Insteon Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Groups

Got this working last night and it is awesome! Can't wait to see it evolve, but now I don't need an Ineston Hub as a duplicate controller!

OK, that said, I'd like to add insteon groups to the wish list. They control on/off dim like devices, but don't show up like regular devices I guess. I'd love for them to be discovered by Echo. I'm using the Echo groups for now an they work, but

1- I have to re-define all my groups
    2- They trigger the devices one at a time rather than all at once.

I know that I can create a virtual device, but then I have to maintain two event (one for on and one for off) for each virtual device. I wish you could mirror one device to another.

Anyway, this is so awesome, Thanks!

You set up your device groups within the echo software.
    See screenshot. This also allows you to create aliases for devices names.

For instance: Kitchen light or Kitchen overhead light

and have them point to the same device.
    Attached Files
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Now in the example above i am linked directly to my insteon HUB (for now) but it works the same if you connect to HomeSeer.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

The echo groups is what I am doing, but it causes the two issues I point out above. I have to define my groups twice and when activated all devices don't trigger at the same time like an Insteon group.

Not the end of the world, but much easier if the Insteon groups just showed up.....

Comment

Agree with this post. In addition to the comments mentioned already, it also doesn't do the dim/on/off for the group/scene. It would be nice if the group could look like a normal device. Honestly, I haven't tried this, but from this post, I am assuming it doesn't work. I wonder what settings on the device are required for these group devices to be detectable to Alexa?
          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
          Web Site
          YouTube Channel

Comment

I'm using the ISY plugin and my insteon scenes are recognized by the Echo (before the API broke yesterday). I have lots of 3 way and 4 way switches with keypads and I control them
            with scenes to keep the keypads and LED's on the switches in sync. I did rename them to make them more user friendly.

Comment

Working...
            X