Unit Status Incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unit Status Incorrect

New to HomeSeer and I just installed the Omni plugin.

I have been able to connect successfully to my Omni Pro II.

I have a Centralite lighting system connected to the Omni Pro II.

I created an event within HomeSeer and was able to turn on lights triggering one of the motion detectors. When the lights turn on due to the event, the device status correctly shows "On" in HomeSeer.

I created an event with PC Access and was able to turn on lights triggering one of the motion detectors. When the lights turn on due to the event, the device status correctly show "On" in Homeseer.

I am able to control the lights in HomeSeer "Device Management". The status shows on after I turn on the light in HomeSeer.

When I poll the devices for status all lights return showing "Off", even if on.

The issue I have is when I use one of my wall switches to turn a light on or off the light the status does on change on the HomeSeer "Device Management" page.

I have searched but have not found any answers. My guess is it is a simple configuration issue but I am stuck.

Thanks for any help.

I think I may have figured it out but can not test until tomorrow. I had the same issue a few years ago and I think the wrong file is uploaded to my Centralite controller. If the controller does not have the buttons and loads set to send the Omni Pro II does not get the info.

I think what is happening is the status is correct when HomeSeer or Omni Pro II turns on a light. When Centralite (Wall plate switches) turns on a light status is incorrect because Centralite is not sending status to Omni Pro II and in turn can not send status to HomeSeer.

Of course I thought of this out right after my original post.

Comment

Well as with many things this was operator error. I did not have the correct file loaded to the Centralite control.

Unit Status in Homeseer now showing up correctly.

I guess this post can stay in for future learning if someone is running an old Centralite LiteJet system since they are discontinued.

Comment

Working...
      X