Kickstarter - Sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickstarter - Sense

Just discovered an interesting crowd-funding site for a variety of projects...one of which called "Sense" is of interest. Anybody else seen this?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...for-your-world

Interesting in that they use Zigbee. I wonder if it has an API.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
      Interesting in that they use Zigbee. I wonder if it has an API.
      They do make a point to say that they use REST APIs in addition to the Management Portal.

I hope other manufacturers take note and offer APIs instead of dovetailing us into their portals.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks for posting the link. I've funded several projects in the past and just did for this one as well. If it funds, I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Comment

Re: Kickstarter - Sense

If it doesn't fund do you get your money back?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            If it doesn't fund do you get your money back?
            Yes, they don't actually take the money until it ends. So they only "take" once it is funded and the time is over.
            Bryan
            Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
            Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

More from the Sense Team

Hey. forwarded your comments to the folks behind Sense. This probably means more to you than me so here it is verbatim.

"We definitely consider developer access a top priority. There are two sets of APIs -- One hosted in our cloud service, the Sense Management Portal, and one set that are local to your Sense Base station and available on your local network.

They are similar in that sensor data is available both places, but they have different use cases.

The cloud hosted APIs give you access to all of your historical data, alerts, and trends identified by our system. The local APIs give you much faster access to your current raw sensor data and configuration, but very limited historical data."

Comment

Re: Kickstarter - Sense

The historical data could be easily captured using the local API and a bit of database code.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I visit Kickstarted from time-to-time. They launched the Pebble last year, which is a pretty cool watch that is extremely customizable.

I have seen some other HA type stuff - I actually contacted one of the projects to find out if it would interface with HS. Was quite surprised with their response, which was basically that they had no idea what HS was. Googling "home automation" has HS in the top 10 - how do you attempt to launch something that is supposedly home automation friendly without researching whether or not it would interface with some of the bigger HA applications?

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetBoySI View Post
                    I visit Kickstarted from time-to-time. They launched the Pebble last year, which is a pretty cool watch that is extremely customizable.
                    I came so close to pulling the trigger on the pebble. I sure wish I had done it

I did back the stick-n-find bluetooth stickers on indiegogo. They are supposed to start shipping in March. There was also an article on them from CES this year. Looking forward to that one...

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                      I came so close to pulling the trigger on the pebble. I sure wish I had done it
                      Shipping starts next week! Waiting for mine...

I did back the stick-n-find bluetooth stickers on indiegogo. They are supposed to start shipping in March. There was also an article on them from CES this year. Looking forward to that one...
                      Yeah, I backed them too.

The "Sense" system doesn't make... erm... sense.. to me. I find it too expensive compared to what it does.
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I saw this one on Indiegogo , http://www.indiegogo.com/blutracker

Thought it would be a GREAT addition to vehicle tracking. I emailed them about their API and adding support for HS. However only C++ support and only Win8 and mobile devices support (they say the Bluetooth 4.0 support is pretty critical to how it works hence the current limitations.) Disappointing Maybe someone else will come up with something similar.

I've been a part of a few Kickstarter campaigns and it's pretty addictive...

-Mike

Comment

I plan on using the stick-n-find bluetooth stickers for vehicle tracking. I will be sticking them behind the rearview mirror and install a bluetooth dongle in the garage. It will work much like the CheaperRFID stuff.

Comment

I plan on using the stick-n-find bluetooth stickers for vehicle tracking. I will be sticking them behind the rearview mirror and install a bluetooth dongle in the garage. It will work much like the CheaperRFID stuff.

It's the same guys and looks like same API limitations. You looking to use it with HS? I'd be very interested as how.

Thanks,

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
                              It's the same guys and looks like same API limitations. You looking to use it with HS? I'd be very interested as how.

Thanks,

-Mike
                              Yep - I'm hoping it will just be a matter of reading the sticker's ID via a virtual com port with a bluetooth receiver. If so, integrating with HS would be pretty easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X