Harmony hub extender for zwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
    Thanks I Will try , do you have it running on the same RPI as HS3 is running?
    Short answer is no.

I have been running HS3 on a windows PC that runs PLEX and Blueiris even since I started with HS almost a year ago. I have had this Pi2 running since vera days before HS3.

I recently bought a pi3 and have been testing the full version of linux (using my hs3 serial) on that pi. But I haven't made the change yet as my alarm panel plugin doesn't work or is not available for Linux and its very important to my setup.

So while it should work on the same unit without a problem I'm not currently doing that and I don't have a Zee I have a Pi (same difference).

Hopefully in the near future the Pi3 will do both HS3 and the bridge and I can test other things and play with the pi2.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
      Short answer is no.

I have been running HS3 on a windows PC that runs PLEX and Blueiris even since I started with HS almost a year ago. I have had this Pi2 running since vera days before HS3.

I recently bought a pi3 and have been testing the full version of linux (using my hs3 serial) on that pi. But I haven't made the change yet as my alarm panel plugin doesn't work or is not available for Linux and its very important to my setup.

So while it should work on the same unit without a problem I'm not currently doing that and I don't have a Zee I have a Pi (same difference).

Hopefully in the near future the Pi3 will do both HS3 and the bridge and I can test other things and play with the pi2.
      Hi integlikewhoa,

I have the HA bridge running.

Do I have to place this "HomeSeer_REST_API.aspx" on my HomeSeer RPi?
      Is there no install requered?

I have my Harmony activities and devices in the HA bridge.

But do you have a screenshot from the settings for a "Bridge device" so it does control a homeseer device

Thanks for the reply Paul.

Comment

Hi integlikewhoa,

I have the HA bridge running.

Do I have to place this "HomeSeer_REST_API.aspx" on my HomeSeer RPi?
        Is there no install requered?

I have my Harmony activities and devices in the HA bridge.

But do you have a screenshot from the settings for a "Bridge device" so it does control a homeseer device

Thanks for the reply Paul.
        I'm not using the the "HomeSeer_REST_API.aspx" anymore. In the recent move to pi3 I dropped that and started using the build in HS3 json controls. Make sure you turn on or check box json. Its in the HS3 ui settings under tools, network, remote control settings.

JSON options can be found here:
        http://www.homeseer.com/support/home..._with_json.htm

But for http this is what I use:

ON:
        http://192.168.1.245:10201/JSON?requ...=727&value=255

DIM:
        http://192.168.1.245:10201/JSON?requ...nsity.percent}

OFF:
        http://192.168.1.245:10201/JSON?requ...ef=727&value=0

If you don't have a dimming device then leave the DIM: Http blank.

in the example above I'm using my IP & Port for HS3 and my device (light switch) is ID #727. You need to change to your info. Everything else is the same.

So hit manual add then enter that info, screen shot attached. Then you can test from the main screen on,off,dim and make sure its working. after add to harmony remote. When you add to harmony add as hue and when it says to press the button on the bridge just wait for another min or so and it will take a bit but then continue on its own.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by integlikewhoa; November 9, 2016, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I'm done that but getting a error, any idea?
          Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried pasting that URL in a browser on the network and make sure the problem is not there?

Comment

Have you tried pasting that URL in a browser on the network and make sure the problem is not there?
              You are great, that was it. I thougt the portnumber was the controlling portnumber. But it should be the Server Port!
              Thanks Paul.

Comment

You are great, that was it. I thougt the portnumber was the controlling portnumber. But it should be the Server Port!
                Thanks Paul.
                Great now all should work from the test button on the main page and you can move on to adding these devices to Amazon Echo or Harmony Remote or what ever takes a Hue device. I use mine for both the above.

