017, 12:24 AM.
                Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                  I have not tried deleting the Sonos.ini file....so the procedure for that would be to shut down HS3, delete Sonos.ini and then restart HS3?
                  Correct. I thought you already tried that. If not, highly recommended to rule out anything fishy in the ini file that's I'm not seeing. There were times that a blank here or there would signal the end of a section or a file and bad things would happen but that is a LOOOONNNNNGGGG time ago.

Dirk

Comment

Linkgroup Configuration Table - Unable to add entry

Correct. I thought you already tried that. If not, highly recommended to rule out anything fishy in the ini file that's I'm not seeing. There were times that a blank here or there would signal the end of a section or a file and bad things would happen but that is a LOOOONNNNNGGGG time ago.

Dirk

Ok, I shut down HS3, deleted the Sonos.ini file and restarted HS3.....the manual linkgroup that you had me create was gone as expected, I tried to create a new one and had the same issue. So....is an update to HS3 .37? my best next step?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by The Profit; October 12, 2017, 10:36 AM.
                    Plugin's:

Comment

Dirk
                      Plugin's:

Comment

That is exactly what was happening. Can you delete entries now?

Comment

Plugin's:

Comment

Dirk, just want to say thank you for your help resolving the issue I had....and thank you for all the work you do to keep our homes automated with great music!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                            X