DLNA Manager Plug-In Beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
    Did you upgrade from a release pre 1.0.0.15? If so, did you delete all the devices that were created with previous versions and delete the HSPI_DLNA Manager.ini file that you can find in the <HSroot directory>\config? If not, I recommend you to do this. Also if you came from a previous version, you would have to activate the plugin first. Once the plugin is activated, there should be no need to go find the "config" button on the interfaces page, it should be on the top of your HS web page. Is it not there? See my screen capture.
    Upgraded and followed instructions to remove devices/ini file. The link buttons do not appear on any of my HS web pages.

OK, this seems to indicate that the plugin is activated and the config button is now working or not? Maybe a screen shot can help. Assuming the "DLNA Config" button on top of your screen works you should see a screen as attached. The first step you need to do is click on "Add" for those devices that you want HS to control. Once you click "Add", the button for that device should disappear and there should now be a button that allows you to set specific configurations only to this device. The button is "Config". So once you click add, the device is automatically added and activated. If it shows deactivated, it is either because you didn't add it or you deactivated the device in the HS Setup page. So the status should show actived on-line or activated off-line. If off-line, it means that the plugin cannot ping it, so it might have gone off-line since it was discovered and now. The save button is only used when you change the name of the zone and you want to save it.
    Ok, that makes sense but does not seem to match what my DLNA discovered devices show.

I assume the ### of old and new are different or are they the same? Not sure why the discovery would find a different IP address. How frequent do you see this in your log? Every ?? minutes?
    Yes, the ###'s were different with the original (old) ### being the actual ip, and the new is actually always the address of HS on the LAN.

What OS are you running this on?
    XP SP3

What would help is for you to turn the debug flag on in the config page, (see screen capture) and email the log file in a private email.

Sorry for not having found the time to write documentation, it is on my list of things unless there is no interest in the plugin ....

On a different note, how do you like the Kodak EasyShare Digital Picture Frame? I wasn't aware there were DLNA enabled picture frames out there, I'm definitely going to look into this. What was not clear to me, did you get anything to work via the plugin?

Dirk
    The Digital Picture frame works pretty well. It worked a lot better before all the services started shutting down, and of course, there's Kodak filing for bankruptcy. All that put the device in the list of stuff that should be turned over to open source so we can update the firmware and get the stuff that doesn't work replaced with stuff that does.
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
      The link buttons do not appear on any of my HS web pages.
      Wow, that I've not seen at all. You use XP .... is this on a hometroller or something special. I assume you use a regular browser (IE or Firefox). If the link doesn't show up anywhere, how did you know what URL to use? Maybe I misunderstand what wasn't working. Which version of HS are you using?

Yes, the ###'s were different with the original (old) ### being the actual ip, and the new is actually always the address of HS on the LAN.
      Turning on the debug flag and restart HS or wait 10 min should reveal what is happening here. Having that said, this smells very much like what I saw a very long time ago with my Sonos plugin. In XP, when you turn in HS the option "HomeSeer is Discoverable Using UPNP: " to "On", there is definitely some bug where a device somewhere on your network is "echoed" as on your PC (ie with local IP address and local MAC address) during a UPnP discovery. I had it filtered out in my Sonos plug because I know exactly what I was looking for. With this plugin I should be able to discover any device, including those on your local PC, so it might be harder. Check or try something for me. Go to the HS setup page, locate the "HomeSeer is Discoverable Using UPNP: " setting, turn it to off and save it. See if that fixes the problem. Maybe you need to restart HS to make it effective.

Dirk

Comment

Upgraded and followed instructions to remove devices/ini file. The link buttons do not appear on any of my HS web pages.
        Just did a fresh install of v16 on my last remaining XP machine. Installed without a problem, config buttons showing up, devices being discovered properly, adding no problem. It had the "HomeSeer is Discoverable Using UPNP: " still turned off. When I turned it on and restarted HS, I now have periodic errors from HS itself, leaving it run for a while see if the IP address errors start appearing.

Dirk

Comment

So now I check my log file and here's what I see:

DLNA Manager IPAddress for UPnPDevice = [TV]xxLMxx00 has changed. Old = 192.168.1.###. New = 192.168.1.### {-- the address of my HS server}
          Huggy, I can now confirm that this error (and a lot of other bad things) is attributed to some bug in XP, where a discovery of a particular device using UPnP get a response with the local PCs IP/MAC. I'm going to try to build in some protection but for time being turn off the "HS is discoverable via UPnP" in the HS Setup page and restart HS.

