DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
    I recently installed the DoorBird plugin and all is working well except when I get a notification pushed to my phone I get an error message that the audio channel is busy.

I also recently installed a new wireless router.

I don't see any other video streams in use, just the push of static images for your plugin.

This problem is recent, it worked fine before the plugin and router.

Do I need to open a specific port in my wireless router?

I asked DoorBird for help and got nowhere.
    I don't think that there is a specific port to open (it is on port 80) as the audio stream comes across the http calls to /audio-receive.cgi and /audio-transmit.cgi. What I can say is that I don't do anything with the audio in the plugin, nothing at all whatsoever so the plugin can't be opening an audio channel and blocking it.

If you disable the plugin and restart the DoorBird (just to shed any connections that may still be open for some reason) does it still exhibit the same behaviour? That should narrow it down to router or plugin.

Comment

I disabled your plugin then restarted DoorBird unit by removing power, still same error. I then disabled the only other plugin being used with DoorBird (ImperiHome), restarted and still the same.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Are you using blueIris?

Comment

I disabled your plugin then restarted DoorBird unit by removing power, still same error. I then disabled the only other plugin being used with DoorBird (ImperiHome), restarted and still the same.

Any suggestions?
          So the error you are getting is it from the app and when you try and open the audio it is saying the audio channel is busy? Does the camera stream work OK and things like the IR LED's?

Comment

I got the same error when enabling audio in BlueIris. for some reason the app didn't preempt the blueIris connection. I suspect that this has nothing to do with the homeseer plugin

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
              I got the same error when enabling audio in BlueIris. for some reason the app didn't preempt the blueIris connection. I suspect that this has nothing to do with the homeseer plugin
              I am not using BlueIris.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                So the error you are getting is it from the app and when you try and open the audio it is saying the audio channel is busy? Does the camera stream work OK and things like the IR LED's?
                I get the error when using my cell phone on the LTE connection and get a call from the unit. First push of talk button on cell works for about 10 seconds before error pops up. Subsequent pushes of talk button pops up error message immediately.

Seems to work fine from local tablets on wifi with DoorBird app (I quit app when finished so they should not be streaming).
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Planetview; August 24, 2017, 08:43 PM. Reason: Try to add screen shots of error but not working?

Comment

I get the error when using my cell phone on the LTE connection and get a call from the unit. First push of talk button on cell works for about 10 seconds before error pops up. Subsequent pushes of talk button pops up error message immediately.

Seems to work fine from local tablets on wifi with DoorBird app (I quit app when finished so they should not be streaming).
                  One image posted with error was using WiFi and the other was LTE.

Comment

I'm afraid I am a bit stuck as I don't know much about the inner workings of the DoorBird with respect to the audio. If it works for ten seconds and then fails I really don't know what could be wrong, when you get the error if you close completely and go back in does it give you another ten seconds or does it instantly block again?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                      I'm afraid I am a bit stuck as I don't know much about the inner workings of the DoorBird with respect to the audio. If it works for ten seconds and then fails I really don't know what could be wrong, when you get the error if you close completely and go back in does it give you another ten seconds or does it instantly block again?
                      Seems to give another 10 seconds if I quit out of app, otherwise it gives error right after using speaker button in DoorBird app for multiple attempts.

Comment

Seems to give another 10 seconds if I quit out of app, otherwise it gives error right after using speaker button in DoorBird app for multiple attempts.
                        I think unfortunately I am at the limits of my knowledge, I am reasonably certain that it is nothing to do with the plugin and potentially something to do with the audio protocol which I don't do anything with inside the plugin. I would be tempted to look at the wireless router, even though the ports are fairly standard I wonder if there is some sort of protocol blocking on the firewall or something?

Comment

Seem to get a 5 minute EXACTLY disconnection daily using doorbird plugin... anybody else seeing this in the log?

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                            Seem to get a 5 minute EXACTLY disconnection daily using doorbird plugin... anybody else seeing this in the log?
                            I am afraid it is a bit of an issue with the DoorBird device, it appears to go offline for a time in the day and there is not a great deal I can do about it. I did ask DoorBird about this but does not look like I kept the email.

If you look at post #71 in this thread I wrote "they do enforce a restart every 24hrs and I think this must've been when it restarted" and having checked the code I do check every five minutes whether or not the plugin is still able to talk to the DoorBird. I think in the next version I will drop this to a minute because what is happening is that it is missing a ping and then because it's next check is five minutes later it appears as though it has been down for five minutes when in reality it was likely only down for one minute and had been back online for four minutes.

As you can see there is no reasoning behind what time in the day it decides to do a restart.
                            Last edited by mrhappy; January 14, 2018, 02:27 AM.

Comment

I can confirm, had the doorbird on my desk for testing a couple of weeks.

Every day it disconnects at in my case 3pm and after 1-2 minutes it says it successfully connected to the internet. And it's operational again. During the reset, no audio, video or notifications.

I am wondering if the time of reset is related to the initial power up. I would love to be able to control it and change it to 3am. I noticed that at 3am we have a lot less people ringing our doorbell 😁

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
                                I can confirm, had the doorbird on my desk for testing a couple of weeks.

Every day it disconnects at in my case 3pm and after 1-2 minutes it says it successfully connected to the internet. And it's operational again. During the reset, no audio, video or notifications.

I am wondering if the time of reset is related to the initial power up. I would love to be able to control it and change it to 3am. I noticed that at 3am we have a lot less people ringing our doorbell 😁
                                Yes I did ask this of DoorBird I remember because having a downtime that is seemingly random does seem to be a little strange (although having it at a precise time may also be problematic because it could be known to persons with dishonest intent and may give them uneven load on their server). It seems odd that it needs it at all from my perspective as it appears well designed and stable, IP cameras and the like seem to be happy to run 24x7 without issue so not sure why this is different.

I can live with it though, I don't get enough visitors to expect someone visit at the precise moment it has rebooted.

Comment

Working...
                                X