ImperiHome Going to Monthly Subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImperiHome Going to Monthly Subscription

Just got a notice that ImperiHome will be charging new users a monthly subscription for premium instead of a one time fee so if you are planning to purchase or upgrade now would be the time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Planetview; December 2, 2017, 05:21 AM. Reason: Attach screen shot

What are premium services?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

"...only for new Premium users"... that would seem to indicate that previous purchasers are grandfathered in. Lets hope that's true.
      My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
        What are premium services?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
        ImperiHome is a great user interface for tablets or phones that works with many home automation systems including HomeSeer. You can find the list of lite vs pro features on their site here.

Comment

This for the client side and not plugin correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
            ImperiHome is a great user interface for tablets or phones that works with many home automation systems including HomeSeer. You can find the list of lite vs pro features on their site here.

Pro and Premium are not the same thing. there is nothing listed for their new premium features. and the Pro version is the paid version everyone is using right now.

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
              Pro and Premium are not the same thing. there is nothing listed for their new premium features. and the Pro version is the paid version everyone is using right now.

Where did you get this information?

Version 4.0 came out today. Their website only shows two versions.

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
                Interesting. The message they provided on my phone does not make sense then because there are no "premium" features now except for pro so I don't see how it could only apply to NEW premium users.

If they said new optional premium features will be coming soon for our pro users at an additional monthly fee that would align with what you describe.

I should write to them and ask for clarification.

Comment

See the latest post on their Twitter page:

ImperiHome will soon launch new services such as the integration of Smart City data. The Pro (Premium) version will be accessible through a monthly subscription fee. But if you are already a Pro User, this monthly subscription will not apply to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                    See the latest post on their Twitter page:

ImperiHome will soon launch new services such as the integration of Smart City data. The Pro (Premium) version will be accessible through a monthly subscription fee. But if you are already a Pro User, this monthly subscription will not apply to you.
                    That's good news. I wrote to them asking for clarification and will post when I get a response.

I purchased a second "Pro" key so if I need another system I will have the option.

Comment

ImperiHome has updated their main page with the two new plans Free and Premium.

I would prefer if they had made the smart city (and other new features) an add on premium service to the one time purchase Pro plan. New users may not want to pay a monthly fee so it could slow down user sign up significantly.

Comment

This just pisses me off. Greed is just getting out of hand.

Yet another reason why HomeSeer Tech. needs to bring their own (easy to use) ap to market.
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
                          That's good news. I wrote to them asking for clarification and will post when I get a response.

I purchased a second "Pro" key so if I need another system I will have the option.
                          How did you purchase a second Pro key? I purchased the Pro version of the iOS app, but it would be nice to have another in case I decide to install it on my wife's phone.

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                            This just pisses me off. Greed is just getting out of hand.

Yet another reason why HomeSeer Tech. needs to bring their own (easy to use) ap to market.
                            I would have preferred to use a HomeSeer product so I support the company but I could not get HS Touch to work properly even after buying the program to customize. I contacted HS support and still no love from HS on the phone or tablets. People in the house were frustrated after almost six months of trouble.

I was happy to find ImperiHome because it worked well and has been stable. Not sure if I would pay $60 to $80 a year (depends on international conversion rates).

I understand the need to support the costs of product but it would be nice to have an affordable option that gets people into the door and people who want advanced optional features to be developed like smart cities to pay extra for them. I probably won't use the smart cities even if I am grandfathered in for free.

The free version seems more like a try before you buy because it is very limited.

Hopefully a good product won't be mucked up by these changes but only time will tell.

Comment

There is another mobile app HS member: avargaskunis developing here...

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179625

Might be an option.

Robert
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X