www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Help

HomeSeer Help Help, How-to's and Documentation

Old January 19th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Seer

Fibaro Dimmer 2 & Scenes

Does the Fibaro Dimmer 2 work with Scenes?

I can't get it working but don't know if that's because it doesn't work - or if I'm doing it incorrectly as I've not setup scenes before.

I can setup a scene in Homeseer and give it a name - that works. I've enabled scenes on the Dimmer two but I can't see any way of triggering the scene? Am I missing an important part of config that links the two?

thanks
Old March 2nd, 2017, 06:09 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by budejake View Post
Does the Fibaro Dimmer 2 work with Scenes?

I can't get it working but don't know if that's because it doesn't work - or if I'm doing it incorrectly as I've not setup scenes before.

I can setup a scene in Homeseer and give it a name - that works. I've enabled scenes on the Dimmer two but I can't see any way of triggering the scene? Am I missing an important part of config that links the two?

thanks
I have never gotten this to work, and I have received no helpful feedback from support.

But, i truly miss this functionality. And I would appreciate some official feedback.
Old May 17th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Seer

I would also like this to work.
I work as an electrician and have installed hundreds of Fibaro devices.
And was testing Homeseer to see if i could migrate some customers but if this dont work it will be impossible as i use switch 2 for scene activasion alot.
Has anyone got this to work?
Old May 17th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Seer Deluxe

I get the feeling that scenes are somewhat depreciated.

I've never used fibaro products. But I can tell you about my experience with my cooper 5 button scene controller.

To set up each button/add a scene I clicked the name of the scene/button in question on my device management list and went to the zwave tab.

From there I expanded the settings section.

Then I used the drop down list to pick a device, clicked the 'add' button to it's right; that moved it into the pane above it.

in the pane just above the drop down list, next to the device I just picked, I picked the command I wanted. finally I hit 'save scene changes'

Here is an example where I added 4 devices to a button. These devices are dimmers so I set the scene level ramp rate to 3 seconds to match my other lighting.
Attached Images

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DoorBird, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, HSTouch Server, Restart, Z-Wave, EasyTrigger, PHLocation, Pushover 3P

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency
Old May 18th, 2017, 12:26 AM
Seer

That looks great the problem is that i dont have that settings
Old May 18th, 2017, 12:29 AM
Seer

But when pressing the second button i get this in the log
Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 4 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION Frame(7)=1
Old May 18th, 2017, 06:24 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaddox View Post
I get the feeling that scenes are somewhat depreciated.

I've never used fibaro products. But I can tell you about my experience with my cooper 5 button scene controller.
That way requires specific support for the hardware to be implemented by Homeseer.

Scenes is a standard across all zwave products. And any reason as to why central scenes is implemented in such a subpar way in HS3 escapes me.
Old May 18th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Seer Deluxe

Couple more thoughts based on the replies. 1) ensure you're using the child device and not the parent when you check the settings. 2) ensure the device has been added correctly using homeseer's add node function, you could try the Audit this node button, and/or Rescan. If you still have no child devices and settings doesn't populate, you may have to dig into the Associations and add them there.

Another thought, I saw this thread where they discussed adding a fibaro product using the Add Node Unsecure, you may wish to try that as well

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182929

Homeseer can create/modify scenes which may also be helpful when setting up the associations. Plugins > Zwave > Scene Management

I found an old HS2 help file on the page, it's not changed that much with HS3

https://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...ave_scenes.htm

I also found a rather interesting post in the forums

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138177

Even though it would appear that using associations to set up a controller is frowned upon, if it works it works. Some combination of creating the scene under scene management then associating it may be the key

If you do get things up and running, don't forget to let us know

Last edited by jmaddox; May 18th, 2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: added another link
Old October 30th, 2017, 06:33 PM
Seer

Homeseer and fibaro scene controllers

Is homeseer planning to implement this functionality?
Old November 9th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Seer

Fibaro dimmer 2 scenes not working

I'd really like to see HS3 support scenes with the Fibaro dimmer 2 as well.
Old November 10th, 2017, 05:13 AM
Seer

beta z-wave

I've heard back from support with some good news on this...

"Z-Wave update 3.0.1.154 just went live in the beta section, it includes added features for the Fibaro products that add more user-friendly support for scenes. I have not yet tested the update but it is available for everyone if you would like to give it a try. As of this update, no further work will be done for to the Fibaro dimmer 2 and switch 2."

Details here of the beta: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175414

I've never tried the beta plugins.. do I simply disable the main Z-wave plugin and install the Beta? Will it maintain all of my devices and z-wave settings?
Old November 10th, 2017, 05:16 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyo View Post
I've never tried the beta plugins.. do I simply disable the main Z-wave plugin and install the Beta? Will it maintain all of my devices and z-wave settings?
Yes. And yes.

But it is ALWAYS a good idea to back up your Z-wave controller AND the entire HS3 folder before you install beta updates (or any update).
HSPro 3.0.0.368, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.136, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!
Old November 16th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskus View Post
Yes. And yes.

But it is ALWAYS a good idea to back up your Z-wave controller AND the entire HS3 folder before you install beta updates (or any update).
Great that Homeseer implement this functionality.

Do I also need to delete and add the dimmer again?

I give it a try tonight, but I cant see in the log that a scene command is sent by the dimmer. I changed the parameter 28 to 1, but still no scene commands in the log.

I did a 'rescan' on the Fibaro dimmer2. Also no luck.

Did I miss something? Or how can I activate this funtionality?

thanks in advance.