Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble starting HSTouch

Newbie problem:

I have the Hometroller-SE Pro and want to learn/use HSTouch. I see that HSTouch "Lite" is installed and running, so I turned on logging for it and at reboot I get:

"9/8/2011 3:52:38 PM - HSTouch Lite - HSTouch Lite enabled for Windows, iPhone, Android devices, no Designer support."

I used Updater to install the "unlimited connections" version looking in Start | All Programs and c:Program files and can't find anything to do with HSTouch.

In the web interface I go to Setup | Interfaces and see:
    HSTouch Server Unlimited N/AHSPI_HSTOUCH_UNLIMITED.dll1.0.0.1 Interface OK

Any help appreciated,
    bob

Hi Bob:

Download the designer and client at http://homeseer.com/downloads/index.htm . Once you have these installed, you should be home free.
    Don

Comment

You might need to check with the HS team as to how this works, HSTouch Unlimited Connections as far as I know is a small code addition to the HSTouch Server plugin. To get the designer working i'd imagine you need to replace the HSTouch Lite plugin with the 'normal' HSTouch Server plugin - the unlimited connections then on top of the Server plugin.

Comment

HSTouch working

Thanks for the replies! The download was of course the trick - it just wasn't obvious from anywhere I researched.

Going to Setup | Interfaces, disabling the Lite version and enabling HSTouch seems to work. HSTouch Lite was included, and enabled, when I bought the Hometroller SE but no direction as to what it does or how to use it, especially since there is no design mode(?)

And at $199 for the download and $99 for the upgrade I am now officially happy that I shelled out for the Pro version!

Thanks again for the help,
        bob

Comment

Still not working

I installed the HSTouch download on both the HomeTroller and my main PC on the same router. Trying to connect from the HomeTroller at 127.0.0.1 10200 or the PC at 192.168.0.x 10200 gives the same result = could not connect because the server "actively refused" the connection.

The router is port-fowarded for 10200, not that it matters for local connections, I checked the Hometroller firewall is OFF.

I used Update to "repair"the unlimited server plug-in and now that is saying that it is unregistered (was ok the 1st time on my PRO) and it won't take the License and Password on the Hometroller.

I am stuck.

Please help,
          bob

Comment

Does the HS log say anything about these connections?

Also can you list exactly what HSTouch related plugins you have installed and what the status of them is (enabled/disabled)...

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              Does the HS log say anything about these connections?

Also can you list exactly what HSTouch related plugins you have installed and what the status of them is (enabled/disabled)...
              Absolutely nothing is recorded in the logs when the connection fails, locally on the HomeTroller or on my local PC. I can connect to port 80 locally and remotely, and 5800 and 5900 remotely for VNC, so network connections are good.

Here is a screen shot of the plug-ins:
              Attached Files

Comment

If you are trying to run the designer then you will need the normal HSTouch server plugin, if you look in the updater it should be in there (the unlimited plug is used in addition to the server plugin rather than instead, the normal plugin should mention something about five connections)...oddly the file names are the same, albeit the interface names are different.
                Last edited by mrhappy; September 24, 2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Taking your advice, "mrhappy", I:

1. Uninstalled the Unlimited plug-in

2. Uninstalled HSTouch

3. Disabled HSTouch Lite

4. Re-installed HSTouch

With HSTouch Lite disabled I get no connection, with it enabled I get complaints that I should upgrade...

How do I get rid of that +?)*&?? HSTouch Lite that won't get out of my way!!!

Sorry, too many hours wasted trying to make this work...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyBob View Post
                    Taking your advice, "mrhappy", I:

1. Uninstalled the Unlimited plug-in

2. Uninstalled HSTouch

3. Disabled HSTouch Lite

4. Re-installed HSTouch

With HSTouch Lite disabled I get no connection, with it enabled I get complaints that I should upgrade...

How do I get rid of that +?)*&?? HSTouch Lite that won't get out of my way!!!

Sorry, too many hours wasted trying to make this work...
                    Can you uninstall it using windows add/remove programs?
                    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

i'd probably go into the main HomeSeer directory, look for HSPI_HSTOUCH.dll (which related to HSTouch Lite) and rename it to HSPI_HSTOUCH.dxx or some other bogus file extension (that causes it not to be loaded when HS starts up). Then I would install the normal HSTouch server plugin and see if that worked, the installer is probably not overwriting the plugin when installing...