Dirk

ps what is the model number of your Kodak picture frame? Is it still for sale?

Comment

Ok, so I stopped the plugin, deleted the .ini and all backup ini files. Installed plugin (it prompted to repair, so I did a repair). Went back into HS and enabled it.

The config button that appears below the green enable button for all other plugins is nice, but it is missing from this one. A couple revisions ago the button appeared and worked, but with x.15 it disappeared.

I use Jon00's links editor so that may be why the buttons do not appear in my screens.

As for the UPnP disabling, I use UltraMon and don't want any events taking action on HS suddenly becoming unavailable via upnp. As a result of the glitchy behavior of how the plugin behaves for the tv (I use an iphone app and it reliably works with the tv -- for testing), the config screen for the tv actually says the tv is owned by homeseer technologies rather than lg.

The one renderer I wanted to use was the tv, but I might be able to use it on the kodak dig pic frame.

Suggestions? Do you have any example script usage or event handling to push stuff out? I'm still trying to figure out how to do something because it does not seem to follow the paths down the various paths. In other words, I have plenty of content providers, but cannot parse down the tree to get to the actual images to push out to renderers.
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

So now I check my log file and here's what I see:

DLNA Manager IPAddress for UPnPDevice = [TV]xxLMxx00 has changed. Old = 192.168.1.###. New = 192.168.1.### {-- the address of my HS server}
              Huggy,

further to discovering this issue, I noted that due to this bug, the whole discovery process took a wrong turn, so I'm afraid you'll have to start over, meaning, while HS is running, delete all devices associated with this plugin, stop HS, delete the HSPI_DLNA Manager.ini file, restart HS (make sure that UPnP discovery is off). I'm already testing a fix for this but investigating the other side effects and see if I can make the plugin more robust before I post a new beta.

Thanks for posting this information and help making this plugin more robust.

Dirk

Comment

New beta v.17 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.17:

• If you are running XP and you have "HS is discoverable via UPnP" set to on in the HS settings, an XP bug is causing the discovery of your devices to show up as local (your HS PC IP address) devices. This beta protects itself against this but you will have to delete all devices that were created by this plugin and delete the HSPI_DLNA Manager.ini file and start HS again.
                • Fixed a bug were the "config" button doesn't show up in the "setup|Interfaces" page.
                • Made some enhancements where "albumart" wouldn't show up in the Status page when you are streaming pictures
                • The playlist functions is still work-in-progress. Currently testing a version (but not part of this) where the albumart/picture would show up as a tumbnail when you are selecting items to be added to your playlist. As a consequence, I need to store more info in the playlist so recreate your previous playlist.
                • I noted a bug in selecting playlists to be loaded, it always reverts to the first one in the list. This still needs to be fixed.

Comment

The config button that appears below the green enable button for all other plugins is nice, but it is missing from this one. A couple revisions ago the button appeared and worked, but with x.15 it disappeared.
                  Posted a new beta, which takes care of this problem. Thanks for discovering that.

Ok, so I stopped the plugin, deleted the .ini and all backup ini files. Installed plugin (it prompted to repair, so I did a repair). Went back into HS and enabled it.
                  Unless you had turned off the UPnP discovery, nothing would have worked. V17 should take care of that, but you'll need to start over. Sorry for that.

I use Jon00's links editor so that may be why the buttons do not appear in my screens.
                  Not familiar with that but it would be a problem because the plugin will create a button for each renderer is discovers. When you click on the button a screen will open that allows you to select a server, than navigate down to content, be it music/pictures or video, add it to a playlist/queue and play that content on this renderer device. I've attached a screenshot what to expect. Note the orange colored buttons at the top of the page, representing access to configuration of the plugin and renderers

As for the UPnP disabling, I use UltraMon and don't want any events taking action on HS suddenly becoming unavailable via upnp. As a result of the glitchy behavior of how the plugin behaves for the tv (I use an iphone app and it reliably works with the tv -- for testing), the config screen for the tv actually says the tv is owned by homeseer technologies rather than lg.
                  The plugin saying it is HS is the side effect of this bug. I read somewhere that HS used this UPnP to make itself discoverable for ??? (don't remember), would be surprise it had an effect on any plugin running on HS, but don't take that for gospel. Turning it on, actually gives (HS) errors on my XP machine, don't even know why. Have it off by default, never saw anything missing or not working.

