some questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some questions...

I'm trying out BLSpeech with BLRussound and it's working great, but I have a few questions:

1) What is the difference between "speakers" and "Zones". Are Speakers specific 'zones' in the russound, and then you can take those and group multiples of those to make "Zones"?

For instance, I have 6 zones in Russound. So I can make a "speaker" for "Foyer", which is zone 2 in my Russound. Then, I can add more "speakers" for Living room, hallway and kitchen (for instance). I can then add all 4 of those "speakers" to a "Zone" called "Common areas"?

I think because the russound has "zones" in and of itself, it is a bit confusing. However, I think I have it correct above?

2) Where is the "voices" config? It is missing from my screen. How can I set the short names for voices or am I missing something?

Sorry, don't know how I missed this yesterday.

Speakers and zones in BLSpeech are not directly related to Russound zones. A Russound zone would be assigned as a BLSpeech speaker. Then in BLSpeech you can create groups called zones which can contain any combination of BLSpeech speakers. like all of your Russound zones on the first floor could be in a first floor zone. All of the speakers on the top floor could be in a top floor zone and all of the speakers inside could be in an inside zone.

Here's a shot of my kitchen Russound zone. Notice how it's called Kitchen as the name. That means to call that Russound zone with a special tag I would use speaker=kitchen. But note too how under assigned zones it has a few. So I could call it and every other Russound zone in the same BLSpeech zone with the special tag zone=Upstairs and so on.

Make sense?

I have only ever used one voice but I believe that tag gives you access to all of the voices available to speaker.exe. So there is no configuration for that in the plugin.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by S-F; February 19, 2016, 08:09 AM.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      I have only ever used one voice but I believe that tag gives you access to all of the voices available to speaker.exe. So there is no configuration for that in the plugin.
      No problem as I'm in no rush as I am hesitant to spend almost $50 on a voice...LOL.

However, in the video overview, there is a voices section in the options where you give the voice short names. I was just gonna play around with it since I have the 3 default voices that comes with windows. I'm unsure how to reference the voices.

Comment

Voices in BLSpeech used a Microsoft dll which will not work in linux so I had to remove it in order to make it compatible on both Windows and Linux

I believe if you use the TTS voice tags in the speech it should work

Example:

Code:
        hs.Speak("<voice required='Name=Microsoft Mary'>Testing text to speech.</voice>", True)
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
        X