Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get zone info into email or text msg when alarm tripped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get zone info into email or text msg when alarm tripped?

If I setup an Event to fire when In Alarm and I have it send me an email or text message, can I get the zone information included in the email? Similar to what Envisalink provides from their website when the alarm trips? Thanks.

not sure, I would need to see your debug logs when the alarm trips.

also, what is the root device status when the alarm trips? Does it show some info about the faulted zone?

Comment

I am replacing my ademco alarm with a dsc system so I will post any questions to the dsc forum area, thanks.

Comment

Is there any new update for this feature? I found it's very useful if I can get the Zone information on the email body. Can we use the variable name as the zone information in the email body?

Comment

As I said I would need to see some debug logs when the alarm goes on to see what information is available. Unfortunately I don't have an Ademco panel to test with, so could you try to capture and send me those logs?

also when the alarm trips, what is the root device status? does any of the zone device shows as "Opened"?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            As I said I would need to see some debug logs when the alarm goes on to see what information is available. Unfortunately I don't have an Ademco panel to test with, so could you try to capture and send me those logs?

also when the alarm trips, what is the root device status? does any of the zone device shows as "Opened"?
            I know this is old, but I'm interested in the same thing. The root device shows which zones are opened. But it rotates through them every few seconds if more than one is opened. So it isn't reliable to use that status for this purpose.

I think it would be easy enough to grab the name of every device that has a status of "open" and dump it into a variable. I'm playing with VBScript to see if I can do this.

Comment

Ok, so I came up with a script that goes through all of the open Envisalink devices and e-mails me a list. The email format is a little funny because I'm doing e-mail to SMS. I left the subject and body as variables so you can change them easily if you don't like the format. The script assumes that there are devices open or the panel isn't ready, you'll have to add conditions in your Homeseer event to handle that.

Change the file extension to .vb and place it in your script directory in HS. Make sure you update the EmailTo variable, you can email multiple addresses by separating them with ; no spaces.
              Attached Files

Comment

This looks like a good solution but can a Homeseer SEL run vb scripts ? if not what would be a good way of getting a list of open zones in an email when an alarm goes off ?

Comment

Originally posted by fleurys View Post
                  This looks like a good solution but can a Homeseer SEL run vb scripts ? if not what would be a good way of getting a list of open zones in an email when an alarm goes off ?
                  I'm not familiar with the Linux version, but I'm sure the script could be adapted for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X