This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weatherXML FAQ

Q. What weather providers does weatherXML use?

A. You can select from the following.
    Weather Underground, NOAA weather (US Only), World Weather Online and Norway Yr.No. In addition for Australian users there is a custom feed available. For users of the Cumulus software, weatherXML will import from the realtime.txt file. Just enter the directory where the realtime.txt file is and weatherXML will watch for it to be updated.

If you prefer you can select one provider for the current conditions and a different provider for the forecast information.

Some information is only available from certain providers. For example the Hourly 10 day forecast and history values are only available by using Weather Underground.

Q. How many locations can I setup?

A. As many as you want. Initially, you can have up to 10 but if you actually want more than 10 the value can be user changed to allow as many as you want.

Q. I am getting this error trying to install the plugin on a Linux install - Updater Error downloading file: Error: SendFailure (Error writing headers)

A. Check out this thread for how to fix the error. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169800
    Last edited by CFGuy; January 22, 2016, 03:44 AM.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Hey Jeff, where and how do you add a media file befor the announcement?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Go to the Alert Triggers page. There is a dropdown right above where you enter the text to be spoken.
      You can use a different media file for each trigger.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

tanks Jeff got it. checking thru HS log found these error thu out the day thst I havent seen before and there several any idea?

Dec-07 5:30:00 PM weatherXML Error condCustomGet: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I didnt have this before update....
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I am seeing this also. I had the plugin working and then I am not sure what I did but it quit. I deleted all associated files and reinstalled.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
            tanks Jeff got it. checking thru HS log found these error thu out the day thst I havent seen before and there several any idea?

Dec-07 5:30:00 PM weatherXML Error condCustomGet: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I didnt have this before update....
            That error is from the custom text for conditions. That part has not changed in months. Try stopping the plugin and restarting it to get the array to rebuild.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                That error is from the custom text for conditions. That part has not changed in months. Try stopping the plugin and restarting it to get the array to rebuild.
                I still get that error when running a schedule, even after restarting the plugin. I've even uninstalled and re-installed it. No dice.

Code:
                Mar-05 9:35:02 AM         weatherXML Error    condCustomGet: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   

Mar-05 9:35:02 AM         weatherXML Error    setDeviceUVObject reference not set to an instance of an object.   

Mar-05 9:35:02 AM         weatherXML Error    device Condition: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   

Mar-05 9:35:02 AM         weatherXML Error    dataArrray Wind Dir: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

On the Settings page, set the logging level to Debug. Run the current schedule. Grab the log entries for me. You can either email them to me or if want to post them, could you start a new thread so it doesn't get lost in the FAQ page. Please check the log entries for any that are URLs and have your API key in the URL.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hi Jeff, appreciate all the work you put into this plugin.
                    I have a quick question you may be able to solve - a while back, an ini or 2 got scrambled, and I've just got around to uninstalling and reinstalling the PI.
                    Everything is back to normal apart from the WU hourly xml part - the old one wont parse and errors out (see below), if I delete it, it wont run the task as it's missing:
                    Code:
                    Mar-08 07:23:01	 	weatherXML	Weather Underground Hourly Forecasts Finished
                    Mar-08 07:23:01	 	weatherXML Error	importForecastHourly: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                    Mar-08 07:23:01	 	weatherXML Error	clearOldHourly: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                    Mar-08 07:23:01	 	weatherXML	Getting hourly forecast information
                    Either way, the hourly task isn't generating xml.
                    Is there something I can do to get the hourly back working?

Comment

I started a new thread for this issue.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180258

Originally posted by Furious View Post
                      Hi Jeff, appreciate all the work you put into this plugin.
                      I have a quick question you may be able to solve - a while back, an ini or 2 got scrambled, and I've just got around to uninstalling and reinstalling the PI.
                      Everything is back to normal apart from the WU hourly xml part - the old one wont parse and errors out (see below), if I delete it, it wont run the task as it's missing:
                      Code:
                      Mar-08 07:23:01         weatherXML    Weather Underground Hourly Forecasts Finished
                      Mar-08 07:23:01         weatherXML Error    importForecastHourly: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                      Mar-08 07:23:01         weatherXML Error    clearOldHourly: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                      Mar-08 07:23:01         weatherXML    Getting hourly forecast information
                      Either way, the hourly task isn't generating xml.
                      Is there something I can do to get the hourly back working?
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                      X