Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Sirius Display

Dirk,

All had been running well for me (and still is), through the last several updates.

I just realized today that the display information for Sirius was no longer correct. I found that you resolved this in 115. I installed it and it is working well, though there is a change (Sonos software I am sure) that is good and bad for me.

In the past when I selected a Sonos station, I would get a graphic that displayed the station that was tuned (for the cover art). Now it shows the artwork for the track. This is nice, though I would still like to display what Sirius station is tuned. I don't find this in any of the "music" fields (in HSTouch) or anywhere else.

I do see the information in the HS2 Status web page for the SONOSCONTROLLER Music Transport, so I know it is in there somewhere.

Is there a way I can get at this information so I can display it? All my HSTouch screens are custom, and much of my Sonos control is done with scripting, so if I can only get to it via script that would be ok.

On a related note, it would also be nice to be able to display the playlist name when I have selected a Sonos playlist (local media).

If there is a way to get to either of these, let me know. If not, and it is not too difficult, perhaps you could add it sometime in the future.

As always, thanks for the plug-in and your help.

Lou

Originally posted by gerlin View Post
    Dirk,

All had been running well for me (and still is), through the last several updates.

I just realized today that the display information for Sirius was no longer correct. I found that you resolved this in 115. I installed it and it is working well, though there is a change (Sonos software I am sure) that is good and bad for me.

In the past when I selected a Sonos station, I would get a graphic that displayed the station that was tuned (for the cover art). Now it shows the artwork for the track. This is nice, though I would still like to display what Sirius station is tuned. I don't find this in any of the "music" fields (in HSTouch) or anywhere else.

I do see the information in the HS2 Status web page for the SONOSCONTROLLER Music Transport, so I know it is in there somewhere.

Is there a way I can get at this information so I can display it? All my HSTouch screens are custom, and much of my Sonos control is done with scripting, so if I can only get to it via script that would be ok.

On a related note, it would also be nice to be able to display the playlist name when I have selected a Sonos playlist (local media).

If there is a way to get to either of these, let me know. If not, and it is not too difficult, perhaps you could add it sometime in the future.

As always, thanks for the plug-in and your help.

Lou
    Lou,

had a quick look last night on your XM radio channel art question (my month of free subscription is about to run out :-() and it appears that XM publishes an ART for each channel but depending on the channel, it may publish artist information and "overwrite" the art work. If you watch their controller, you see exactly the same (channel art when you connect, to be overwritten by track specific when track starts playing). I'll try to study the traces a bit to see if I can programatically and generically separate out the 2 but I wouldn't hold my breath. If you do use scripts, the good news is that these Channel Art URLs are somewhat constant and if you turn logging on, you can actually see the URL and use that if you want in your scripts.

As to your second question on playlists. Sonos doesn't have a concept of playlists. You can navigate your library, use playlists, but once it comes to playing something, there is only the concept of a queue and what's in it, not how it got into the queue. So if you add all tracks or part of a playlist to the queue, the history where the tracks came from is not kept nor made available through the UPNP interface.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks for looking at this.

I see the same behavior with the Sirius "quick" switch out of the cover art.

I don't really need the channel art, just the name.

I see the data it in the HS web page (image attached), so is it stored somewhere where I can extract it?

Comment

Thanks for looking at this.

I see the same behavior with the Sirius "quick" switch out of the cover art.

I don't really need the channel art, just the name.

I see the data it in the HS web page (image attached), so is it stored somewhere where I can extract it?

How about retrieving it from the HS device itself? What you are pointing at is the HS device text for device [4 (can't see it completely in your picture)

Dirk

Comment

Good idea.

I have now scripted it so that I have source label that works for Sirius, Pandora and Last.fm.

MOG, which is my favorite due to their higher bit rate streaming (at least last time I checked), isn't as "cooperative". The data in the music player looks the same as local media (they don't seem to add their name like the others). It just shows "Tracks", like local media.

I tried pulling the artwork path through the MusicAPI, though it always seems to point to a local temp file.

Oh well, not a big deal at all. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I did not realize that data was in the device text.

Comment

MOG, which is my favorite due to their higher bit rate streaming (at least last time I checked), isn't as "cooperative". The data in the music player looks the same as local media (they don't seem to add their name like the others). It just shows "Tracks", like local media.
            Could you turn debug flag on, delete log file, select MOG, do some channel or track changes, turn debug off, email/post log. I'll have a look at what they provide if anything. If you look at the Sonos controller itself, does it show track info and album art?

Dirk

Comment

Working...
            X