Comment

Great now all should work from the test button on the main page and you can move on to adding these devices to Amazon Echo or Harmony Remote or what ever takes a Hue device. I use mine for both the above.
                  From the test button it works great.
                  In the Harmony app not so Well, when i click on the "lamp" i get the mesage device not ready most of the time

Comment

From the test button it works great.
                    In the Harmony app not so Well, when i click on the "lamp" i get the mesage device not ready most of the time
                    Hmmm.... That shouldn't be the case.

Maybe try removing and re adding the bridge. Which version of the bridge are you using?

I never use the app on the phone (or I would just use imperihome app to control the lights and everything else) I use the Harmony Home Remote with the light buttons and plugs on the remote to control the lights,fans and few things in that room the remote is in.

Comment

Hmmm.... That shouldn't be the case.

Maybe try removing and re adding the bridge. Which version of the bridge are you using?

I never use the app on the phone (or I would just use imperihome app to control the lights and everything else) I use the Harmony Home Remote with the light buttons and plugs on the remote to control the lights,fans and few things in that room the remote is in.
                      I'm using version 3.2.0, tommorow i'm going to program the buttons of my remote, Thanks for the help so far

Comment

I'm using version 3.2.0, tommorow i'm going to program the buttons of my remote, Thanks for the help so far
                        Same version I'm running. Let us know how the buttons go. That's all I use so far. I have 3 remotes with the plan of getting more. And in the rooms I usually control Lights, fan and outlet. The last button I usually use a scene to turn off all lights.

In our bedroom I have a hall light on there for when the little on gets up in the night and says its too dark to go to the restroom.

Comment

Same version I'm running. Let us know how the buttons go. That's all I use so far. I have 3 remotes with the plan of getting more. And in the rooms I usually control Lights, fan and outlet. The last button I usually use a scene to turn off all lights.

In our bedroom I have a hall light on there for when the little on gets up in the night and says its too dark to go to the restroom.
                          The button is working, the App now also.
                          One thing I don't understand, I have now 7 Bridge devices, but I only see 3 of them in the Harmony App/PC.
                          Is there a way to sync manual?
                          Where is Add a Bridge Device for Harmony Buttons(see screenshot) for, if you make device here it is the "normal" device list.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The button is working, the App now also.
                            One thing I don't understand, I have now 7 Bridge devices, but I only see 3 of them in the Harmony App/PC.
                            Is there a way to sync manual?
                            Where is Add a Bridge Device for Harmony Buttons(see screenshot) for, if you make device here it is the "normal" device list.
                            When I add devcies or even change names the phone app updates right away. So I'm not sure how you can have 7 bridge devices and only 3 in the harmony app. Maybe try a "sync" (I do it on the phone app myself never used pc, but its not needed normally for this).

On the andriod app I open harmony click 3 lines in top left corner, click harmony setup, click "Sync".

As far as your picture I have never used that and not sure what it can or will do. You can asks on github or the other forum I started all this is here.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...html#msg297687

Maybe someone else will have more answers if testing it doesn't work for you.

Comment

When I add devcies or even change names the phone app updates right away. So I'm not sure how you can have 7 bridge devices and only 3 in the harmony app. Maybe try a "sync" (I do it on the phone app myself never used pc, but its not needed normally for this).

On the andriod app I open harmony click 3 lines in top left corner, click harmony setup, click "Sync".

As far as your picture I have never used that and not sure what it can or will do. You can asks on github or the other forum I started all this is here.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...html#msg297687

Maybe someone else will have more answers if testing it doesn't work for you.
                              It must be a Harmony HUB issue, because I installed the original Philips HUE App(1) and there I see all the devices and van control them
                              And when I change/add one in the HA-bridge it is directly visible in the HUE App.
                              Monday I will contact Harmony support.

Comment

It must be a Harmony HUB issue, because I installed the original Philips HUE App(1) and there I see all the devices and van control them
                                And when I change/add one in the HA-bridge it is directly visible in the HUE App.
                                Monday I will contact Harmony support.
                                Do you know for sure your running the latest hub firmware?

Comment

Working...
                                X