X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate device names and errors in log

When I look into the HS3 log I see a number of entries like this:

Code:
    Device ?LUTRONRA2 ?Electrical ?Closet Away Scene Not all voice recognition commands for this device will be active.
    The ? characters look odd. Not sure if that's a logging defect or something related to the plug-in.

But my point it's complaining that several things will have voice recog problems. While devices themselves are required to have unique names, that's not true for buttons and scenes tied to them. It would be impossible to have unique button engraving names. I've got an 'All Off' scene at the bottom button for each keypad. At the main entry doors that's tied to a scene which turns off all lights throughout the entire house. For the rest it's more of an 'Area Off' scene (basement, open kitchen/family room, etc).

I'm thinking the import routine might need to consider not enabling the 'Voice command' variable when creating an HS3 device tied to a keypad button (or main repeater phantom button).

I'm not using any voice control yet, so I can't comment further.

Another example:

Code:
    Device ?2nd ?Floor ?Master ?Bath Master Bath Ceiling name/location variations form duplicate voice recognition phrases with another device.
    Device ?2nd ?Floor ?Master ?Bath Master Bath Ceiling Not all voice recognition commands for this device will be active.
    I can't tell which is which, but one is "LutronRA2 SEETOUCH_KEYPAD" device with that name (as configured in the Lutron software). The other is listed as a "Lamp Module".

When I check the first one, it has a 'Technology Address' of "LutronRA2-Device-158-B181"

How does the plug-in build that "158-B181" part of the string?

The second one is "LutronRA2-Output-89". Which is the IntegrationID used by Lutron for the dimmer load in the keypad. It's not an RRD-6D as the plug-in seems to think.

When I check the "integration report.csv" I see the keypad listed in two sections:

Code:
    Zone Room, Zone Name, ID
    Master Bath, Master Bath Ceiling, 8

Master Bath, Master Bath Door Right, Master Bath Ceiling (2), RRD-H6BRL-WH, 90
    , , , , , Button 1, 1, Ceiling
    , , , , , Button 2, 2, Bill's Vanity
    , , , , , Button 3, 3, Chris Vanity
    , , , , , Button 4, 4, Closet
    , , , , , Button 5, 5, Nite Light
    , , , , , Button 6, 6, All Off
    , , , , , Button 18, 18, 
    , , , , , Button 19, 19, 
    , , , , , Led 1, 81
    , , , , , Led 2, 82
    , , , , , Led 3, 83
    , , , , , Led 4, 84
    , , , , , Led 5, 85
    , , , , , Led 6, 86
    Note, 158 or 181 don't appear related to it from Lutron's report. 158 is related to an entirely different keypad, in a whole other room. As is 181, that's the ID for an Area, not related to this one.

I can send you a zip file with my Lutron project, integration report and DbXmlInfo, if you'd like. I don't want to post them here.

So I think there's two issues here, one the voice recognition flag during importing. The other being something odd about how keypad buttons are imported.

I'd post a DbXmlInfo snippet, but as you realize, it's quite a convoluted format. You can't always easily tell how it all 'fits together' without jumping around a LOT between different sections. Areas, devices, outputs, etc. There's a LOT in there.

Clearly the underlying structure of what Lutron can do with RA2 and HWQS is quite a lot more sophisticated than they reveal in the RA2 software. Or, perhaps more accurately, the RA2 repeater is quite crippled compared to a HWQS controller, even though they both use the same database and command structures.

Comment

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
      When I look into the HS3 log I see a number of entries like this:

Code:
      Device ?LUTRONRA2 ?Electrical ?Closet Away Scene Not all voice recognition commands for this device will be active.
      The ? characters look odd. Not sure if that's a logging defect or something related to the plug-in.

But my point it's complaining that several things will have voice recog problems. While devices themselves are required to have unique names, that's not true for buttons and scenes tied to them. It would be impossible to have unique button engraving names. I've got an 'All Off' scene at the bottom button for each keypad. At the main entry doors that's tied to a scene which turns off all lights throughout the entire house. For the rest it's more of an 'Area Off' scene (basement, open kitchen/family room, etc).

I'm thinking the import routine might need to consider not enabling the 'Voice command' variable when creating an HS3 device tied to a keypad button (or main repeater phantom button).

