TTS delayed until next announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS delayed until next announcement

I'm occasionally experiencing no announcement when there should be and the next time there is an announcement the previous skipped TTS is played. So for example I came home last night and the greeting TTS wasn't played. The log says the event ran but showed no speaking. Then this morning instead of my morning announcement I heard the greeting from last night. The log showes the morning announcement event running and the entry TTS speaking. It happens intermittently. Maybe once every day or so. Otherwise all of rhe other BLSpeech/BLRussound bugs mitht be fixed for me.

Anyone else?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Originally posted by S-F View Post
    I'm occasionally experiencing no announcement when there should be and the next time there is an announcement the previous skipped TTS is played. So for example I came home last night and the greeting TTS wasn't played. The log says the event ran but showed no speaking. Then this morning instead of my morning announcement I heard the greeting from last night. The log showes the morning announcement event running and the entry TTS speaking. It happens intermittently. Maybe once every day or so. Otherwise all of rhe other BLSpeech/BLRussound bugs mitht be fixed for me.

Anyone else?
    Yes I have seen this too and have been trying to catch it in a debug log but have not been able to yet.
    If u capture it let me know
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      Yes I have seen this too and have been trying to catch it in a debug log but have not been able to yet.
      If u capture it let me know
      It will be easier to catch the second part as the lack of TTS the first time around should be a clue to turn debug logging on but, as with all intermittent issues, the former is difficult to catch.

It's good to know I'm not the only one!

Comment

I was getting this to the extreme. I would sometimes get 4-5 announcements back up and then run all at once. I haven't noticed it that much since the last update, but I think I did experience 1 delayed last night. I wasn't paying that much attention, so either it was a delayed event or my lock sent the "unlocked by code" more than once (which does happen on occasion and causes the "Welcome home, Frank" announcement to run twice in a row).

Comment

I have captured the 2nd part in a debug log but it is the first part I want to see because it is somehow not getting queued to speak (which is odd)
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

This happened to me also. Emailed the log. Sorry it is so big.

Michael
            HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
            Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
            BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Yep it just happened to me again - this one is a sneaky one
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

When I'm not home or I'm in bed and someone opens the door to the room where all of my high tech stuff lives HS3 loudly swears at the intruder and demands to know what they're doing in there. Apparently this one got skipped the other day and the announcement was instead given to my Mrs. when she entered later in the day.

Woops

Comment

I'm trialling BLSpeech at the moment and have seen this same behaviour. The event that triggered t for me was a chain of 3 events - a speak, device action then another speak.
                  Could be that its not handling buffering another speak whilst the first one is still playing?

I have debug log ticked but where is the log actually written - can't find it on my system.. ???

Also having the issue where not all zones are returning to the previous state (CAV66) - some are being left on, some are off but still set to the announcement source. Seems possibly related to the same event chain sequence above - if I remove the second speak in the event, things seem to work better (both issues)

Regards,
                  Geoff

Comment

Yes I have seen this too. I am away right now but I will get to the bottom of this one once I am back from vacation. I have seen it happen about 5 times now at home.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by geodementia View Post

I have debug log ticked but where is the log actually written - can't find it on my system.. ???
                      It's located in the root of your HS3 folder. C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\BLSpeech-Detailed.txt

Please, please, PLEASE capture a debug log of the first part, where the message isn't played! If you can. We're all working for that one log. It's just so intermittent that getting the first part logged is hard. Also, if you're keeping debug logging on all the time keep an eye on that log file. They can get HUGE and FAST!

Comment

Cool - found the log file, yeah pretty big :-) OK I will do some testing here and see if I can get a reproducer. Might need to wait until the other half is out like I did the other day and re-instate the event config that seemed to trigger both problems.

Geoff

Comment

OK - lets hope this lot helps. I just ran 6 tests and reproduced BOTH issues as follows....
                          Attached zip contains the png captures described below plus separate BLSpeech debug log for each test.

For all tests I sent speech output to my area 'Inside' which consists of 3 russound zones. Before each test I reset the starting state so that each of the 3 zones was OFF, set to source MP3 Library (russound source #1) - see blspeech-test-1-1

For tests 1-3 the event configured as shown in blspeech_event1.png was used, the results were:
                          Test 1 - all audio was played correctly, however for each test the zone state was left as shown in blspeech-test1-2, blspeech-test2-2 and blspeech-test3-2. Some of the zones did turn off and miss some of the audio part way through - suspect timing of the play/wait/play sequence.

For tests 4-6 the event configured as shown in blspeech_event2.png was used, triggering the play of WeatherXML forecast speech device between two normal speak events. this one caught the interesting one....
                          Test 4 played "Test 1 2 3" followed by "Final 7 8 9" followed by the weather, and the "Ending up" was not played. (7 8 9 was from test 3!). Zone final state as per blspeech-test4-2

Test 5 played "Ending up" followed by "Test 123" followed by the forecast, but again with no 'ending up' at the end. Zone final state as per blspeech-test5-2

Test 6 played "Test 123" followed by "Ending up" followed by the forecast, and all zones were left in the original state.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Try out 2.0.59 in the HS3 updater
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Blade,

With .59 I have not had any hold overs (missed and played later) so far, but do have incomplete plays. The Russound will turn on, move to the correct source, I hear maybe 1 word, then then music and it shuts off. Trying to capture in a log.

Not sure if others have the same issue.
                              HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                              Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                              BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                              X