Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Open hs3touch or designer on laptop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Open hs3touch or designer on laptop?

I was able to open both hs3touch and designer after setting up a couple of days ago on my laptop. Tried opening both today and wouldn't open. Said can't connect to homeseer server. I have an android client that connects fine. Wifi is good. Again this worked the other day on my laptop but not now. Haven't a clue. Android and kindle fire clients connect to server fine. Any help is much appreciated....Rick

Get an RJ45 cable and directly connect your laptop to the router and see what happens. If everything is well then it's to do with your WiFi settings. The designer works well when connected directly.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I have a microsoft surface laptop and it has no hardwire ethernet port (connector). The point is this worked several days ago and now can't open windows hs3 touch client on laptop or hs3touch designer. Only thing I can think of is that lattest windows 10 update has messed with these two programs? Maybe some kind of security issue but windows 10 isn't giving me any clues on what the issue is (security, etc.). Further help is much appreciated...Rick

Comment

Right-click the icons and run as administrator and or set their properties to administer priviilages.

Eman.

Comment

Thanks Eman,

What icons are you referring to? I'm not able to connect to homeseer server on windows 10 laptop today and I was able to a few days ago? My wifi is perfectly fine as I have three android clients that connect just fine. Do I need to close all other clients when working with windows client and windows hs3touch client/designer? I wouldn't think so. Thanks much for your continued help !!!!! Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
            Thanks Eman,

What icons are you referring to? I'm not able to connect to homeseer server on windows 10 laptop today and I was able to a few days ago? My wifi is perfectly fine as I have three android clients that connect just fine. Do I need to close all other clients when working with windows client and windows hs3touch client/designer? I wouldn't think so. Thanks much for your continued help !!!!! Rick
            How are you connecting? Using a myHomeSeer account or a direct connect?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have tried both ways with no success. The puzzling part is that all of this worked the other day. I know windows has updated itself since I successfully accessed hs3touch and the designer and I'm thinking this might have something to do with the problem but not sure why. I noticed when the connection fails it says unable to connect to
              192.xxx.x.xx:1020070. When it goes to the setup popup window the connection port is 10200. Not sure if this port difference means anything but wouldn't think so. Maybe windows is blocking access to server because of a security check related to new update but not sure how to correct it? Thanks for yoir help in advance....Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                Thanks Eman,

Because you mentioned Windows 10. So I thought HSTouch software not running. But if Rupp can't you, then go here :https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184726

You will see some topics I posted about HSTouch.

Eman.

Comment

I can't get hs3touch or designer to login to homeseer server using homeseer server ip address on windows 10. In the threads you posted people were having problems with ios and android clients but windows worked ok. Again I have to reiterate it all worked a couple of days ago when I first set up everything but not now? Very frustrated at this point. Is this an administrator or security issue with windows 10 after windows 10 updated or is it an issue with hs3touch and designer? Thanks for your continued help...Rick

Comment

Does it really say port 1020070? Thats never going to work; port number is only 16 bits long so the largest possible value is 65535.

HSTouch does use port 10200, so I'd suspect that you fat-fingered an extra 70 into a form field somewhere.

Comment

I finally figured out what was going on. My homeseer server ip address changed for some reason? What threw me off was that my android clients were connecting thru myhomeseer at the previous address of the homeseer server successfuly? I guess when the connection is made through myhomeseer that ip address internally doesn't matter although it did say it was connecting to old previous homeseer ip address.

The issue I have now is that my weather and climate screens show great as well as my foscam camera screens (including pan/tilt) but my device screen items don't show properly, I think mainly because I am unable to scroll to see all my devices when they take up more than one page. I am using a microsoft surface laptop and not sure if it is an issue with laptop and windows client or homeseer touch/designer. Scrolling works fine on android clients but not on microsoft surface laptop/windows client for some reason. Maybe it is version of hstouch windows client/designer I am using. Again any help on this is much appreciated...Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X