Ring Pro and BLRing plug-in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring Pro and BLRing plug-in?

Before I buy it.... Anyone have experience with the new Ring pro and the BLRing plug-in ?

It quit working for me a couple of weeks ago.
    I posted in Blades forum for this plugin last week, and have not received a reply.
    I know he has had some personal 'stuff' going on.

Comment

My Ring doorbell died on me (can anything else go wrong right now)

They are sending me a new one in the mail so as soon as I get it back and I can access my development machine in my office, I will test it out.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Comment

Same thing- no activity

Hi, no activity shows up and I can't use the device to setup events... Nothing shows up. A token was created and that part works- but nothing else.

Comment

Yes Ring has changed something which has stopped the API calls I was using from working.
            I am still investigating a solution.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Thanks, Blade! Keep up the great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                Yes Ring has changed something which has stopped the API calls I was using from working.
                I am still investigating a solution.
                Thanks Blade. I just got the plugin and want to buy it but I can't even try it in a trial because it's broken. No big deal but I appreciate you're help in getting it to work again soon 👍

Comment

Has this integration been fixed? Looking to buy a Ring but only if I know I can get this plugin to work.

Comment

I have not yet - I am thinking of releasing the source code to someone who wants to fix it.
                    Only stipulation is that it remain free.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Blade, Im open to taking a pass at it. Ill send you any changes to republish...

Comment

Shoot me an email (blade9123 at gmail dot com)
                        It is Thanksgiving weekend here but I will try and zip it up this weekend and give you a link to it so you can play around with it
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Hey Blade, I'm open to taking a crack at the source too. I'm in the midst of a cross country move, so time is limited, but maybe I can collaborate with @bsobel. I'll send you an email.
                          HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                            Hey Blade, I'm open to taking a crack at the source too. I'm in the midst of a cross country move, so time is limited, but maybe I can collaborate with @bsobel. I'll send you an email.
                            Drop me an PM. I am on VS Mac which is not happy with the VB projects at the moment. I sent Bob a couple changes to make from my code review, but if you are up on VS PC and Bob sent you the code, I can send you the changes as well.

Bill

Comment

I posted a new build - try out and let me know if it is working
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X