Setting up RaspBee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up RaspBee

Okay, I've got a RaspBee and a RaspBerry Pi 3. I've connected the RaspBee, downloaded Raspbian, set up everything and installed ser2net, and configured access on port 10001.

But I feel I'm missing something.

I went to the JowiHue device named "All lamps", but when I went to the "JowiHue" tab all I got was a dreaded "Object not set to an instance of an object" error.

I'm lost. Help!
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Moskus,

Did you already added lights on the raspbee? I realise that the all lights will be created even without you adding real lights yet. Will have to check on that, but if you did not yet add lights, then that will be the reason behind the object error.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Also, you are on the latest beta version 2.0.0.21 I hope?
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

No, I'm lost before that. I realisere I need the RaspBee image.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Ouch... yes, you need to add deCONZ on the raspberry and the drivers for the raspbee.... I am not much of help there I got my raspbee ready installed LOL

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

Here is a link to an image by dresden: https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/fu...ard-image/?L=1

Also, once you have installed it, you will have to do the upgrades for the beta, both deCONZ and firmware
            -- Wim

Comment

Image downloaded and installed.
              Static IP set.
              Passwords changed.

... but I can't figure out how to update to the latest beta.

EDIT: Ok, found the description. It's here: https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...kg-i-or-by-apt

Comment

Moskus,

Glad to hear you found a solution. Otherwise there is also a pointer in the beta thread itself. Do not forget that you also need to update the firmware. Maybe the webapp will assist you in that.

Thanks,

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

YES!
                  Registered to RaspBee-GW at 192.168.xx.yy

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    Do not forget that you also need to update the firmware. Maybe the webapp will assist you in that.
                    Aw, you're right. I'm stuck again, checking for solutions.

Comment

That was fast

Now try to get the remote connected.... reset the remote according to the guide and go to the configuration page to scan for new devices?

Wim

*edit* we crossed....
                      -- Wim

Comment

Go to the web app (the ip adress of your raspbee... does it suggest a firmware upgrade? On the settings page you can initiate that upgrade
                        -- Wim

Comment

Moskus,

I have to go away for the daytime... I am hoping others chime in to help with the firmware here. Will be monitoring mail, and answering if meetings let me.

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Hmmm! It did once, and I clicked it. It was not very evident that it was a firmware update, it looked to me like it was reverting to the latest stable build of the web interface.

But that didn't happen, so I was wondering what happende. I thought "nothing", but perhaps it was the firmware that was being updated. Any where in the web interface I can check that?

... and for a beginner with JowiHue: Do I use the plugin or the raspbee web interface for adding bulbs?

Comment

Okay, an Osram bulb reset via Touch link and added to the RaspBee gateway. I can control it with "All lights" in HomeSeer. But how do I add its own device for this bulb?

EDIT: Created a group, and poof! Magically both the bulb and the group showed up. Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X