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                        i'd probably go into the main HomeSeer directory, look for HSPI_HSTOUCH.dll (which related to HSTouch Lite) and rename it to HSPI_HSTOUCH.dxx or some other bogus file extension (that causes it not to be loaded when HS starts up). Then I would install the normal HSTouch server plugin and see if that worked, the installer is probably not overwriting the plugin when installing...
                        1. I deleted HSTouch using Windows Control Panel, deleted all HSTouch DLLs, re-installed HSTouch Designer from the website, re-started everything, and now:

2. There are no HSTouch listings on the Interfaces tab, and HSTouch Designer gives the same complaints about not being able to connect.

I notice you say above "install the normal HSTouch server plugin" and that is also mentioned in the setup as a requirement - I have looked on the Homeseer.com Downloads page and the Updater list and can't find anything like that - and I suspect the fact that the normal server is not installed on my machine is the main problem here.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated,
                        bob

Comment

Link to HSTouch server Plugin.

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/pub/HomeSeerP...h_1_0_0_42.msi

It is on the downloads page just below the Designer/Client installer

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
                            Link to HSTouch server Plugin.

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/pub/HomeSeerP...h_1_0_0_42.msi

It is on the downloads page just below the Designer/Client installer
                            "Plug-in installer with trial" is the server without which the $199 Designer won't work?? I would never have guessed that! Thanks.

However, it still doesn't connect. Now it complains about Username / Password being wrong, but like the instructions say I have left them at "default" and "******". Advice/help on what it wants for Username / Password or how to change them please!

Lines from log if it helps:

9/10/2011 12:23:24 PM - HSTouch Server - Opening connection from:127.0.0.1/1469
                            9/10/2011 12:23:24 PM - HSTouch Server Deb - 12:23:24:0156 ~ Adding client 127.0.0.1 to client table with key 7
                            9/10/2011 12:23:24 PM - HSTouch Server Deb - 12:23:24:9843 ~ CONNECT from client: HomeTroller-SE:HomeTroller-SE:1:1.0.0.57:1
                            9/10/2011 12:23:25 PM - HSTouch Server - Client HomeTroller-SE (127.0.0.1/1469) named HomeTroller-SE has CONNECTED.
                            9/10/2011 12:23:26 PM - HSTouch Server Deb - 12:23:26:9843 ~ CONNECT from client: HomeTroller-SE:HomeTroller-SE:1:1.0.0.57:1
                            9/10/2011 12:23:26 PM - HSTouch Server - Client HomeTroller-SE (127.0.0.1/1469) named HomeTroller-SE has CONNECTED.
                            9/10/2011 12:23:27 PM - HSTouch Server Deb - 12:23:27:4843 ~ Client command: (HomeTroller-SE:HomeTroller-SE) versions
                            9/10/2011 12:23:27 PM - HSTouch Server Deb - 12:23:27:5000 ~ Client command: (HomeTroller-SE:HomeTroller-SE) Authenticateenc
                            9/10/2011 12:23:28 PM - HSTouch Server Deb - 12:23:28:0000 ~ Client command: (HomeTroller-SE:HomeTroller-SE) Authenticateenc
                            9/10/2011 12:23:28 PM - HSTouch Server Deb - 12:23:28:0312 ~ HomeTroller-SE:HomeTroller-SE Client Requested Disconnect.
                            9/10/2011 12:23:28 PM - HSTouch Server - Client HomeTroller-SE:HomeTroller-SE (127.0.0.1/1469) has raised LineDisconnected.
                            9/10/2011 12:23:28 PM - HSTouch Server - Client HomeTroller-SE named HomeTroller-SE has DISCONNECTED.

Comment

You might want to create a new user, set admin privilages, and then in the designer, use that user.
                              In Homeseer create user...
                              Setup > Web Users .. Create New User; Set User Rights to Admin ... Save

In Designer
                              Tools > Options > Connection Defaults ... Use settings for the User you just created.

I hope this gets you up and going.
                              Don

Comment

Working...
                              X