I'm not using any voice control yet, so I can't comment further.

Another example:

Code:
      Device ?2nd ?Floor ?Master ?Bath Master Bath Ceiling name/location variations form duplicate voice recognition phrases with another device.
      Device ?2nd ?Floor ?Master ?Bath Master Bath Ceiling Not all voice recognition commands for this device will be active.
      I can't tell which is which, but one is "LutronRA2 SEETOUCH_KEYPAD" device with that name (as configured in the Lutron software). The other is listed as a "Lamp Module".

When I check the first one, it has a 'Technology Address' of "LutronRA2-Device-158-B181"

How does the plug-in build that "158-B181" part of the string?

The second one is "LutronRA2-Output-89". Which is the IntegrationID used by Lutron for the dimmer load in the keypad. It's not an RRD-6D as the plug-in seems to think.

When I check the "integration report.csv" I see the keypad listed in two sections:

Code:
      Zone Room, Zone Name, ID
      Master Bath, Master Bath Ceiling, 8

Master Bath, Master Bath Door Right, Master Bath Ceiling (2), RRD-H6BRL-WH, 90
      , , , , , Button 1, 1, Ceiling
      , , , , , Button 2, 2, Bill's Vanity
      , , , , , Button 3, 3, Chris Vanity
      , , , , , Button 4, 4, Closet
      , , , , , Button 5, 5, Nite Light
      , , , , , Button 6, 6, All Off
      , , , , , Button 18, 18, 
      , , , , , Button 19, 19, 
      , , , , , Led 1, 81
      , , , , , Led 2, 82
      , , , , , Led 3, 83
      , , , , , Led 4, 84
      , , , , , Led 5, 85
      , , , , , Led 6, 86
      Note, 158 or 181 don't appear related to it from Lutron's report. 158 is related to an entirely different keypad, in a whole other room. As is 181, that's the ID for an Area, not related to this one.

I can send you a zip file with my Lutron project, integration report and DbXmlInfo, if you'd like. I don't want to post them here.

So I think there's two issues here, one the voice recognition flag during importing. The other being something odd about how keypad buttons are imported.

this is due because in the RadioRa2 software you have duplicate name in the phantom button so delete them.

for the Technology Address it is use by my plugin so it may not refer to the ID.

in the ver 43 I did had the NON_DIM_INC tell me if that fix it.

Comment

Yes, 43 took care of the table dimmer issue, thanks!

Comment

Is there a way to have the motion sensors put an entry in the main log?

I'm curious to track when a particular sensor is triggering. There's nobody passing into a closet covered by it, but there's a lot of electronic gear in there. Including a wi-fi access point. I'm wondering if there's something that might be causing enough 'noise' to make the sensor detect a false reading.

I went into the device details and unchecked the "Do not log commands from this device" checkbox. That had no effect, at least there's nothing showing up in the log when the device is triggered.

So, two questions, what does that checkbox control? And how would I get a motion sensor to put an entry in the log?

Comment

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
            Is there a way to have the motion sensors put an entry in the main log?

I'm curious to track when a particular sensor is triggering. There's nobody passing into a closet covered by it, but there's a lot of electronic gear in there. Including a wi-fi access point. I'm wondering if there's something that might be causing enough 'noise' to make the sensor detect a false reading.

I went into the device details and unchecked the "Do not log commands from this device" checkbox. That had no effect, at least there's nothing showing up in the log when the device is triggered.

So, two questions, what does that checkbox control? And how would I get a motion sensor to put an entry in the log?
            I'll add the option in the device configuration in the next revision.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
              I'll add the option in the device configuration in the next revision.
              Awesome, thanks!

I'm slowly working toward building 'history' of activity. I'm looking for patterns of use that could, in turn, be used to build automation rules. The more I can track things, the better. I don't need to use them specifically as event triggers, at least not yet. Nor do I want to dump them into a database, again, not yet. At some point, yeah, it'll be useful to have things collected in a database format. But, for now, logging would be an OK place to start.

I've seen other threads on logging and some devices do not allow enough control. Some don't log at all, and others log too much. I don't know enough (yet) to comment as to which is better.

Comment

Working...
              X