Factory Image Restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Image Restore

I'm trying to restore my HomeTroller Zee S2 to factory image. I plugged a monitor and keyboard to the unit and held shift to start the restore Utility. I selected the Zee S2 V2 Image ver 3.0.0.292. The imaged seemed to download and install without any issues and I'm able to login to the console but I'm not able to hit the web interface in a browser. I can hit the recovery page on port 911. I tried reinstalling the homeseer software from that page and that didn't fix it. I also tried restoring the factory image a second time with no luck. Also tried to restore to the Zee S2 v1 Wheezy MONO 3 based image but got an error stating Error downloading meta file http://homesser.com/updates3/zee2v1_os.json

Any ideas?

After the restore could you use find.homeseer.com to find the Zee?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes. but under the system field is says N/A. I can get to the page on port 911 and tried to restore HS but that didn't work. See screenshot.
      Attached Files

Comment

At this point I would connect a monitor and keyboard and see if there are errors.

Comment

I'm connected. What am I looking for?

Comment

When the unit boots are there any errors? What is the last thing you see on the boot screen? Does your router show the hardware pulling an ipAddress?

Comment

No errors that stuck out on boot. I'll have to look again to see the last thing before the login prompt- I'll look later today. The unit is pulling an IP address- I'm able to SSH to it and hit the recovery page at http://10.1.100.116:911 I also kept an eye on the console when I selected restore homeseer from the recovery webpage and didn't see any errors or anything for that matter print to the screen. I'm wondering if the homeseer process or other required processes aren't running for some reason. What processes should I see running?

Comment

Working...
              X