This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Problem

I downloaded the SIP Connector Plug-in to HomeSeer Pro 2.3.0.19 via the update button and restarted HomeSeer. In the log after restart I have two update errors:

8/8/2009 3:40:26 PM - Updater Error - File is missing: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config\hspi_sip.ini

AND

8/8/2009 3:40:27 PM - Updater Error - File is missing: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config\hspi_sip.before.2.50.2.3

followed by the the update warning:

8/8/2009 3:40:27 PM - Updater Warning - File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config\SIP Connector.lf

The SIP Connector plug-in does not appear in my web interface anywhere. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

Does this path exist on you server?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, the CONFIG file for HomeSeer itself does exist. I don't think the HomeSeer would even run if it didn't.

Comment

I was just ensuring the path was correct. Are you running HomeSeer as a service? If so disable the service and try reinstalling.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Since I am playing around with HomeSeer at the moment, I have not dedicated a machine to it yet. As such, it is not running as a service. I think think the issue may be that a couple of files may have been left out of the distribution of Sip Connector or I may not have the same version of Visual C++ that was used to create it.

Comment

I don't understand the error messages you got:

- The first 2 error messages mean the updater failed to backup HomeSeer 2\Config\hspi_sip.ini, then failed to restore the backup after install.

- The third error message means the updater didn't update Config/hspi_sip.lf

--> The first 2 error messages are OK if you never had the SIP Connector.
            --> The last error message is OK if you already had the SIP Connector.

Do you have the file hspi_sip.dll in your HomeSeer 2 directory ?
            Is there any error message when you restart HomeSeer ?
            --
            stipus

Comment

Nevermind... some rules for executables on the machine I was playing with were preventing the complete execution of the installer. Now that I have moved HomeSeer to a dedicated machine, it works and will answer a call. My only question now is how to edit/make IVRs within the HomeSeer interface so that I can make it useful.

Comment

To build IVR, you have to use HomeSeer scripting.

Have a look at the API and sample scripts:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=116383
                http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=116898
                --
                stipus

Comment

Working...
                X