No announcement yet.

401 Unauthorized error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No progress yet on this. It seems to invalidate the token too fast no matter what I do.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      No progress yet on this. It seems to invalidate the token too fast no matter what I do.
      Blade, reading between the lines on other systems that have added ring support such as HomeAssistant https://github.com/home-assistant/ho...sensor/ring.py a common theme seems to be logging in resets the token.

I strongly suspect you need to create a pipelined HTTP session, login, get the token, and do additional requests over the same connection. You use the token on those additional requests of course. Once the connection terminates for any reason, the token is invalidated. Also make sure no request authenticates during the pipeline, if it does a new token would be issued and any pending pipelined requests would fail.

Comment

Hi Blade,

Any progress on this plug-in? Do you think you will able to get it to work again?

Thanks,
        AJ

Comment

I still need to get to this - I just have not had time yet
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

FWIW - I've had this installed since the beginning (updated as available). I don't really use it for anything but have a couple of test events, one for motion and one for ring. These always trigger correctly. The activity page is always blank however.

Comment

I would love to have this plugin fixed, more sensors is always welcome!

Comment

Working...
              X