API not discovering devices as of 4-19-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

API not discovering devices as of 4-19-2016

I set up a friends HS and installed the API. But it will not detect any devices. So I'm guessing it's broken again. This is v2 of the API. HS version 3.0.0.280

I no longer personally use the API for my own system because I have an Insteon Hub and it just works better. But they do not have that option.
    I totally realize it's still beta, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

It's all in the API sticky...

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180033
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Yep I read it 5 or 6 times before I posted my thread. Not sure what you are trying to tell me.

1. That all the info that is available is there, if it's not working your out of luck.
      2. you obviously missed something in the doc, try again because it works fine.
      3. something that I haven't thought of.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I followed that sticky and it worked for me.

In the HS Logs, you will see a log entry when you tell the Echo to Discover Devices. Are you seeing that entry?
        If not, then their HS system is not 'connected' to the Amazon API. Go through the steps again.

If you *are* seeing that entry, then make sure the devices have Voice Command enabled and their Control Use property is set.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I didn't see that log. I did set for voice control and set the control.
          I'll unlink and relink.

Thanks for the guidance.

Tony

Comment

Un-linked, re-linked. Still no log entry when I click on Discover Devices.

Tried V1 and V2 API.

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post

Tried V1 and V2 API.
              Check that MyHomeSeer Remote Control is enabled in HS3 and that you can control your HS3 system outside of your lan by logging in through myhs.homeseer.com

Comment

I am currently using the myhomeer.com page to admin the settings.

json settings are not enabled but the main remote is.

Comment

One issue I remember having was that the "Discover Devices" link on the Alex Smart Home page never found any devices even though the Echo said it was doing discovery. I had to say "Alexa, discover my devices" in order for it to find them.

Comment

OK, that is probably it then. I'm not onsite so I haven't been able to do that.
                    I will have my friends try that tonight.

Thank you for taking the time to work with me on this. I will report back my findings as soon as they get home.

Tony

Comment

One other thing you may check in the interim, is the "Control Use" settings for each device in the Status Graphic tab. The need to be set to something other than "Not Specified."

However, I'm not sure which specific ones are acceptable, other than On, Off & Dim. I think some thermostat functions will work, but not all.

Comment

all are set to ON or OFF. For now I am only trying to control basic lights. None of them even dim.

Comment

Tried V1 and V2 API.
                          Can't use either of them, make sure that BOTH of them are unlinked in the Smart Home section of Echo app. Then run "Forget all devices and groups".

The beta link should look something like: amzn1.ask.skill.4....
                          Bryan
                          Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                          Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

sorry, that was what I was referring to when I said v1.

To clarify, I tried both the option where you go to a website and enter your email to get a link. The one you just mentioned.

And the link at the bottom of the doc which installs V2.

Comment

I am currently using the myhomeer.com page to admin the settings.

json settings are not enabled but the main remote is.
                              Does the json has to be enabled?
                              What is a "Main Romote"?
                              Hector
                              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                              X