Computer Interaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Interaction

Are you using Windows? If so EventGhost and the HS plugin can do what you're after.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Another possible option (also if both PC's run Windows) is to use my Tray control application which has the ability to monitor the PC's activity/inactivity (Keyboard & Mouse sensor) with definable time delay via a virtual device.
      Jon

Comment

Update

Alright, I used Jon00's TrayControl, but there's a problem. I tried two different Virtual KBM programs, Synergy, and I think ShareMouse. They always trigger activity on the host machine (The one actually running the mouse). I'm thinking maybe this will work with a 3rd device as the host. So.. I guess I need something small and running win7 embedded.

Comment

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147334
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
              I’ve ran into another question. 1) how do you start and kill a task using Homeseer in a remote computer? I use XLink Kai when I play my original Xbox Mechassault game. I actually have the command (taskkill.exe /f /im kaiEngine.exe), And it worked on the hometroller box, but now I’m on a remote computer and would like to automate the process. Also, the command I used on the hometroller box works on 32 bit OS, but it apparently doesn’t work on 64 bit OS. Ideas?
              Yes. Jon00's RCCMN script does this for me. For example, I have HS kill Firefox, my Kinect plugin instance and my jon00 WinAmp plugin instance on my desktop and then hibernate it when I leave home or go to bed. When I get up or come home it wakes my desktop and then fires up Firefox, the Kinect instance and the WinAmp client. Super cool stuff right there.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Winamp is a media player which is now quite old but still has a loyal following. I wrote a plugin for it last year which SF uses: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180949
                    Jon

Comment

WinAmp is my preferred method of playing music. It is a Windows utility. I've been using it from going on two decades. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm not a saved playlist kinda guy. I create playlists dynamically on the fly and WinAmp makes this dead simple. It also has a pretty nice Android remote control called aWARemote so if I'm out back or some such I can whip out the phone and play music, add to the play list, rearrange the playlist and whatnot.

Comment

Comment

My desktop monitor is plugged into a Z-Wave outlet. HS turns the outlet off when I leave the house, go outside or go to bed and turns it on for the reverse. I'm not sure if that would work for a TV though.

Comment

Comment

I also use jon00's RCCMN to sleep and wake the PC when coming/going, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X