Frustrated!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated!!!!

OMG!!! I'm bald and pulling my hair out! My first SEL was DOA so I had to order a new one. This one comes and it's telling me that the system password is incorrect so I can't reset it!!! I'm guess the only way to reset is with a system restore. How @#$%#$%^ convenient that this new SEL does not have the system restore USB while the first DOA SEL did, which I've already sent back to them! Oh and the fact that I live on the west coast and these guys close up shop 10 minutes early on Friday doesn't help the matter. Now I've got to get on the phone with them Monday before I go to work to try to get this resolved!!!!!

I can help. Send an email to ultrajones@hotmail.com and let me know the best way to contact you.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I have not heard from you. Were you able to resolve this by following the instructions included with your HomeTroller-SEL? If you're still having trouble, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Got it resolved. Everything seems to be running stable right now. Thanks for offering the help.

Comment

What did you do to solve this issue so this thread has a purpose.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Honestly I have no clue! I'll chalk this one up to "stupid user" error.

I ended up installing the beta version of the z-wave plugin which corrected the problem I was having with getting the interface to start.

As for the system password, I found an interesting discrepancy. If you run whoami within the Linux tools, it returns root. If I try to ssh to the box and login as root with the same password, the login fails. If you ssh in as "homeseer" the password works. So the actual issue is that I was trying to log in to the box to find some of the files mentioned in other threads which say those files should be deleted and then restart the zwave plugin. I did actually set the system password when I first booted the device, but like I said, I was trying to use root instead of homeseer.

While we're on the topic of Linux tools, why can't I issue a "cd" command? If I can't change directories or do anything like that from the linux tools prompt, what's the point of it?

Comment

Working...
            X