This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New changes coming

Just wanted to give a heads up on the new changes that will be coming.

The plugin will run exactly like it does now. You will be able to connect the BLML2HS myServer client to the HS plugin and use it like you do today.

There is an enhancement coming though that is very cool.

I have been working with DaveP from Allonis on integrating Lighting control from HS into myServer. This allows you to use the default lighting HTML5 pages from Allonis and works with the Lighting family driver license in myServer

Lighting is the first thing we are getting working and we have that mostly working now. I can use the Lighting-Control.html page that comes with myServer to control all my Zwave lighting in HS3. It is great.

DaveP has written a new family device driver (called Homeseer) and it connects to the BLML2HS HS3 plugin and they communicate back and forth. There are now 2 servers running in the BLML2HS HS3 plugin (one for my BLML2HS myServer app and one for Dave's family driver.

Lighting control is instant from the HTML5 pages on my phone to HS3.

More to come...
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Very exciting news! Can't wait...
    I guess that means the new Homeseer family driver will eventually be able to do more than just lighting?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
      Very exciting news! Can't wait...
      I guess that means the new Homeseer family driver will eventually be able to do more than just lighting?
      Yes it would integrate with the various family drivers
      Dave is working on integrating my Russound plugin into myServer to link to his Russound plugin
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Will the plugin still work without the lighting family driver? I understand that it won't allow me to use the lighting scenes in the designer, but will all the original commands still work? I have created scenes for my room control and I use your plugin to send commands from myServer to HS3 to control the devices.

Comment

Overview of setup

Hi Bob. Thank you for your endless contribution to both the boards and to a staggering number of enhancements to the HS3 platform through your various plugins, etc.

I have Designer and Touch Server installed, along with the APK and iOS apps and am truly underwhelmed, however, it looks like the work you're doing with the newly re-branded Allonis server is a game changer from the UI/UX perspective.

What I can't tell is where does one start if we want to emulate your success? Do I purchase Allonis server, install that alongside HS3, install your plugins and it all makes some sort of sense? I don't see any documentation on the Allonis site around HS3 integration or support, so looks like you and Dave are crafting the journey behind the scenes. From what I've seen from your screenshots, it seems like server 5 plus several of the Allonis add-ons are in place but any guidance you can provide would be much appreciated since I have the usual array of devices to control, existing events in place, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Matt

Comment

Matt,

I will tell you what I have been doing with Allonis and HS3 with the plugin. I have Allonis doing the media side of my system, with HS3 doing the lighting, security etc. With the plugin I send a command from Allonis to HS3 to control whatever I want to in HS3 with the supplied commands that you will find in the Command builder section of either the Allonis server, or the designer. I feel that it is farly straight forward, As an example if I want to control a zwave light that has a device vallue of 100, then I send BLML2HS|HS-ControlDevice~100~on, and it works. You can also trigger events, etc from the interface to HS3. It works very well, and like here on HS forum, the Allonis forum is helpful as well.

Hope this little bit helps.

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
              Will the plugin still work without the lighting family driver? I understand that it won't allow me to use the lighting scenes in the designer, but will all the original commands still work? I have created scenes for my room control and I use your plugin to send commands from myServer to HS3 to control the devices.
              Yes you can still use it as it is right now
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by grossmat View Post
                Hi Bob. Thank you for your endless contribution to both the boards and to a staggering number of enhancements to the HS3 platform through your various plugins, etc.

I have Designer and Touch Server installed, along with the APK and iOS apps and am truly underwhelmed, however, it looks like the work you're doing with the newly re-branded Allonis server is a game changer from the UI/UX perspective.

What I can't tell is where does one start if we want to emulate your success? Do I purchase Allonis server, install that alongside HS3, install your plugins and it all makes some sort of sense? I don't see any documentation on the Allonis site around HS3 integration or support, so looks like you and Dave are crafting the journey behind the scenes. From what I've seen from your screenshots, it seems like server 5 plus several of the Allonis add-ons are in place but any guidance you can provide would be much appreciated since I have the usual array of devices to control, existing events in place, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Matt

I do similar to what sonypoolplr is doing
                My UI control (phone and tablets) is done with Allonis as well as Pandora, Music, anything media and I use HS3 for lighting, motion, zwave, etc

I do have my Russound controlled by my BLRussound HS3 plugin but I control it using Allonis and my BLML2HS plugin interface between the two

Dave will also be integrating Russound control as well as Security and HVAC
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Got it, thanks gents. So I would purchase the Server5 base license for $250, use Blade's plugin to bridge to HS3 via the command structure, open a port on the firewall to get to the Allonis server and away we go. Any issue running Allonis on the same box as HS3 (in my case Windows)?

Comment

Sounds correct.
                    I run both HS3 and Allonis on the same machine with no issues
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

This looks fantastic. I've been toying with the idea of having ML handle media. Any chance we'll see a "special" price for HS users on Alonis products bundled with your plugin?
                      My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

My plugin on the Allonis side is free. It is the HS3 plugin that I charge for
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

I just noticed this thread - wow, this would be GREAT. Is this working now so I can dig in? Or, is it still in progress.

Any plans for other areas besides lighting? I can't think of anything obvious off the top of my head, but I have pushed everything I could to HS trying to leave ML just to do UI. Weather, NEST, security I have in HS.

One thought would be Z-Wave that are not lighting - I have sensors, other stuff...

Exciting - can't wait to dig in here.

Comment

Yes it is working now

There is an Allonis driver that Dave P wrote that gets all devices from the BLML2HS Homeseer plugin and then it determines whether it is a light, thermostat, etc and lets it run in the appropriate family on the Allonis side.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Sweet - I will give it a try.

Question: You mentioned in a previous post possible integration with your Russound plugin - I use your HS plugin for my two Russounds (MCA's) -Trying to better understand what that type of integration would offer. Is it just to maintain the variables in ML or is it a mapper to take ML Russound commands and map to your commands...

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                              X