Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger of apcupsd devices

Hi Philippe,

Should it be possible to trigger from changes of the UPS devices? As an example, I'm trying to create a trigger if the time left drops below a certain value. However, if I select a value, and then collapse the trigger, it always shows a value of 69.3. See screen shot below. Any ideas? I'm running the latest version.

Thanks
    Al

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1209102
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1209103
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    Hi Philippe,

Should it be possible to trigger from changes of the UPS devices? As an example, I'm trying to create a trigger if the time left drops below a certain value. However, if I select a value, and then collapse the trigger, it always shows a value of 69.3. See screen shot below. Any ideas? I'm running the latest version.

Thanks

Al

[ATTACH]52550[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52551[/ATTACH]

As far as i recall these are just regular devices with values and should allow this. I am not near a hs environment to check. I don't know why hs3 would not let you configure it with these devices.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
      As far as i recall these are just regular devices with values and should allow this. I am not near a hs environment to check. I don't know why hs3 would not let you configure it with these devices.
      Thanks, can you test it when you get back to your hs environment and let me know if you can replicate it? I believe it used to work with an earlier version of the plugin, and don't know when it stopped working.

Thanks
      Al

Comment

Al, I did setup a similar event, but cannot reproduce the behavior; see screenshots below. It looks like in your case it is displaying the string of the device value instead of what you entered. For my test, I was using HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.243 (Windows). The apcupsd plugin actually does not really matter because these is pure HS3 device trigger setup and the plugin trigger/action are not involved (but for reference I was using my latest apcupsd plugin version 3.2.0.1). I did navigate to other web pages and then back to the event page, reopen the details of the event to verify. In all cases it worked fine for me.
        Attached Files

Comment

Al, I did setup a similar event, but cannot reproduce the behavior; see screenshots below. It looks like in your case it is displaying the string of the device value instead of what you entered. For my test, I was using HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.243 (Windows). The apcupsd plugin actually does not really matter because these is pure HS3 device trigger setup and the plugin trigger/action are not involved (but for reference I was using my latest apcupsd plugin version 3.2.0.1). I did navigate to other web pages and then back to the event page, reopen the details of the event to verify. In all cases it worked fine for me.
          Thanks Philippe. I deleted the device and restarted the plugin. With the recreated device, it's now working for me, so not sure what was wrong with it.

Cheers
          Al

Comment

Hi Philippe,

Found an issue related to that event. I restarted HS tonight and when the apcupsd plugin started, that event triggered and shut down the HS server. I had to disable the plugin in settings.ini in order to be able to properly restart HS. Does the plugin reset those values to 0 when it restarts, before updating them to what it gets from the daemon?

Thanks
            Al

Comment

Funny one . I don't know and the device value and will have to check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny one . I don't know and the device value and will have to check.
                Thanks, I was watching the log when it happened Then panic set in for a few moments as I was trying to figure out how I could prevent it from happening over and over again Luckily I have HS3 on a bit of a delayed start which gave me enough time to edit settings.ini before it re-started.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Al,
                  Did this happen with the event you setup the event in post number 1( time left)? I was about to setup something similar this weekend, but I'll wait to hear back. This would be a nightmare in my remote setup if it happened.

I finally had someone go into my house a few days ago and wake up my hs pc. Then finally set the timeleft and battery power to -1 in the apcupsd config file. I'll follow this thread...

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  Hi Philippe,

Found an issue related to that event. I restarted HS tonight and when the apcupsd plugin started, that event triggered and shut down the HS server. I had to disable the plugin in settings.ini in order to be able to properly restart HS. Does the plugin reset those values to 0 when it restarts, before updating them to what it gets from the daemon?

Thanks
                  Al
                  Tom
                  baby steps...starting again with HS3
                  HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                  HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                  Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                  In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                  System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                    Al,
                    Did this happen with the event you setup the event in post number 1( time left)? I was about to setup something similar this weekend, but I'll wait to hear back. This would be a nightmare in my remote setup if it happened.

I finally had someone go into my house a few days ago and wake up my hs pc. Then finally set the timeleft and battery power to -1 in the apcupsd config file. I'll follow this thread...
                    Hi Tom, yes it did, and yes, I would not recommend using a similar event until Philippe can confirm the expected behavior.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

I haven't had a chance to look into it. Have you tried adding and and condition to check that the value is let's say greater than 1 in addition?

Comment

I haven't had a chance to look into it. Have you tried adding and and condition to check that the value is let's say greater than 1 in addition?
                        I'm guessing that will work. I restarted the plugin while watching the apcupsd devices and most go to 0 when the plugin is shut down.

Thanks
                        Al

Comment

I looked at the code and yes devices are reset to default values upon disconnect. I will look at changing this for an upcoming version.

Comment

I looked at the code and yes devices are reset to default values upon disconnect. I will look at changing this for an upcoming version.
                            Thanks!

Comment

I send a new version to hst this weekend to install in the updater. This should resolve this.

Comment

Working...
                              X