Tabletop Touchscreen v2 Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the discussion of improvements for the next version is bogged down in the announcement thread, I thought I'd start a new one.

I know it was mentioned HS might be willing to make a better version with more features if there was demand for it, so what improvements would everyone like.

I'm curious if they could implement any of these three features and what the increased cost would be.

1) Better screen resolution. Give it more clarity and pixels to work with.
    2) Camera. It doesn't have to be fantastic, but something that an app could use for basic security monitoring.
    3) Proximity sensor. People are trying to figure out how to dim it or shut it off and wake it up. It would be great if it would go to sleep and wake up when you waved your hand close to it if you so desired. Perfect for at night when you are asleep and want the screen off but could wake it up with the wave of your hand.

I think they did a great job with the current form factor and price point so I'd be curious to see how much more they could do without sending the price too high.

Definitely better screen res. I'd like it to double as a digital picture frame / clock (using something like dayframe) when not in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
      Definitely better screen res. I'd like it to double as a digital picture frame / clock (using something like dayframe) when not in use.
      +1 I have one and think it is a very nice device, but I'd definitely pay $50 more for a nicer screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
        I'm already using the current model as a clock. It stays on the clock all day. When I touch the clock it goes to the Main menu page. After 5 minutes of inactivity it goes back to the clock.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
        X