The one renderer I wanted to use was the tv, but I might be able to use it on the kodak dig pic frame.
                  After installing v17, things should discover properly so let me know how it works ( or not ) on your LG and pic frame. I might buy one of these pic frames if we can make it work and the result is not too shabby.

Suggestions? Do you have any example script usage or event handling to push stuff out? I'm still trying to figure out how to do something because it does not seem to follow the paths down the various paths. In other words, I have plenty of content providers, but cannot parse down the tree to get to the actual images to push out to renderers.
                  Not sure I understand this question so you may want to elaborate. I do intend to add events, so you would be able to create an event, where you select an object or playlist that would be "played" when the event gets triggered. Alternatively, the plugin will be able to generate triggers when things start/stop/pause/vol change etc. Most of that stuff is already in the code and reuse from my other plugin, I haven't gotten around coding up the HS user interface for triggers and actions.

Cheers,

Dirk
                  Attached Files

Comment

Updated to x.17. Stuff actually shows up and trees are capable of being traversed as well (from content providers).

Is there a way to dynamically link up content provider to renderer devices using the plugin without setup->interfaces->plugin config->provider config?

Now I can actually try to do something with it! That said, it looks like I can control tv volume and mute status via a network connection instead of just via IR remote. That's wonderful as I generally use the Pioneer AVR to control master volume but the smart tv output currently only comes out the tv speakers (until I get the signal via either hdmi or optical into the avr).

Edit: The volume controls only appear to affect the dlna rendering, so unless I play something via the dlna interface, the volume appears unaffected.
                    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Updated to x.17. Stuff actually shows up and trees are capable of being traversed as well (from content providers)
                      Excellent! Now we are getting somewhere

Is there a way to dynamically link up content provider to renderer devices using the plugin without setup->interfaces->plugin config->provider config?
                      Could you give me an example of what you want to do, not sure I get what you want to do. I'll be posting the API in the near future so most of this can be scripted, is that what you had in mind? Because this plugin uses the HS music API, a lot of functions will be available as standard functions in HS Touch. Definitely volume/play/start/stop/artwork should work and pretty stable. What doesn't work yet is how to use the embedded HS Touch functions to navigate through the content because I can't find a way to map any content server onto the pre-baked HST navigation logic.

Edit: The volume controls only appear to affect the dlna rendering, so unless I play something via the dlna interface, the volume appears unaffected.
                      Which TV do you have, I believe it is an LG, right? Have a Samsung so don't know how LG has its DLNA control function implemented. This doesn't surprise me, I've noted different behavior in different devices, this is going to be a challenge. Do check whether it is just the plugin not updating its volume or the TV. Go to the setup page and select on the right in the volume pull down something loud or something silent. My Samsung for example seems to allow update on volume, however it is not sending events to the DLNA controller unless it is doing something via that interface. As a side effect, clicking on volume up/down keeps it at the same volume.

The plugin relies on these events to keep track of state, which makes it lot more efficient rather then to continuously poll devices. Having that said, I already coded in a polling for transport state (play/stop/pause) for those devices that have issues with providing proper state (my WD-TV Life gizmo). It would only poll when you are playing off a queue so it isn't that bad, polling all state on that other hand, all the time, concerns me but might be the only way to cover all types of devices and any type of implementation.

How is pic frame doing? If you notice something isn't playing from the queue and appears to be stuck after the first item, it most likely indicates that the device is not returning events. Go to the Plugin config page, click on the config button for that particular device, set the poll flag on and save it. See if that takes care of business

Dirk

Comment

New beta v.18 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.18:

• Added flag to poll renderer devices for volume/mute
                        • Fixed loading/selecting playlist in the device config page
                        • Added more info the playlists so you probably will have to re-create them
                        • Added support for a Sony Network Media Player SMP-N200, including a remote control function
                        • Create a first rendition of a help file. Click on the "Help" button top HS screen to open the help file

Comment

Sony BluRay

I installed v18 to check out the sony controller. I ran the search, but it did not add add my Sony BluRay to the devices table. The BluRay does however show up in the log. What am I doing wrong.

Here is the log.

3/4/2012 9:41:14 PM ~!~DLNA_Manager~!~DLNA_ManagerConfig.aspx called with PageIsValid = True and Postback = False
                          3/4/2012 9:41:18 PM ~!~DLNA_Manager~!~DLNA_ManagerConfig.aspx called with PageIsValid = True and Postback = True
                          3/4/2012 9:41:18 PM ~!~DLNA_Manager~!~SearchUPnP_Click called
                          3/4/2012 9:41:18 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~DiscoverUPNP called
                          3/4/2012 9:41:27 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~DiscoverUPNP found device = WGT624v4 (Gateway)
                          3/4/2012 9:41:27 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ DiscoverUPNP found documentURL = http://10.0.0.1:5000/Public_UPNP_gatedesc.xml
                          3/4/2012 9:41:28 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ DiscoverUPNP for device = WGT624v4 (Gateway) found Child = WAN Device
                          3/4/2012 9:41:28 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ DiscoverUPNP for device = WGT624v4 (Gateway) and Child = uuid:82db4227-9090-ba12-3350-73036632d814 found documentURL = http://10.0.0.1:5000/Public_UPNP_gatedesc.xml
                          3/4/2012 9:41:33 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~DiscoverUPNP found device = HomeSeer(organiza-0e5408)
                          3/4/2012 9:41:33 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ DiscoverUPNP found documentURL = http://10.0.0.3:16682/desc.xml
                          3/4/2012 9:41:33 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Error in DiscoverUPNP for service = HomeSeer(organiza-0e5408) with error=Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
                          3/4/2012 9:41:33 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~DiscoverUPNP found device = Blu-ray Disc Player
                          3/4/2012 9:41:33 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ DiscoverUPNP found documentURL = http://10.0.0.9:50001/Ircc.xml
                          3/4/2012 9:41:34 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~DiscoverUPNP done!

Comment

Sony BluRay

I installed v18 and did a search, but it did not add my Blu Ray to the device table. However, the BluRay did show up as a found device in the log. Was it supposed to add each of the found devices to the device table?

3/4/2012 9:41:14 PM ~!~DLNA_Manager~!~DLNA_ManagerConfig.aspx called with PageIsValid = True and Postback = False
                            3/4/2012 9:41:18 PM ~!~DLNA_Manager~!~DLNA_ManagerConfig.aspx called with PageIsValid = True and Postback = True
                            3/4/2012 9:41:18 PM ~!~DLNA_Manager~!~SearchUPnP_Click called
                            3/4/2012 9:41:18 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~DiscoverUPNP called
                            3/4/2012 9:41:27 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~DiscoverUPNP found device = WGT624v4 (Gateway)
                            3/4/2012 9:41:27 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ DiscoverUPNP found documentURL = http://10.0.0.1:5000/Public_UPNP_gatedesc.xml
                            3/4/2012 9:41:28 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ DiscoverUPNP for device = WGT624v4 (Gateway) found Child = WAN Device
                            3/4/2012 9:41:28 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ DiscoverUPNP for device = WGT624v4 (Gateway) and Child = uuid:82db4227-9090-ba12-3350-73036632d814 found documentURL = http://10.0.0.1:5000/Public_UPNP_gatedesc.xml
                            3/4/2012 9:41:33 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~DiscoverUPNP found device = HomeSeer(organiza-0e5408)
                            3/4/2012 9:41:33 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ DiscoverUPNP found documentURL = http://10.0.0.3:16682/desc.xml
                            3/4/2012 9:41:33 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Error in DiscoverUPNP for service = HomeSeer(organiza-0e5408) with error=Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
                            3/4/2012 9:41:33 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~DiscoverUPNP found device = Blu-ray Disc Player
                            3/4/2012 9:41:33 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ DiscoverUPNP found documentURL = http://10.0.0.9:50001/Ircc.xml
                            3/4/2012 9:41:34 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~DiscoverUPNP done!

Comment

New beta v.19 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.19:

• when "select picture size" is set <> "default", the plugin hangs and playing music from a queue is not working anymore
                              • added capability to make use of SetNextAvTransportURI (Sony has it) which makes great transitions in a slideshow
                              • added actions for events. Use Device control and select any of the buttons
                              • Began groundwork to make remote control buttons, configurable, not complete yet

Comment

Dirk,

Wanted to thank you for your efforts on this plug-in. I have been playing with DLNA and looking to see how it might add to my world. Having your plug-in has added much to my play time. I have a VSX-1121 Pioneer driving a Panny ST50. PLEX, several Squeeze Box receivers, NetGear NAS and several other DNLA enabled devices. This plug in also pushed me over the edge and I just ordered a Sony picture frame that is "supposed" to be DNLA certified. I say all that to say I am up to test any thing that you might like to try.

Let me know what I can do to help,

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X